General driving and racing...

so i had another go at an RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I gamble with my life when I get out of the bed in the morning.

No sense in beating a dead horse.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
You still talking dude? Like seriously I'm done. NO where in my post did I say Drifting was Racing.... You are not going to save the world...Mary Poppins. Let me guess you drive 5 miles UNDER the speed limit, have never accelerated down a road in your car, never made a lane change without your blinker, and you come to complete stops at EVERY stop sign. Get over yourself already, and stop pretending you are perfect. You don't street race, fine. Do you do ANY racing legal or illegal at all? If you don't then you have no room to talk period.

The "trash" I've been racing on the streets..... I will be sure to let the locals with modified Evo's, STI's, Procharged Stangs, Camaro's on spray, etc....that some hater on SL thinks their cars are trash. And yes, I beat them in my tC. My tC isn't fast by my standards, but it's faster than an Evo, STI, S2k. I have a 350z also, and my tC puts about a bus length on it. BUT like I said, it's not yet fast by my standards. It's good for 12's right now. But when it makes it to mid 11's then I will consider it quick (not fast, as fast I think of 200mph). So, it will be quick.

PS......YOU FAIL when you ASSume you know me. You don't know anything about me, about my car, about where I live, or what I do. I am not an arrogant person but it's people like you that THINK they are schooling me, when I have more knowledge about racing on the back of my hand then you do in your entire brain.

Stop being a hater already.
Well, okay, first of all... when you say you're serious about racing because you've gone to a single drift event, it kind of implies that you think drifting is racing... but I'm not getting into semantics. And I do love when people are like "man, this argument is stupid, why are you still talking? I'm not doing this anymore..." and then proceed to continue their side of the argument. It also puts a smile on my face when someone rags on someone else for assuming things about them, and then makes a whole bunch of scathing assumptions about that person. Double points for doing it in the same post! Bravo, even I don't have those cajones.

All that being said, where have I ever suggested that I'm better than anyone else for NOT street racing? Please, point it out for me. Go over any post I've ever made with a fine tooth comb. Sure, I've said that street racing is reckless, dangerous, and irresponsible... and that compared to track racing it's unfufilling and boring... but where have I ever said that I'm better than anyone? I do believe, in your own words, "YOU FAIL when you ASSume". And speaking of "ASSume", kudos for that wacky strawman about me obeying every rule of the road like actually following traffic laws is a bad thing. Yes, I stop at every stop sign and use my blinker whenever I turn or change lanes. Oh man, I must be one of those dudes with pocket protectors and pants around my chest. And while you're nitpicking my assumed driving habits, I follow the flow of traffic, whatever speed it's going. I'm not the asshat holding everyone up, but I'm also not the asshat cutting everyone off.

Alright, I was at least trying to be civil for the whole discussion, but man... are you really dense enough to question if I do any racing at all when I've got the numbers and classes for both of my cars and a link to the SCCA region I race with in my signature? Anyway...

Sure, feel free to tell them that I think their cars are trash; I really don't care. Tell them that I think their driving is trash, too, for hilarity's sake. Just a personal opinion, but I find drag racing requires little more skill than a well-timed shift, keeping your steering wheel locked, and making a menacing face... which I think is pretty boring. I genuinely am interested in how you do at the Time Attack, not having any road course experience or track experience. The less cynical side of me says it's absolutely crucial for you to go to a road racing school in your region before you go to the event if you hope to have any fun or any respectable time. You'll spend more time driving and less time trying to find lines.

You're right, I know absolutely nothing about you except you have a car, it has four wheels, more piping than I have in your engine bay, and you street race it; I haven't made any personal attacks or assumptions against you. I don't know why you're getting so defensive.

No it does not imply I think drifting was racing. If you re-read it, it's talking about being serious about "Auto Sports" period. I can see where you could have been confused. But anyone and everyone in the world knows Drifting is not "racing". Especially someone who is actually involved in it. By the way, I haven't been to just a "single" drift event. Let me correct that, I've entered the first time last season, but I have been to plenty.

It is what it is. If I feel like I'm being taken shots at....I shoot back that's all. Street racing is dangerous, reckless, and irresponsible. Unfufilling...well that's debatable. After winning so many times sure. But if you are just starting, you get your kicks. I mean seriously, what am I suppose to apologize for my behavior.....lol. I don't believe it one bit that you are the most traffic law abiding as you say.....lol.

Naw...your not one of those guys that wears the pocket protector....probably wear a fanny pack instead...
Old 07-04-2008, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No it does not imply I think drifting was racing. If you re-read it, it's talking about being serious about "Auto Sports" period. I can see where you could have been confused. But anyone and everyone in the world knows Drifting is not "racing". Especially someone who is actually involved in it. By the way, I haven't been to just a "single" drift event. Let me correct that, I've entered the first time last season, but I have been to plenty.

It is what it is. If I feel like I'm being taken shots at....I shoot back that's all. Street racing is dangerous, reckless, and irresponsible. Unfufilling...well that's debatable. After winning so many times sure. But if you are just starting, you get your kicks. I mean seriously, what am I suppose to apologize for my behavior.....lol. I don't believe it one bit that you are the most traffic law abiding as you say.....lol.

Naw...your not one of those guys that wears the pocket protector....probably wear a fanny pack instead...
Fair enough. As long as we can agree that it's, on the whole, not a generally good idea. I guess what really grinds me about the idea, and why I'm so adamant about being against it, is the glamorization of it all. That people actually go "man I raced some random car on public streets traveling at triple digits" and other people say "wow that's so cool" is mind-boggling. You and I both know how discriminated we are by the general public (and the law)...

WELL, THIS IS WHY.

And your point about being unfufilling unless you're just starting is valid, sure, but don't you agree that you're the most danger to yourself and other people when you first start? Chances are that you have zero experience with any sort of go-fast stuff, you have no sense of car control whatsoever, your reaction time probably sucks, and you're probably looking down at the speedo half the time going "WOW I'M GOING REALLY FAST" instead of looking in front of you. WHY would you put risk like that on yourself and the people around you if you have any sense of... well, sense!?

And finally, three points:

1) I never claimed to abide by every single traffic law. Nobody does. Stopping at stop signs and using turn signals, sure... but if traffic in general is speeding, so am I. I just don't blaze down the highway at 8,000mph next to some **** I don't even know just because his car makes a bit more noise than usual. I don't take any pride from beating a random car I don't know driven by someone I know even less about.

2) Except that one time. It was in my dad's Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 against a very blue and very modified R32 on a highway right after it got dark. It was random, and we started from about 40mph. Probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I'm not proud of it, and I'm not going to post just how fast we got because it was embarrassingly fast, but I know what it's like. And to be quite honest, I would much rather thrash my tC around a track or a cone circuit any day.

3) I don't wear a fanny pack, but I am wearing a rubber children's WALL-E watch right now. And I really don't have anything better to do at work than to kill time by making these replies. I normally try not to be this long-winded.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

All points well taken. Only thing I disagree with is the part about being the most danger when you first start out. Just being a noob is only a little bit of the puzzle. If you are one of those people that don't have a concious mind, or you flat out blatantly have no regard for other people, then it don't matter how long you have been doing it. Those people are just dangerous period.

I'm not one of those people. It is one of those things where it's the Lesser of Two Evils......the concious street racer, and the illregard one. Both are not nearly as safe as normal driving, but one is more considerate enough not to put innocent people in harms way.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's good for 12's right now. But when it makes it to mid 11's then I will consider it quick
did i miss something here? when did you run 12's travis??
Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 AM

Dude I believe you, I raced a rsx type s to on hwy 40 yesterday in nc and we were going about 90 and I was behind him we were both going around traffic and as soon as it got clear i pulled out and did 120 and he was 2 car lengths away he couldn't keep up i swear. We met up at cvs and talked about our cars and stuff. I pondered on it all night and found out why this is possible spec of a type s are 180 whp and 125 torque at 7000 rpms our tc cars have 140 to 145 torque at 4k and with mods that would probably be 160 to 175 torque at 4k with a redline of 6000 . Horsepower without torque is nothing just high reving with no force lower horsepower with higher torque is slower reving but crap load of force per revolution.