10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
Originally Posted by Zillon
....all i see are the ppl most _____ing are the ones with the slowest cars..
And all the people I've seen try to justify street racing in this thread thus far are some of the most egocentric, inconsiderate, and ignorant people I've ever come into contact with.
yup.. slow car driver right there... / thread oh btw im neither of the 3.. in fact im far from that.. everyone loves me

Old 12-05-2007, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="rhythmnsmoke"]
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Just because they bragged about it, does not mean they think it's an autosport. It's an adrenalin rush. :
As long as it's on a dead road, and you and the other racer are the only to involved, I have no problem with it.
because it's illegal, people already assume import drivers are a bunch of jagoffs

same reason legitimate hotrodders won't associate with musclecar guys.

Good to see young folks have common sense.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats up travis!! lol....
Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

....all i see are the ppl most _____ing are the ones with the slowest cars..
And all the people I've seen try to justify street racing in this thread thus far are some of the most egocentric, inconsiderate, and ignorant people I've ever come into contact with.
yup.. slow car driver right there... / thread oh btw im neither of the 3.. in fact im far from that.. everyone loves me
im not sure you can call a 160hp 2dr camry a "fast car"

Scion tC: 0-60 mph: 7.8 sec. Quarter-Mile Time:, 15.7 sec.
Honda Odyssey: 0-60 mph: 7.81 Quarter-Mile Time: 16.23
Old 12-05-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

last time i checked.. the snail under my hood and the shiny fmic says it is...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

whats up travis!! lol....

Oh...You know me. Street racing, running over peoples innocent house pets and all...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

My snail says PSSSHHH!!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My snail says PSSSHHH!!
my snail screams "la cucaracha song" when i drive by
Old 12-05-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Bahaahahaa!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to streetrace bigtime 7 years ago until I got carjacked at the streetraces and people were shooting others and stabbing and crap. The people associated with streetracing are scum IMO.
I like to see somebody who thinks they are fast on the street, slap them on a real ractrack and sit back and laugh.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it use to be fun... until all the fkn thugs and theives got into it.. now it sucks... and its not the same as it was years ago...

i thank F&F movies for screwing it up for EVERYONE...
Old 12-05-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all, you can't lump everyone into the same category. Drivers all have different experiences, have been driving a lot longer, and have different knowledge and driving habits.
Exactly. This is why street racing is inherently stupid. You don't know what kind of experiences the other person has. For instance, I can assume that you're a terrible driver, since you've given me no reason to believe otherwise. And likewise - you don't know me, so what can you assume?

Your Germany example - they do a lot of classwork and fine people for not maintaining their cars so everyone has at least passable driving skills. What do they do in the U.S.? Drive around the block, parallel park - hey, you're a legal operator of a several ton vehicle!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mtxblau
First of all, you can't lump everyone into the same category. Drivers all have different experiences, have been driving a lot longer, and have different knowledge and driving habits.
Exactly. This is why street racing is inherently stupid. You don't know what kind of experiences the other person has. For instance, I can assume that you're a terrible driver, since you've given me no reason to believe otherwise. And likewise - you don't know me, so what can you assume?

Your Germany example - they do a lot of classwork and fine people for not maintaining their cars so everyone has at least passable driving skills. What do they do in the U.S.? Drive around the block, parallel park - hey, you're a legal operator of a several ton vehicle!
believe me if all a person has done is drive on the street, they don't have experience. They may think they do, but they don't. You don't learn about driving ( hard) until you have spent many hours all out on a road course. And that's not an opinion that's a fact.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's exactly why they created dragstrips around 50 years ago.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't even know me dude. I'm a grown man not some teeny booper who only "Think" he knows how to drive.
But you are. What quantifiable evidence do you have to prove you know how to drive? cause you raced some kids in a straight line?
Age doesn't denote maturity... demeanor and actions do. You defending street-racing with your non-sensical arguments are proof you are no better than the F&F crowd.

EMT's can't help you if you die instantly bro...
Captain Obvious has joined the thread ladies and gentlemen.
And the fact that you are even arguing this point shows your mentality (and maturity level).

Just because you have a kid doesn't make you responsible (or an adult).

WTF are you talking about. There are speed limits on parts of the Autobahn, and then there some that are not governed. Last time I heard though, that is about to change. They might be putting a speed limit everywhere on it.
"heard", which denotes you have no ACTUAL experience, therefore you are accepting what others have told you. Hence, you have very little to support your claims.

and for the record, a good portion of the Autobahn is speed limited.

Last time I checked, people didn't only smoke in their homes. Second hand smoke never harmed anyone though right... Guess they were waisting their time by banning smoking in public places if second hand smoke was so harmless...
And those who risk my health with their own idiocy are spoken to about it.

And didn't I already tell you where I race is void of Stationary objects and traffic. Only 2 lanes of street with a very large medium and then 2 lanes going the opposite direction.
Last I checked, a medium is pretty stationary. Oh... if you drove there without having some kind of gate to block others from entering, you are still on a public road!

What's interesting is how you defend an activity usually reserved for high school students.

btw, in the 40s-50s, there weren't 300 million registered passenger vehicles... more people driving... hmmm... making the practice far more moronic.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

saying "everyone who street races is bad or dangerous" is akin to saying "all asians are bad drivers".... as much as it seems that way sometimes, its not true.

there are plenty of smart, responsible street racers who know when to and not to race, and when to lift off, and when to hit the brakes....
Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only smart, responsible street racers I know, are the ones that don't race on the street, but take it to the track instead.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only smart, responsible street racers I know, are the ones that don't race on the street.
kid, first of all, you're 19.....u really don't know as much as u think.

and 2nd....if they're not racing on the street, they're not street racers, are they? i know u knew that.

I bet you hate all black people too, because you saw on the news a black person who shot someone. right? good logic.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
The only smart, responsible street racers I know, are the ones that don't race on the street.
kid, first of all, you're 19.....u really don't know as much as u think.

and 2nd....if they're not racing on the street, they're not street racers, are they? i know u knew that.

I bet you hate all black people too, because you saw on the news a black person who shot someone. right? good logic.
Do you feel like a big boy, now that you've made it known that I'm merely 19? If my age wasn't publicly displayed, you wouldn't know the difference, and you wouldn't be able to pull the age card out and wave it in everyone's face. "Oh, he's only a teenager! How immature, stupid, and naive he must be." Right. Great argument you've got there.

Street racing is stupid, irresponsible, and regardless of whether it's on an "empty" road or not, the road is still public, so there is always the inherent danger of putting someone else's life at risk. Like myself, and many others have said thus far in this thread: Save it for the track.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I think every here can agree that street racing is stupid. That doesn't mean we* don't do it. Street racing is stupid, so is drinking, so is smoking (anything but food), so are a lot of things, but they all happen EVERY SINGLE DAY IN EVERY** CITY IN THE US! That doesn't make it right.

*doesn't admit to, or deny street racing, merely acknowledges that it happens, and there are a lot of ppl (in # not %) on s/l that do street race.
**or at least most of them

Quick Reply: Street racing is not a sport