Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Getting a refund from ZPI...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

Default Getting a refund from ZPI...

I am not going to make this a long sob story but here are some of the details.

I've been on scionlife since mayish05' I rearly post. I pre-ordered a turbo kit from ZPI around the same time while I was deployed. I waited untill november 05' till I asked for a refund and since then I've dealt with Keesha / Kenny and the Owner and nothing has come out of it. I have saved AIM conversations and emails... I have waited enough and kept this hush hush with respects to there company but, ya can only do it for soo long, I have not seen one dime back of the 2400 and it's been over an year since I've pre ordered it... I have found a lawyer in KY (today acttually) that well take'em to court. All I want to put out is, if your buying online please... be carefull, you might get burnt like I have.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So what have they actually told you about it? We've "heard" your side, but what is their reason? They have to have said something...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member

well who I started talking to was keehsa, dealt with her aprox 3 months of the refund timeline, first it was credit card processing problems ect.. and she stated she'd mail a check to me, that bought them a while because she prolonged it. ummm after that it was something else ( I can't remember I'll look thru the emails and such) then kenny admited it was crap and that they didn't have the capital soo I was cool about it ____ I didn't mind... seemed legit, umm I stated I wanted him to update me every friday... which this I let by for 2 months, and no he never called me on the fridays.. last month I talked to the owner and it was the same excuse and soo I told him to call me every friday to update... least they could do, and no I never lost my temper with them, I understood it was a new business.. but enoughs, enough... This is the very short and condensed version because it's been a long time and yes I had to keep buging them about this they never called me back like they said they would, but... He did last month when I talked to the owner offer me a turbo again (Hah) but it was 6 months too late and I've dealt with there crummy tactics, ok I'll stop I ain't trying to bash but get this out, I let it slide long enough and I'd like my dam money : ) heh.. if you really want I can post the conversations I've saved soo there's no "he said" bs
Old 06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

good god you are one patient dude. be careful, theres alot of ZPI cheer leader lurking around ready to jump on you.

I wanted to do business with ZPI, but never once were any of my phone calls return.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member

I guess I am patient, but ummm hah jump on me... they got nothing, I have a year and the emails / conversations to back it up...
Old 06-06-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And alot of other people like me that wont deal with them because of bad experience too
Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by -Keith-
And alot of other people like me that wont deal with them because of bad experience too
+1
Old 06-06-2006, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member

I remember seeing that thread where you were suppose to be dealing with there products, don't remember the details tho..
Old 06-06-2006, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

but ya, hopefully on tommro's break I work out the details with the lawyer, get it started and what not.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Best of luck to you. That is way to long of a wait... sorry about your luck.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazed
I guess I am patient, but ummm hah jump on me... they got nothing, I have a year and the emails / conversations to back it up...
The proof is in the posting....
Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member

post as much as you can if there gonna screw you over who says there not gonna go out of bussiness and run with everyone elses money. Its only $2400 if a company can't come up with that in the spand of a year what says there products are good??????
Old 06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They probably had very little capital, and used a lot of preorder money for other business expenses instead of the actual kits(could have been r&d/etc). A lot of businesses do this, but this exact issue is the problem you run into. If he is taking legal action, his lawyer would probably advise against him posting any evidence here, as that could weaken his case. I'm not positive whether libel applies to the internet, but it would still be considered defamatory either way I would assume. Entirely up to johnny I've read a lot about ZPI, and I would have to say they seem like really cool people, just some problems like most small businesses can/do have unfortunately.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are right the money owed to you is real. We do owe you the money and we do not dispute this nor make an excuse. When we started this mass production stuff we were a lot smaller than we are today. Our business is growing at a rate of 30-35% a month thanks to the support from you all our great customers. We do not make excuses or have a valid reason as to why it has taken so long.

When I talked to you, what I told you was correct, we were in a cash flow crunch and I did not have an abundance of funds at that time to give you. We have since been financially okay as but as any business these pockets of financial hardship come and go. In small business they are a little more stressful but they take place in all sorts.

As to why it has not been paid since we have been okay? I simply do not know I would like to say out of sight out of mind but I truly do not know. We have not heard from you to my knowledge in a good while and then we are told about this. I can assure coming to us direct will yield better results than the Internet but you chose your course of action, no worries. We will address the issue with your lawyer when he contacts us and I am sure that we can come to solution that will make us all happy. I would have hoped it did not come to this but what is done is done and I understand your frustration.

I would advise some of you not libel our customers. We try very hard everyday to go above and beyond to help our customers and future customers. I think there have been dozens of stories of ZPI “haters” whom dislike for no valid reason but when it comes time for tech support or assistance they have had to swallow their words and ask for help when the company they where currently doing business with simply did not have the knowledge to help.

We are a growing company that will have to clear hurdles along the way and this is a prime example of that. We know that our infrastructure needs work and that we need to expedite shipping time, get better at calling people back etc. These are things that we try to improve every month. With the support of you, our customers, this will be possible. We are human we make mistakes but try not to only judge us on our errors but also on that of all the good that we at least try to do for you the Scion Community.

Thanks

Kenny Strickler
Old 06-07-2006, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member

ZPI... please explain what comming directly to you does for me? it's been a year... and then some, Please don't push it off like that, I've bugged ya's long enough and now I'll have to waste 1/3 on a lawyer just to get some of my money back... it's been a big sick joke on me..
Old 06-07-2006, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can assure coming to us direct will yield better results than the Internet but you chose your course of action, no worries.

Its amazing how powerful the internet can be. Seems like JohnnyBlazed did not see any results making phone calls therefore he was force into making this thread.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member

my thing is with the situation is Jonny hasn't posted any proof like he said he would so is he just blowing smoke up our ___ or is he being truthful about the situation. I personaly would like some proof of attemped contact to ZPI
Old 06-07-2006, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member

xXPlayingArmyXx (3:10:12 PM): yes
KennyStrickler signed off at 3:10:13 PM.
kennystrickler (3:53:41 PM): This is kenny from ZPI i understand there is an issue with your refund?
xXPlayingArmyXx (3:54:01 PM): yup
xXPlayingArmyXx (3:59:14 PM): I've just been patiantly waitin, been more aggressive this month. because I would like it.
kennystrickler (3:59:59 PM): I am not sure as to what you have been told or what has happen thus far. I have really just became aware of this situation recently as I unfourtantly only hear about issues when they become just that issues. I am not sure as to when this was issued or promised I am aware of our current situation.
kennystrickler (4:03:29 PM): I have purchased a large amount of turbo kit parts in an attempt to put kits on the shelve by Feb 1. In doing this I have really put our company in a money pinch. Usually this is not an issue as our sales create instant cash flow no harm no foul. But this coupled with the slowest time of year for out business i have put us in a little pickle..I am telling you this as if we could postpone your refund for a week or two this would greatly help us out. I would be willing to compensate you immediately with a free ZPIracing V2.0 crank pulley.
xXPlayingArmyXx (4:04:59 PM): Honestly I need no compensation, all I want is your WORD. that in 1-2 weeks I WILL be notified and the check well be sent out. I'd like that to be a priority thats all.
kennystrickler (4:06:59 PM): not a problem...I am taking care of the personally due to my careless budget planning and will call you the day it leaves my desk.. I would still like to send you the crank pulley as a token of my appreciation and i think it is a great mod..
xXPlayingArmyXx (4:08:43 PM): hahah, alright. I think I can wait a few more weeks. Also take note that I am glad u enlightened me finaly, I figured something of that nature was up. all ya gotta do is tell somebody, I understand.. just pleassse keep me updated..
kennystrickler (4:09:31 PM): I am sorry and I agree...I keep telling Keisha honesty is always best she just has to much pride..:-D
xXPlayingArmyXx (4:10:47 PM): well I'm going to go. Take care, hope business picks up
Old 06-07-2006, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member

xXPlayingArmyXx (2:53:55 PM): Kiesha, I emailed Kenny the terms with me the refund and getting a lawyer. I have yet to get a reply, I have spoke to my lawyer.. and now I'm just giving ya that date until I proceed, because enoughs, enough. I would like to know if I should just start now or should I wait the one more week?
MissZPIracing (2:55:13 PM): I'm honestly not involved in your refund so I do not know any specifics. Kenny has been out of the office both yesterday and today until around 1pm which might be why you haven't heard from him. I will forward your im to him.
xXPlayingArmyXx (2:56:18 PM): I know your not anymore, but it is VERY frustrating when infact over a dozen times I've been told the checks in the mail / ya told me he'd call me back one day and I was waiting and he never did.
MissZPIracing (2:57:15 PM): I did take that message and I passed it along to him. I can assure you he is not ignorning you, he has been running ragged these last couple weeks trying to prepare for this shootout.
MissZPIracing (2:58:14 PM): i do understand the frustration of being told something is happening and not seeing results. However, I do know that he did in fact send you a check as I was the one to get it both from the bank (certified) and the one to mail it out. I have since put a stop payment on that check since you had not in fact received it, however I assumed Kenny had taken it from there.
xXPlayingArmyXx (3:00:57 PM): Assumtions are killing me, but I have recorded more then once that I was told a check was being sent to me. Its like it ain't a priority but ultimity ya'll have had my money for almost year, and I haven't publicly bashed ya... is it because I ain't bashing ya your all just putting it aside? jeez lol...
MissZPIracing (3:02:24 PM): I honestly am not sure why it is taking so long. Kenny has made it priority, but please don't assume because you haven't based us is why you haven't received it. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I tell you how grateful and appreciative we are for you not doing so, especially considering the time frame.
xXPlayingArmyXx (3:04:50 PM): Please, please.. pass on to kenny how important it is to get this out to me, I have talked to my laywer like I've said in the email. and he doesn't want to start things sending ya a lawyer note because of the time frame, but once I truly start persueing it that way I well not stop. Thats why I give ya ample time.
MissZPIracing (3:05:50 PM): I completely understand. And we don't want you to have to spend the money on a lawyer anyways, that's just silly. Especially considering that Kenny has all intentions of refunding your money.
MissZPIracing (3:06:11 PM): If he was trying to scam you, I'd say yea, get a lawyer, but that's not the case :-)
xXPlayingArmyXx (3:06:54 PM): I know, its the time frame killing it tho, longer I wait more it sounds like the right choice, Would hope you understand coming from a customer point of veiw
MissZPIracing (3:08:00 PM): i do. let me talk to him. we're about to have a meeting anyways, i'll bring it up then.
MissZPIracing went away at 3:08:02 PM
Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member

Pink heres some proof, first I said if you need it I'll post it, second this was my last resort and I told ZPI that I didn't want to use this path because it does get out to alot of people. but I've had it with emailing, AIM, and phone calls that when I called I had to wait 20-30mins to get some kind of answer... I do have a question because the lawyer I'm dealing with wants 1/3rd of whatever I recieve does that sound legit? I mean at this point I just want to recover as much as possible...

Quick Reply: Getting a refund from ZPI...