Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Getting a refund from ZPI...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recently got screwed out of a lot of money from an engine build that never went down as advertised, but this thread is about johnny and mainly I wanted to bring up again the idea of a collective paypal account to help him with legal fees because I honestly would donate like $10 or $20 to a worthy cause (and considering I want to purchase a turbo kit in about 2 years after I've finished college, twenty bucks to me is an investment to make sure that when I'm ready to shell out $4000 on a kit and all the needed parts that it will be from a reliabile company.)

And ZPI, honestly, any more post you may put on here before refunding this man his money is only going to hurt ur rep. U owe him money, and after a year there is no amount of fancy words you could use to excuse yourself from this, u ____ed up, now give the man his money, stop acting all hard as if his coming to use this thread has threated his chance at a refund. If anything he now has more support, possibly even finacially from peeps like me, who are tired of unprofessional businessmen such as yourselves.

So johnny, get that paypal thingy up, I'll be check'n back for it.

p.s. I'm not for war or troops, because sadly enough I'm against all forms of violence period (niave I know but it is the way I prefer to conduct myself.) but still I'd have to say its f'd up how this man risked his life for something he believed in and use his rewards(money) for such actions to support an up and coming part maker instead of something name brand and commercial and you are trying to take this man's money? What the f? He spent how long dodging bullets in another county only to come back and do the same here with his own community. (I say community because I think consumers and suppliers should work together for best results.) You have not only lost my respect as an autopart marker but as a f'ing human being. I'm sorry this just ____es me off. GL Johnny.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazed
BUT it's a business and there ethics suck.
Agreed!!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

WOW I would also like to donate money if he set up a paypal. I to am a college grad and would love to help him out.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Default A new leaf is turnin

Hi All,

My name is Danny Bower I have been an enthusiast for many years starting with Jeeps and Trucks, moving to Classic Corvettes and on to imports. My current ride is a G35 that has a few bolt on parts, some suspension work etc. As far as JohnnyBlazed goes he will get his money back or a kit by August 1st if he still wants it. If Johnny does still want it I am sure that he will get what he is owed by ZPI with interest. The reason I know this is because I am the one paying the bills right now.

Kenny, Kesha and the rest of the ZPI crew are suffering from a classic business problem. How do I fund a business that has quadrupled in size in 6 months while maintaining good customer service standards? Many businesses fail in this situation because of the lack of funds and ability to retain customers, however, this is not Johnny's problem or concern. His concern is "where is my turbo" or "where is my money". I think it is criminal that someone who has done as much as Johnny didn't get what he was promised. I think it’s unfortunate that Johnny and Kenny couldn't come to a resolution between each other where Johnny would be happy.

The reality of the situation is for one reason or another ZPI was unable to meet Johnny's expectations and in the process really messed up from a customer service perspective. The official ZPI stance is yes we made a mistake and what can we do to fix it? Give a refund or ship the turbo or some combo of both. In order to do this Kenny's options were to sell his soul (which ZPI is his heart and soul so he only has to give up less than half of it) to someone who is willing to support an extremely young business professional who has exposed himself to tremendous risk to provide aftermarket parts for a first generation vehicle that has no real aftermarket support. Kenny obviously had many options but we chose to partner together so I could provide 2 things, money and operations experience. With the proper financing Kenny will now be free to focus on developing the greatest aftermarket performance parts in the industry while I worry about paying bills and keeping the business end running.

I personally don't believe the Scion TC or xB would be where it is today as a tuner platform without Kenny and ZPI. If he hadn't risked his future, all his money, and his reputation to develop this kit and these parts where do you think the tC would be as a platform right now? While I don't know the answer I do know the Scion is better off because Kenny Strickler saw this as a vehicle that could dominate the show, street, strip, and racetrack and took the initiative to put his money where his mouth is by developing parts.

While that doesn't help Johnny today. I will ASAP. In fact once the ink is dry on the paperwork and the funds get transferred, Johnny is first on the list. Not because of these posts or this forum but because Kenny knows what he owes Johnny and wants to make it right. As for all of the others who have refund issues or shipping issues please be aware that you haven't been forgotten, are on the list, and will receive either as soon as we can work out the details. I will be spending my time as the ZPI forum troll for the next few months as I have a lot to learn and think quality forums like SL are the best place to learn if you are willing to filter out the noise. If you have questions, comments or ideas for products that you want please drop me a PM. Um I might need the Mods to give me some more space but I will do my best to keep it empty

Wheeewwww. I hope I stayed on topic and haven't bored too many people.

Thank You,
Danny Bower
ZPI V.P of Business Affairs
(What the heck is that?)
Old 07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im glad this is getting sorted out. Best of luck to you and ZPI. And thanks for providing an Aftermarket for the Scions!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by zer0
Im glad this is getting sorted out. Best of luck to you and ZPI. And thanks for providing an Aftermarket for the Scions!
Thanks for the support. While it will take a week or two to get it all sorted out, ZPI is now in position to grow the Aftermarket for the Scions which should be fun. We will focus on getting all of this cleared up by August 1st so we continue to grow our product lineup.

Please feel free to PM me with any personal questions or issues. I am trying to figure out where to start so if you want to get to the top of the list let me know asap. Now that JohnnyBlazed is getting taken care of that is. Hey since JohnnyBlazed doesn't need a lawyer right this second can we set up a Pay Pal account for him still? Ill drop 50$ if all the others on here who posted they would go first. That way John can get some new tires or something and I can believe all of these posters are the real deal.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice of you to finally introduce yourself Dan.

Originally Posted by Hillbilly
I am in Kentucky and no I do not have anything to do with ZPI other than having a Nissan that they ordered parts and being a customer.
Seems like ZPI is rubbing off on you already. Enjoy!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I just read this whole thread, and I'm appauled! Did JB, get his refund yet?!
Hillbilly, you come on here, attempt to own up to the mistakes of ZPI, but have not yet sent the refund. You mention that JB has to wait a week or two for his refund?! If you really wanted to make things right, you would have sent the refund as soon as you heard word about this. At this point, JB should get some compensation on top of his full refund, for the all the BS he had to endure.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by PaRaGoNViCtiM
Hillbilly, you come on here, attempt to own up to the mistakes of ZPI, but have not yet sent the refund. You mention that JB has to wait a week or two for his refund?! If you really wanted to make things right, you would have sent the refund as soon as you heard word about this. At this point, JB should get some compensation on top of his full refund, for the all the BS he had to endure.
I'm all for JB getting his refund but if you read the whole post he states he has to wait for it (his deal with ZPI) to be final. If it's not final I can't really blame him (himself) not giving the refund until then. I also think JB should get his money plus instrest from when he first requested a refund. Thank GOD this is all almost over. I need a midpipe soon.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by PaRaGoNViCtiM

Danny just posted this TODAY. We are still working out the legal paper work, getting accounts setup.. It will be a little bit before we can just start writting checks.

I'd also like thank Charles for his insightful and helpful posts, that always benefit SL 100%.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Johhny, I am glad you might be getting your money back...someday
Old 07-11-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Where are all the posts?

So I have read all of these threads and I am asking for people to contact me with PMs about what ZPI owes them that they haven't recieved. John is the ONLY one who I talked to and I PM'ed HIM. So whats up. I thought Kenny stole a bunch of money. If that was true my box should be full. I think right now all existing orders should be shipped by friday EXCEPT for Turbos. Now I am not making any promises the promise is that if you had an order and we don't get it to you by August 1st its free.

Now since Kenny is a thief and a liar I wan't a bunch of PM's with people who HAVEN'T gotten what they expected. I bought into this expecting some real hard work but right now its just a bunch of flames.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member

Anyway just to let ya'll know I did fax the papers to the lawyer a weekish ago, but Hillbilly did acttually call me (which is supprising, he took the time to take care of me) well in that sense I mean I had a talk and yes it's still words but I well wait untill august to see if they've really made a change and if he'll settle it with me like we disscused, look if you've noticed I've waited this long, I can wait a lil longer, I really would like to see if this guy can straiten ZPI's mess out, let them have there week and stop bashing once more. If I can suffer this long there ain't no one else in my shoes
so stop knocking ' em. anyway point is they have made changes I think in a good way and I'm going to wait this week to find out. wish me luck and I'm hoping they take this in a the right direction.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Where are all the posts?

JohnnyBlazed was offered a personal check from myself or another option that was individually tailored to HIM. He chose to see if I was full of BS or not. Why don't you wait and see if I am full of BS. If ZPI owes YOU something send me a PM and I will contact you so we can work something out. If not wouldn't it be better for the Scion community if ZPI were able to meet its commitments and continue to be the leader in Scion aftermarket parts? Couldn't you wait a few months and see if ZPI is able to deliver without risking anything?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

He said, existing orders should be shipped by friday (7/14), with the exception of turbos which have until 8/1.

Besides, if you don't like ZPI, you shouldn't sell their products (including turbo kits) on your website (fastscions.com).
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

Danny offered him a personal check because as he said yesterday, we are still in the process of transfering funds.

Have you ever tried to deposit a check for a large sum of money.. The bank would expect you to wait for that check to clear before you start spending it.

You guys are killing me.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Please Keep all posts in one thread....

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73788