Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

I almost got in a car crash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I almost got in a car crash!!!

I was driving home and this integra was behind me.. behind me in the right rear (close to the blind side).

i was just crusin at like 60. he jams it and gets in ahead (still on the right side of the road) when he pounded on the gas he was already ahead by like 1 1/2 car distance..when i wanted to try to overtake

but all i did was keep that same distance :S i thought i could have gained enough to pass, but the road was just about GONE

anyways its no biggie i just wanted to see if i can do it

The crazy part is that entire run was LESS THAN 1/4 miles, i can tell because the cars only went up to about 90mph..probably only half a 1/4 mile before this decent sized curve. i know there was no more road ahead and so i applied brakes to meet the curve, i switched to the right lane (the lane the integ was on, so now i was behind him on that same lane).

All of a sudden seeing the integ in front, it was still going at a decent rate of speed.

tires screeched and with the stop of his car (and me being behind) i also had to HALT.. with that said my car also started sliding on the road. I saw his car go from that middle lane of the road we were on to the very right lane(next lane) then the curb.

so ya with the sudden halt of speed my car also started sliding.. my car was sliding in a forward/left direction so i turned my wheel to the right. then my car started sliding towards the forward/right then i turned my wheels to the left.. then i stopped (didnt touch the curb).

when i stopped, i see he made a little 180 out of the entire thing.. the car he drove met a curb and he did a slight 180 so his car was not facing the correct direction

both our cars were like side to side almost like this: / /

both our car was side to side about 12 feet distance apart.

the slide (when my tires was not rolling) was like 10 feet or so

he was facing the other side of the road. i whistled at the driver but the guy couldnt even look my way.. the car drove off (driving TOWARDS TRAFFIC, though theres a break within the middle of the 'island' to go the right direction, surprised me cause i thought he was jsut gonna make a Uturn right there when i was in front of them).

Anyways there was the 1 sec pause. i whistled but they just drove away.. so they drove off and i did too before anything else happens. i had to shout a "WHOO" to release some adrenaline on my spine.

Lesson to me: i think people push their cars to the limit too much, you should know what curves your ride can take before you even do anything. never underestimate.. because of him losing control i had to apply crazy brakes and i almost lost control i think some people would have made a bad choice if they go in that situation.

Dont ever push your car, have a strict line when enough is enough!!! We dont get paid for this, when theres a hazard, respect the hazards ahead, you'll be one stupid fool if you push your luck when driving wreckless!

im happy my car is still in one piece and im not hurt. i also should thank Grand Theft Auto for teaching me some ideas of wheel control.(jokes jokes)

DO NOT ATTEMPT!!! This can get you seriously hurt or even worst DEATH!
Old 12-06-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay...hand over the keys. You're clearly not ready yet.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by matt_a
Okay...hand over the keys. You're clearly not ready yet.
Quoted for truth
Old 12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, let me get this straight....you come on the boards announcing your stupidity and the fact that you almost crashed your car? Are you expecting sympathy? All it shows is how stupid you are. My guess is that mommy and daddy bought you this car because obviously, you have no respect for the car.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it getting hot in here?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually at the end he seems to explain what NOT to do...sounds like someone just simply sharing a stupid experiance so others may not do it too..

Wondering if people actually read the whole thing or did what most do and form an opinion halfway through it and post based on that.

I once passed 2 cars between the cars...was one of the dumbest things ive ever done and I never did anything close to it again and soon after started changing my driving style too. We all do stupid things.

If you talk on the cell phone while driving you are just as bad.

(only my 2 cents)

NOTE: read the last 3 parts of the post, it sums it all up nicely there

Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did read the entire post. He did something stupid, it scared the &*#% out of him, he (hopefully) learned his lesson, and he is warning others not to do it. We've all been there. My post about him handing over the keys was 80% a joke.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agree.

Originally Posted by elusivedragon
actually at the end he seems to explain what NOT to do...sounds like someone just simply sharing a stupid experiance so others may not do it too..

Wondering if people actually read the whole thing or did what most do and form an opinion halfway through it and post based on that.

I once passed 2 cars between the cars...was one of the dumbest things ive ever done and I never did anything close to it again and soon after started changing my driving style too. We all do stupid things.

(only my 2 cents)

Old 12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

^ yea, he didnt ask for sympathy,

in fact its good when ppl share their stupid moments so that other's can learn...

i totaled my car and my bike in the span of 3 weeks. you'd think i'd learned the first time.... not a proud moment, but i can definately tell you what NOT to do (ive learned now obviously)

good job (no sarcasm) immune, at least you've learned, and other's get a good msg too:

quote immune: "
:No Way: Dont ever push your car, have a strict line when enough is enough!!! We dont get paid for this, when theres a hazard, respect the hazards ahead, you'll be one stupid fool if you push your luck when driving wreckless! "

^moral of the story
Old 12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I read the whole thing, but the way he goes about telling the main "story", it almost seems like he is bragging about his stupidity.

"i had to shout a "WHOO" to release some adrenaline on my spine"

"then i stopped (didnt touch the curb)"

I guess it just bothers me when people act stupid on public roads. I have an uncle that was seriously injured when some street racers t-boned his car while they were acting stupid on public roads. Keep the racing on the tracks.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL

Think what you like. Im not asking for anything.

Im just sharing a story that happened a few nights back.

I KNOW how to drive.

There punks out there who pushed their car like the integra for example.

And its drivers like those i feel sorry for and hate at the same time. Because i almost crashed into him! Just for my sake i applied brakes knowing the curb was ahead. I was in a good distance from the integ and was at a good speed for that curve.

Most people probably read only half of what i posted and assume all sorts of ideas. Which makes them look like a complete idiot!

Get it right!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

matt_a ..good point lol
Old 12-07-2005, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elusivedragon

(only my 2 cents)

true, he explains what not to do at the end, but that advice isn't for him, it's for people that "push their cars to the limit too much". he never said he did anything wrong, he just blamed the guy in the integra for not knowing how to drive because he "knows" how to drive. he just as guilty as the integra driver in this situation. problem is the guy in the integra spun out first...