Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Verbal Speeding Warning that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:27 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by plarnb1215
I've got the hook up with the Lowell po-po, they love the bathmate review article here is good. pulling people over on the connector, I'm def buying the Valentine V1 and some of that Veil stuff you put on your headlights and license plate.
Like others said, you're off the hook. But be careful, if you get pulled up by the same cop, he's going to fine you to the fullest extent of the law. I actually think it's pretty cool that he showed leniency towards you since you're a new driver and weren't speeding that much.

Last edited by RollandReg; 09-02-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up

Old 05-28-2019, 07:42 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Sciontist
The thing is, they never GAVE me any citation or even had me SIGN ANYTHING that nite... the whole thing was a setup (entrapment)
I talked to me fellow tC friend then next day, and he said there's 2 F-150's undercover that drive around and goat people into speeding , etc..
I have a similar issue with my 2008 Scion Release Series 5.0. My car came with the Spyder taillights, the ones with multiple rows of red bulbs over a red filtered brake light and a white back up light.

My son was driving in town and got pulled over. The cop told him that my stop lights were illegal and that each individual LED bulb counted as a separate light so there were too many lights.
I bought this car back in October 2018 and its the only one of its kind in my little town of Hanfird, CA. I've been driving this car every day and this is the first I've heard of my car having illegal lights.

I know there were only 2500 of these 5.0 cars built, but I can't seem to find any pictures of one with the Spyder tail lights. Does anyone know where I might find a picture of one with those tail lights that I can show the judge to prove they aren't illegal?
Or is there any way to prove the tail lights aren't illegal other than pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated as they arrested my son based on this bogus probable cause reason for the stop.
Thanks.

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-29-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by paralgl01
I have a similar issue with my 2008 Scion Release Series 5.0. My car came with the Spyder taillights, the ones with multiple rows of red bulbs over a red filtered brake light and a white back up light. My son was driving in town and got pulled over. The cop told him that my stop lights were illegal and that each individual LED bulb counted as a separate light so there were too many lights. I bought this car back in October 2018 and its the only one of its kind in my little town of Hanfird, CA. I've been driving this car every day and this is the first I've heard of my car having illegal lights. I know there were only 2500 of these 5.0 cars built, but I can't seem to find any pictures of one with the Spyder tail lights. Does anyone know where I might find a picture of one with those tail lights that I can show the judge to prove they aren't illegal? Or is there any way to prove the tail lights aren't illegal other than pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated as they arrested my son based on this bogus probable cause reason for the stop. Thanks.
1. It is Highly Recommended you Post a Photo of Your Taillights so they can be Identified:
Sticky How to Post Pictures on (SL) Scion Life

2. How do you KNOW for certain you have Spyder Taillights vs OEM Taillights?
IF you have Spyder Taillights, What is the Type and Item Number? (there are several types).

3. Did you receive just a
a. Verbal Warning
b. Fix-It Ticket
c. Actual Written Citation:
IF so, What is the C.V.C. Code Violation on the ticket stating which Code you were cited for?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-29-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paralgl01
I have a similar issue with my 2008 Scion Release Series 5.0. My car came with the Spyder taillights, the ones with multiple rows of red bulbs over a red filtered brake light and a white back up light.

My son was driving in town and got pulled over. The cop told him that my stop lights were illegal and that each individual LED bulb counted as a separate light so there were too many lights.
I bought this car back in October 2018 and its the only one of its kind in my little town of Hanfird, CA. I've been driving this car every day and this is the first I've heard of my car having illegal lights.

I know there were only 2500 of these 5.0 cars built, but I can't seem to find any pictures of one with the Spyder tail lights. Does anyone know where I might find a picture of one with those tail lights that I can show the judge to prove they aren't illegal?
Or is there any way to prove the tail lights aren't illegal other than pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated as they arrested my son based on this bogus probable cause reason for the stop.
Thanks.

______
Lol what? While he's correct those aftermarket lights are DOT certified, his reasoning is completely off. Ever seen the back of a G35, 350z, Mercedes E350, GTI, etc? The led tail light versions of all of those cars have a bajillion individual leds. Cop is full of crap and was just looking for reasons to pull your son over. Could be the way he was driving or he was just singled out by the vehicle type. Who knows, but as long as they light up red and are visible from x number of feet (can vary by state), then I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Just a FYI though, 'buying the vehicle with said parts' does not exempt you from having to conform to that law. Tail lights being too visible though... that's a new one. Glad this cop hasn't seen my license plate lights..