Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

zeitgeist consipiracy movie

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:20 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default zeitgeist consipiracy movie

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm
its about 2 hours long im 30 minutes in and so far they basically linked all gods and religions to stars and crap its really cool check it out
my parents are watching it and they talk about 911 too its really interesting
Old 07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its an interesting movie. Too bad the sheeple are unable to handle the information it presents. There is more information in one thimble of reality than can be understood by a galaxy of human brains.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

yep
Old 07-21-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Conspiracy movies are filled with inaccuracies and errors. Only a fool would believe anything in Zeitgeist, Fahrenheit 9/11, or Loose Change.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xFistsClenchedx
Conspiracy movies are filled with inaccuracies and errors. Only a fool would believe anything in Zeitgeist, Fahrenheit 9/11, or Loose Change.
Spoken like someone who cant think for themselves.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
Spoken like someone who cant think for themselves.
You're claiming I can't think for myself, while taking your thoughts and opinions from a movie someone else created? Bad example. I CAN think for myself, which is how I know that all of these conspiracy movies are filled with errors. Fact of the matter is that I'm just as qualified to make a conspiracy film as anyone that already has and I have no qualifications. Loose Change, for example, started out as a work of fiction and then they built their "facts" around the original fictional story after deciding the fictional story could have actually happened on 9/11. Zeitgeist is probably the best of the conspiracy films, but it has the same flaws.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're claiming I can't think for myself, while taking your thoughts and opinions from a movie someone else created? Bad example..
No, you are trying to take down a strawman you set up. I never said I took my opinions from the movie now did I?

I CAN think for myself, which is how I know that all of these conspiracy movies are filled with errors.
Painting with quite a broad brush arent we? ALL?

Fact of the matter is that I'm just as qualified to make a conspiracy film as anyone that already has and I have no qualifications. Loose Change, for example, started out as a work of fiction and then they built their "facts" around the original fictional story after deciding the fictional story could have actually happened on 9/11. Zeitgeist is probably the best of the conspiracy films, but it has the same flaws.
Why are you only focusing on a third of the movie? Most of it doesnt even mention 911. That said, the slant presented on 911 in Zeitgeist is pedestrian, at best. But there is much more to it than that. The first part (about christianity) is correct.

The whole 911 topic has been beaten to death on this forum (search it...I think it was 30+ pages), so I wont get into it here, again.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

because america loves 9/11.

now, i dont usually stick my neck out in things like this over the interweb, but the fact of the matter is, cover ups happen all the time. 9-11? without going into an essay, metal was melted that in NO WAY would have melted without an extreme, professional superhot explosion. NOT airliner fuel. talk about that.

who wants another to talk about?
JFK!
who killed him? not one man in a building! there were at LEAST three shooters. to cover the basics.
2nd. magic bullet? supported by the government?! cover up?
why was the route changed the day before, to go through this horribly unsafe location? hmmm

conspiracies make the world go round.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Painting with quite a broad brush arent we? ALL?
When I say all, I 'm referring to the three I mentioned which have been debunked.

The first part (about christianity) is correct.
Actually, that's all been refuted as well and proved incorrect. If you truly believe that Zeitgeists information is correct on Christianity, then do some research, gather up some ancient evidence and go to zeitgeistchallenge.com. They'll give you $250 if you can show proof in ancient texts of Zeitgeists claims.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrfuzzy4
because america loves 9/11.

now, i dont usually stick my neck out in things like this over the interweb, but the fact of the matter is, cover ups happen all the time. 9-11? without going into an essay, metal was melted that in NO WAY would have melted without an extreme, professional superhot explosion. NOT airliner fuel. talk about that.
According to whom? Most professionals in that field believe that the planes were sufficient to weaken the structure and cause the collapse.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, that's all been refuted as well and proved incorrect. If you truly believe that Zeitgeists information is correct on Christianity, then do some research, gather up some ancient evidence and go to zeitgeistchallenge.com. They'll give you $250 if you can show proof in ancient texts of Zeitgeists claims.
Ive done the research and it doesn't take much digging to figure out christianity is an amalgamation of other religions.

But I digress. Both 9/11 and religion have been talked to death.

9/11: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=97357&start=0

Atheist vs. theist : https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...168344&start=0
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

According to whom? Most professionals in that field believe that the planes were sufficient to weaken the structure and cause the collapse.
That has nothing to do with what mrfuzzy said.

Jet fuel cannot burn hot enough to liquify steel let alone keep the steel liquid for weeks and weeks.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all , almost every word we read in the bible is a translation from language to language (like making xerox of a xerox) and most bibles were translated with the authority and money of a government so they were most likely all edited so the whole truth is not in there-this is where most people get their facts about things to do with christinaity. (check the loggia fragment-cool stuff)

On the hollywood side:
Watch 'conspiracy theory'-just a great movie but suggests a lot
'smokin' aces'-cool movie-check the cover ups when you get to the end (why not real)
'chaos'-twisty, people like this all over the world

In the news:
anything to do with president bush-not knowing, then he covered it up, then he believes he did the right thing, then his cabinet leaves him

enron? there wasn't some manilpuation going on there

in your life:
if you work for a bigger company, there are always slight of hand deals that give the higher ups the bonuses while they limit the underlings because the goals, or plans or projections were never quite met even though the company grew

These conspiracies are everywhere,and there are always going to be just plain flaws and mistakes and anything translated it not exact not to mention whether it was heard with non-biased ears in the first place
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive done the research and it doesn't take much digging to figure out christianity is an amalgamation of other religions.
You need to do better research because there is no evidence of this.

Jet fuel cannot burn hot enough to liquify steel let alone keep the steel liquid for weeks and weeks.
This has already been explained to death.

PBS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwsBkZhP_0c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7e2...eature=related

Why the World Trade Center Buildings Collapsed
A Fire Chief ’s Assessment
http://vincentdunn.com/wtc.html

The WTC towers fell without any assistance from explosive devices. It was the result of planes hitting a building that couldn't take the heat and damage it received. Any other conclusion is people trying to make something out of nothing.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by greybox
First of all , almost every word we read in the bible is a translation from language to language (like making xerox of a xerox) and most bibles were translated with the authority and money of a government so they were most likely all edited so the whole truth is not in there-this is where most people get their facts about things to do with christinaity. (check the loggia fragment-cool stuff)
Not only because of going from one language to another (Gen 35:7 - 13, Psalms 82:1; these passages mix up plural and singular forms of the word "gods/Elohim" and singular/plural grammar), but the influences of individual authors, scribes and translators that placed their own stamp and philosophy on them. It has been shown that certain words have an older origin than the Hebrew language and it is a known fact that Hebrew borrows words from Aramaic, Canaanite, Akkadian, etc. These words are clues to cultures which preceded the Hebrews.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by greybox
Not only because of going from one language to another (Gen 35:7 - 13, Psalms 82:1; these passages mix up plural and singular forms of the word "gods/Elohim" and singular/plural grammar), but the influences of individual authors, scribes and translators that placed their own stamp and philosophy on them. It has been shown that certain words have an older origin than the Hebrew language and it is a known fact that Hebrew borrows words from Aramaic, Canaanite, Akkadian, etc. These words are clues to cultures which preceded the Hebrews.
Jesus spoke Aramaic. I'm not sure what your point is.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basically that the Hebrew might have used word influences form Aaramaic (the language that most people agree Jesus spoke-there is no actual proof) but it also could have derived the meaning from one of the other languages that influenced Hebrew and so again, xerox a xerox.

Nobody ever has proven that Jesus wasn't bi-or tri-lingual so maybe he gave sermons in different languages depending on where he was and therefore if some languages do not have the exact same words in meaning there would be some room for a variance in meaning.

Spanish and Italian are both derived from the same origins and so it is easy for someone to pick up the words and meanings and get the general point even though they might not know the exact meaning of a word-the context denotes the meaning, not the word itself.

Language also has inate inaccuracies in that I can say 'blue' and we might not all think of the same shade of 'blue' even though we have an idea of what we are getting to, but paint a room blue and the person who said to paint it blue might walk in and say that is not what they had in mind even though it's still blue.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

eh ......
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond