Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So I'm now a believer in the RS4 curse.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default So I'm now a believer in the RS4 curse.

So first it was the huge rock chip in my windshield (which I still refuse to get fixed knowing it will happen again). Then it was the paint blemish. Now, not to be outdone by minor repairs, I have a freakin dent! I always heard about the "curse of the RS4" and just thought, "blah! you all are a bunch of freakin weirdos!"

It's too dark and I'm too lazy to take pics so I'll update with pics whenever the hell I get around to it but here's what happened:
I live near the top of a huge hill and I refuse to pay an extra $60 in rent just for an uncovered parking spot at my apartment so I'm always forced to street park it. Can be a huge PITA in Seattle but until now have been lucky to only get minor blemishes. Alright I'll spare the rest of the mundane details.

I was parked on the hill facing upwards. As I was getting ready to leave for work I was ____ed off how the jeep behind me was parked so close and gave it a few names in my mind. So I warm up my car, step my foot on the clutch, put my hand on the e-brake to get ready to release, give it a little gas and slowly release the e-brake. Damn, I forgot the most important step: putting it in first. So I'm revving like crazy and start rolling backwards. Before I can even wonder what the hell is going on, CRUNCH!! Lucky for me the jeep didn't even suffer a scratch but my poor Penny has a small dent and a rear bumper that almost came lose.

I don't know if it's the curse of the RS4 or if I'm on a string of bad luck. My left arm is in a sling right now from getting hurt playing football. I want to just rip my arm off and beat my car with it!

Well goodnight PNW and see you all at the cruise tomorrow!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Dang, that sucks dude, well from the sounds (and experience of it) it only seems to happen once so cross your fingers!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not crossing my fingers ever again
sorry for the pain and good luck wt=/the fix
Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sucks man...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:35 PM
SL Member

Ya know, with every string of bad luck comes....more bad.......er....hang in there dude.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ lol...umm thanks? well after taking a closer look, the dent isn't too bad. not that noticeable. It still bugs the hell out of me
because I know its there. Also, a clip that holds up the rear bumper got busted so theres a 1/8 inch gap between the rear bumper and passenger side rear fender, also not that noticeable unless you're up close. and as for my arm. I refused to be the gimp center of attention on the cruise so I went against doctor's orders to wear a sling. You wouldn't have known it but my shoulder was killing me that day, I could barely lift my arm more than a few inches. Doc thought I might have a broken collar bone which after an x-ray thank God I didn't. It turned out to be a strained muscle. But man that's the most painful muscle strain I've ever had. I'm not quite back to a 100% today but at least I can move my arm, it just hurts like hell if I try to lift anything with it. And thanks everyone for the umm well wishes...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would gladly trade for the RS4 that car is HOT.

It's not the box, it's YOU!