"Bullying" at Scion Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default "Bullying" at Scion Night

Before I post my own thoughts and opinions, I think you should all read this article first: http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/10/knotts_scary_farm_guest_claim.php?page=2

There are so many things in this letter to knotts that are just plain ridiculous, it's really a shame that no one can take a joke in 2012...

1) Haunt has ALWAYS been a more risqué event. This year I watched the Magic show, and the magician made numerous jokes about people in the audience. No one was offended because there was no need to be, it was done in fun.

2) Monsters heckle guests. It's supposed to be that way. By this letters logic, the monsters should greet us with flowers and cookies...

3) Telling a monster he's rude because they joked about you being on a phone? Really?

4) I found the joke about it being Kia Soul night to be hilarious, perhaps someone is a bit oversensitive?

5) The only comment that was wrong was the one about Jenny Craig. That was out of line completely.

Perhaps next year this particular Scion owner should visit Mickey's Trick or Treat Party at Disneyland, she may find the cast members there to be less distasteful.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow-
Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you gotta be sh*ttin me...

there are some many things wrong with this letter. first she keeps calling out Knotts..when technically its not knotts and its employees...its Halloween Haunt and hired actors in costumes. of course a Knotts employee (or any employee for that matter) wouldn't so such things during normal operating hours. but this is Halloween Haunt where they are suppose to give you sh*t! if you don't like it don't go.

and on top of that...its not like it would only happen at Scion Night...it would happen at ANY Halloween Haunt

oh and the whole disney copout? i mean really? I'm a disney passholder myself i felt embarrassed reading this person trying to "promote disneyland over knotts" first like i said...its not bout the theme park, its the "Halloween theme event" they are hosting AFTER park hours. and pay a little more? WE DIDN'T PAY ANYTHING AT SCION NIGHT! $20 parking doesn't count nor does the $10 toy donation....unless she is expecting those back as a refund? sure let's go to the Marines and say we need this toy back because some lady got butt hurt over some jokes

maybe the person that wrote this letter is the infamous youtuber calling out "scion douche bags" sounds like the same M.O.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

knotts hires regular people to play the part of the monsters and it is all ran by knotts berry farm it is not subleted out to a different company to do halloween haunt
Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and this is why Scion events around the country are vanishing...
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Funny how she compared Knott's Halloween Haunt to Disneyland; they have two completely different target markets. She should have known what to expect setting foot in there because she stated that she's been there previously.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hundreds of thousands of happy scion owners and 1 retard... That should satisfy the board to be honest..
Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Huumm -- Maybe I'm older/wiser than I was years prior, but how is she wrong in her complaint? Has anyone else heard of someone being treated like this in prior years of the Haunt? Maybe this has happened before but no one has said anything. I don't live in Cali so I never have attended this, but to me if I payed good money to get into something like this and had "some employee" talk to my wife like that, I'd probably be on "Americas Most Wanted" because that person would have to have their head removed from their a$$!!!!! And no my wife is not "plus size". Sure I wasn't there to see what really happened, but a douche bag is a douche bag. I can't recall ever watching a "Horror movie" and having the "bad" monster/person saying your too fat. And to the dude with the "retard" remark, I take huge offense to this comment because I have a stepson that is disabled. Maybe you should walk in shoes. No you wouldn't want to walk in his shoes -- You couldn't do it!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^I'm just going to go off on my assumptions that she got in there for way less than the normal cost of an admission ticket and that she was causing a scene because she was drunk with her girlfriends. I respect your view but try reading the comments from that link because they give different perspective on what possibly happened rather than the story the woman wrote. It seems to me the majority of them agree that the woman is just humiliating herself by publicizing that ridiculous story. The actors are paid to harass, heckle, and scare the guests in order to set the spooky environment that they're known for. She obviously didn't know where she was stepping foot into or just happened to wake up on the wrong side of the bed that day.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Thanks mang - I did go back and reread what she had wrote and some of the responses/rants from left by other readers. I retract my prior statement siding in her favor. Pays to read the "whole" story. I guess the "r" word set me off.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by moonray
^^ Thanks mang - I did go back and reread what she had wrote and some of the responses/rants from left by other readers. I retract my prior statement siding in her favor. Pays to read the "whole" story. I guess the "r" word set me off.
Hahah it's no biggie. The story and the comments were actually pretty entertaining and humorous to read, so I thought I'd give my perspective on it.