Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

Omaha peeps

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like I am not going to make it to Sublime today. I got roped into playing volleyball with some people at the apartment. I definitely will make it out there next week after work one day. I will post when I know for sure.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I stopped in yesterday and met Jeremy. Real cool guy and a nice shop!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey im from lincoln and i was just looking to see what peeps are on here from this area. where is this sublime place in omaha? do they have a dyno there? anyways, im like the only TC i know of in this town thats boosted and its quite sad. i was looking to see if some of you peeps would like to get together sometime. i wish i knew a better shop to tune my FIC. i had The Shop Inc. here in town tune it but they didnt seem to even out the AFRs real well. runs rich as hell at full boost =[ .
Old 08-02-2010, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbod-tc
hey im from lincoln and i was just looking to see what peeps are on here from this area. where is this sublime place in omaha? do they have a dyno there? anyways, im like the only TC i know of in this town thats boosted and its quite sad. i was looking to see if some of you peeps would like to get together sometime. i wish i knew a better shop to tune my FIC. i had The Shop Inc. here in town tune it but they didnt seem to even out the AFRs real well. runs rich as hell at full boost =[ .
13438 L St. Omaha 68137
http://www.sstracing.com/

They have a dyno, but you will have to ask Jeremy as to what specific type it is. My schedule should be free in the late fall for hanging out. Currently, my weekends are packed full of track days, autocross, and rally cross.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by usc_ty
13438 L St. Omaha 68137

They have a dyno, but you will have to ask Jeremy as to what specific type it is. My schedule should be free in the late fall for hanging out. Currently, my weekends are packed full of track days, autocross, and rally cross.
nice thanks! id assume its a dyno jet. the place i went had a mustang dyno and i was surprised i put out good numbers on it while running 9-10 afr =/. ill have to give them a call sometime thanks again!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am also boosted. I have been since last September. Sublime has a mustang dyno. It's what they used to tune my car.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bsp_tc_06
I am also boosted. I have been since last September. Sublime has a mustang dyno. It's what they used to tune my car.
oh nice. what kind of numbers did you get? i managed to do 276whp/297wtq. =/. ive had my car turboed since march of 2008. got it dyno tuned by The Shop Inc. last summer.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put down 308whp/304wtq @11.5 lbs. I have dyno sheets in a post somewhere I think. I might just post some pics in here when I get home from work today. What kit do you run? I am running the Turbonetics kit on E85 with Hydra EMS at the moment. How does your car run on the FIC?

Last edited by bsp_tc_06; 08-02-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: add option
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wish i knew a better shop to tune my FIC. i had The Shop Inc. here in town tune it but they didnt seem to even out the AFRs real well. runs rich as hell at full boost =[ .
When you say FIC, are you referring to the AEM FIC? I am also curious to see how the car runs on this type of setup.

I put down 308whp/304wtq @11.5 lbs. I have dyno sheets in a post somewhere I think. I might just post some pics in here when I get home from work today. What kit do you run? I am running the Turbonetics kit on E85 with Hydra EMS at the moment. How does your car run on the FIC?
How do you like using E85? Do you notice a big difference between E85 and say 93/91 octane?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by usc_ty
When you say FIC, are you referring to the AEM FIC? I am also curious to see how the car runs on this type of setup.

Yes I am referring to the AEM. Which I have one laying around NIB if someone wants to buy it!

How do you like using E85? Do you notice a big difference between E85 and say 93/91 octane?
E85 takes a little longer to start in winter months. The car responds to the E85 very well under full boost though. Daily driving is fine. Plus its safer to run on the stock internals too. I have a lightweight flywheel and ACT clutch which is messing with my idle, but that doesn't have anything to do with E85 we don't think. I will be getting it tuned on pump gas here soon though since last winter was horrible.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-03-2010, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice! i dont know where my dyno sheets are. i just recently moved to the north side of town and i cant find anything lol. i did have my numbers posted up on a local forum here but i cant find the thread. well yes im running the aem fic, like i said The Shop Inc. did the best they could so they said to tune with it but i think they could have done better. i was running just 91 plus 100% methanol injection. ran 9-10 lbs boost. i could go for a better tune cause i took the meth kit out. still runs 9-10 afr[which i thought taking this out would even out better but no]. ive had no problems running what i got. oh i have the ___ dezod s1 kit. my header is cracked from wear as well as the downpipe. i cant complain for how much it was and what i use it for. ive put 20k+ on this kit and its still holding up. as of now its just parked casue i have no recent tags on it lol. ive decided i want to run a diff turbo set up but dont know which one yet. internal parts are my priority first as of now. i wouldnt mind gettting the block sleeved but im not shooting for over the top powa. i figured id get some K1 rods weisco pistons and im straight. yada yada.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I thought it looked like the s1 but wasn't sure. Cracked manifold and dp? Ouch. I don't have any plans to upgrade my internals. It's my only vehicle right now so I don't want to push it too much. I like the way my car runs now. Just gotta fix the idle issue. Which Sublime is waiting on my harness for the Haltech ECU so they can put that in and tune it to fix that issue and then I will be running on pump gas again.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice nice. my car needs alil more tender loving. i let my gf drive the car for over a year now and its not in its best condition=[. its just a daily car for the gf. im stuck driving the other beater lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe yeah sux its not in best condition. I will be driving my g/f's crown vic around here shortly when Sublime works on my car if that makes ya feel any better.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice nice. my car needs alil more tender loving. i let my gf drive the car for over a year now and its not in its best condition=[. its just a daily car for the gf. im stuck driving the other beater lol.
how did you get stuck with a beater and she gets the turbo'ed tC? did you run over her dog with the lawnmower or something and this is your punishment?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say anything.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha no im just a very generous boyfriend lol. plus shes prego and what not. its safer to drive the scion than our 91 amigo. lol. when i met her she had a vehicle but she got rearended, lost that car. she got the amigo but she hated driving it. i let her drive the scion prior to this. then when winter came last year i just let her drive it. its been in a few incidents. shes SUPPOSE to help pay for what needs to be fixed but who knows. lol. i feel bad for my car but in the end its just a car. =[. she hasnt let me down yet! but im fixing her up and getting more stuff for her and its gonna be garaged. =].
Old 08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pregnant and driving a turbo tC? Thats awesome! But yeah totally understandable on the vehicle situation though. Oh that reminds me, I need to get a garage here soon before all of them are taken in my apartment complex.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pregnant and driving a turbo tC? Thats awesome! But yeah totally understandable on the vehicle situation though. Oh that reminds me, I need to get a garage here soon before all of them are taken in my apartment complex.
yeah our beater/commuter car has no A/C so i was like no way in hell she gonna drive it. well if all goes ill have tags on it friday after work. then ill be able to enjoy driving it once again. ill finally get to drive it this summer! lol. oh do any of you guys have a stock front bumper by chance and stock hood? if so let me know asap thanks

Quick Reply: Omaha peeps