Notices
Scion FR-S Owner's Lounge
Scion FR-S Forum - The Scion sport coupe

Car won't shift out of park after trying to install new tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member

Default Car won't shift out of park after trying to install new tail lights

So for Christmas I ordered some after market tail lights online. I got them Christmas Day and installed them myself and the installation was a breeze. After I installed them they wouldn't work except for the turn signal and I couldn't shift my car out of park. I have a 2015 Frs and I tried replacing the tail light fuse and one other fuse and the car still wouldn't shift out of drive. I put my stock tail lights in thinking it would fix the problem but I still couldn't shift out of park and the abs light came on and the stock lights wouldn't work either. I took it into Scion and they told me they had to order a part and replaced the fuse for the brake lights. They told me putting in after market tail lights shouldn't cause this problem. So they said I could try it again. I just tried two hours ago and am having the same problem where I can't shift out of park and the tail lights don't work and the abs light is on again. I even unplugged the battery this time like the guy at Scion told me to do. I don't have time to take it into Scion and I'm tired of not having so much trouble with such an easy installation. Any idea what to do or any way I can fix it on my own without taking it in?
Old 01-10-2016, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like the taillights aren't wired right and they are blowing your fuses.