Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Aftermarket Headlights for Scion TC 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:15 PM

Default Aftermarket Headlights for Scion TC 2006

Hi,

I own a Scion TC 2006, and the headlights are really faded. I did a headlight restoration but didn't quite work out as I wanted them to be. I have been exploring aftermarket headlights for quite some time now, and I've read about how they are not good and have leaks in them that burns them out in a few weeks.

So my question is companies like Spyder and Spec D - are they really that bad? Also how's the fitting? Do they sit snug and tight or is there a gap here and there between the bumper and the headlights?

I apologize if I'm asking this again, but I've not read anywhere anyone specifically saying brands like Sypder and Spec D are bad it's just the generic statement that aftermarket lights are bad. Also, if I get one I'll probably go with the Halo Projector LED lights.

I really don't wanna spend money and the effort in installing them just so see them burn out in weeks. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2016, 10:44 PM

you can
1 go to a junk yard and get yourself the same ones or get lucky and get aftermarket ones
2 buy aftermarkets spyder are pretty dope never hear them fail i mean some have malfunction but they fit just right same with spec-D
personally im goona get me spyders because the led strip is under the projector all other are in the corner and looks weird to me
Old 05-11-2016, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by radium
Hi,

I own a Scion TC 2006, and the headlights are really faded. I did a headlight restoration but didn't quite work out as I wanted them to be. I have been exploring aftermarket headlights for quite some time now, and I've read about how they are not good and have leaks in them that burns them out in a few weeks.

So my question is companies like Spyder and Spec D - are they really that bad? Also how's the fitting? Do they sit snug and tight or is there a gap here and there between the bumper and the headlights?

I apologize if I'm asking this again, but I've not read anywhere anyone specifically saying brands like Sypder and Spec D are bad it's just the generic statement that aftermarket lights are bad. Also, if I get one I'll probably go with the Halo Projector LED lights.

I really don't wanna spend money and the effort in installing them just so see them burn out in weeks. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Check these. I have no experiance with them so I can't give any feedback on them, but worth a look.
Scion TC Exterior Accessories