Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Dezod Catted Header Group Buy Interest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by JNasty
Paul does that mean their is no chance for another GB for the TC1 cause im interested in getting one and it seems like some other people are down too
We would require at minimum 10 units to be sold for it to be worth our while.

Originally Posted by scion86
Do you know what kinda gasket it needs to fit the invidia. And what about Megan does that one need a different gasket

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
I don't have a specific part number or anything.

I don't know about Megan. Sorry.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone else interest in getting a group buy together? im in if theres at least 9 others
Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JNasty
anyone else interest in getting a group buy together? im in if theres at least 9 others
I'd be down. If we do get 10 people.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Count me in if there is a new group buy. Coming back from deployment and would like some new goodies for my baby. I can't wait to be back on American soil again. All the way, AIRBORNE!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. JNasty
2. toyotaguy
3. xdejablu3x
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What would the stipulations be for this group buy outside of 10 people needing to purchase even to qualify? The same as the first one?

Either way, I think I would be in on this if the price is right! I have heard/read great things!

Last edited by TotalChaos; 09-24-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SOOOOO....no one is interesting in this group buy?!?!? Everyone involved in the last group buy got one at the special price and no one is left wanting to save a little cash and get a great product (based on reviews)? If you want to try to get a group buy, please show your support!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:33 AM

Man I loved this header. It's a shame my cat blew out after about 6k miles on it and I had to replace it with my stock one again. Now all I'm left with is a $500 sculpture of steel tubes and a blown cat sitting on my garage floor ha. Make sure ya'll keep that warranty card!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, that sucks. What happened to the cat? How did it blow out? Also, warranty card? I mean, the header has been out since February or so. I assume you talked with Dezod about this predicament. Glad you like it though. It has gotten great reviews.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:53 PM

I'm not quite sure what caused it, but when I noticed the CEL and the unbearable rasp I was starting to hear from the car I took the cat off and it was completely gutted. I emailed Dezod and they said they couldn't do anything for me seeing as I didn't have the warranty card for the cat anymore :\. After a couple more emails I stopped hearing from them so I just said whatever and now it's sitting in my garage.

Here is a picture of what greeted me when I took off my header. Sure did explain the rasp and CEL

Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^The company just stopped emailing you back? Not professional at all. Maybe I'll reconsider putting my name on the group buy list.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:44 PM

Well when I was in contact with them they were extremely helpful. They asked for a bunch of pictures of the header and once I sent them the pictures I didn't hear from them again.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion2010
Man I loved this header. It's a shame my cat blew out after about 6k miles on it and I had to replace it with my stock one again. Now all I'm left with is a $500 sculpture of steel tubes and a blown cat sitting on my garage floor ha. Make sure ya'll keep that warranty card!!!!
I'm not quite sure what caused it, but when I noticed the CEL and the unbearable rasp I was starting to hear from the car I took the cat off and it was completely gutted. I emailed Dezod and they said they couldn't do anything for me seeing as I didn't have the warranty card for the cat anymore :\. After a couple more emails I stopped hearing from them so I just said whatever and now it's sitting in my garage.

Here is a picture of what greeted me when I took off my header. Sure did explain the rasp and CEL

Originally Posted by toyotaguy
^The company just stopped emailing you back? Not professional at all. Maybe I'll reconsider putting my name on the group buy list.
Well when I was in contact with them they were extremely helpful. They asked for a bunch of pictures of the header and once I sent them the pictures I didn't hear from them again.
Wait just a minute. I recall this....I sent you back an email with your options. One, you can pay for the cost of a new cat to be fabbed back into place (around $100) OR you can pay to get a new header. I never heard back from you after that. It is not our fault you did not fill out and send in the warranty card for the cat. Nor is it out fault that you did not contact us to ask what it was if you where unsure how to handle the warranty card. The first time we heard from you was about the cat failure.

So please, let's keep this factual. Thank you. We respond to EVERY email that is sent positive or negative. That is how we roll.

Furthermore, we have seen about 2-3 failures on the cat side of things and the common thread was heat wrap on the header thus far.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:56 PM

You are correct, it was $85 plus shipping both ways, i should have included that in my previous comments. Your customer service was quite fantastic and i apologize for the way I portrayed it earlier. I did respond back though with several photos of the header that you guys asked for and that's when all communication ceased.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You are correct, it was $85 plus shipping both ways, i should have included that in my previous comments. Your customer service was quite fantastic and i apologize for the way I portrayed it earlier. I did respond back though with several photos of the header that you guys asked for and that's when all communication ceased.
I did not receive them then. Feel free to resend them to me.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:21 PM

I resent the photos in another email. If you can't view or don't receive them I can post them on a medium such as photobucket. Also I did not have my header wrapped at any point.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I resent the photos in another email. If you can't view or don't receive them I can post them on a medium such as photobucket. Also I did not have my header wrapped at any point.
Ok. I will be on the look out for them.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Got the photos. Where there any power adders (S/C) on the car?

Substrate became disconnected from the can. This would only happen if raw fuel was dumped into the exhaust. That would dissolve the braze that holds it into the can which would have to exceed 2000F.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This group buy sparks my attention no promises but I might be down
Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM

@BrokenTusk, my car was N/A.

Quick Reply: Dezod Catted Header Group Buy Interest?