Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

N/A Tunning tips/Ideas (engine management )

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, max got torn apart by the end of that one... Just so everyone gets it straight those ARE my numbers from the dyno. My motor ended up having three beers poured into my head/no gravel. A solid three oil changes and some much needed time with "buddys" girlfriend that friday things were put back to normal.

Not a fan of people thinking I'm bullin so I'll post up that much needed video here tonight. Just so people can see the tc is still alive. Once the ems is installed the world will get the, much needed, dyno video and bury this damn hatchet. I WILL show you a 230whp na tc by the end of this one, pre nitrous.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by natc07
Man, max got torn apart by the end of that one... Just so everyone gets it straight those ARE my numbers from the dyno. My motor ended up having three beers poured into my head/no gravel. A solid three oil changes and some much needed time with "buddys" girlfriend that friday things were put back to normal.

Not a fan of people thinking I'm bullin so I'll post up that much needed video here tonight. Just so people can see the tc is still alive. Once the ems is installed the world will get the, much needed, dyno video and bury this damn hatchet. I WILL show you a 230whp na tc by the end of this one, pre nitrous.
I didn't read it all. I just remembered that video and found the original thread with the build in it.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BOOM!! VIDEOS!!!! It is real

Here's a quick little over view of the motor:

And here's an idea of my issues and the noise that descendant manifold makes
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No worries wolf pack!! I just remember how all that went down on me and max's home forum (502ss)... Things got weird to say the least...

PS in the vids above my tc is currently running an oem axle back (court ordered)... Since apparently straight pipes on a NA tc ____es people off more than the kids with jacked up trucks with stacks here in Kentucky. Had to get that off my chest, but hey enjoy the videos!!!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You cant advance timing with the FIC its only for F/I applications.......
Old 10-03-2012, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Money has been saved and EMS will be on her way soon!!! Next week kinda soon fyi.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by natc07
Money has been saved and EMS will be on her way soon!!! Next week kinda soon fyi.
Really looking forward to see what your tc does with a proper tune Good
luck
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Updates?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well now it has been a while since I put anything up here and I have good news for all of you!

First and foremost I finally have the FIC working properly in the tc. I am basically only using it to adjust my fuel maps and the maf percentages (gauging how much air is getting into the cylinders) since I am running the rx8 (70mm) throttle body and a custom built descendant racing intake manifold (which looks and performs just lovely) many many thanks to the guys out there for their work marring their tc intake to my rx8 tb. Little bit of a rough idle but some fine tuning is a definite must here after my next little endeavor.

What's next on the list:
I have looked into the AEM infinity or an EMS system but for the money spent on the systems I have already and for my application. I don't see it being all that feasible with what I have already invested. I really only need the ability to advance my cam timing from them. CamCon has a controller which only costs (I want to say) about 300 bucks and will do everything I need. I am going to email them here this firday once I'm off work to get a little more information about their system and how easy of an install this little guy is.

PS: If anyone knows of someone looking to part ways with a borla or trd cat back and whiling to ship. SEND THEM MY WAY PLEASE!!! I have the points off my license from my old straight pipes and am ready to get some classy noise in my life!!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just did a bit of reading and I'm kinda dumbfounded.. It says I need to hook up to an unmodified ecu.. If I'm running the FIC it sounds like I'm not going to have a bad time. I could pull the fic out completely and see what happens? Something tells that's going to be an even worse time or completely perfect. Just looking for a second opinion here; I'm no professional when it comes to tuning.

http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/US...on-english.pdf
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please please post a dyno chart.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Consider getting a professional tune. My mostly stock tc was dangerously lean with IM and rx-8 tb. It now idles like stock and runs smoother than it did stock. With all the benefits of super responsive throttle.