Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPIracing Stage 1 Short block

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and this is why i am going to UTI in arizona
Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ignitionr34
3500 msrp not bad.... this would actually sell to people who don't want to or don't have enough knowledge to build the block themselves...
My whole point exactly...alot of mommies and daddies are gonna be making payments on a car w/ a roasted block thats just sitting in the driveway...or better yet, the kids struggling enough w/ the car payment cause they werent as lucky as others to have a car handed to them and then they are the ones paying for a car and cant afford to fix the motor

You start messing w/ the motor once, you become a slave to it forever thats all Im gonna say
Old 10-27-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
You start messing w/ the motor once, you become a slave to it forever thats all Im gonna say

Old 10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC

Preach on mother f'er. Made that mistake before and dont want to do it EVER again
Old 10-28-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Theres a time and place for that...its called a 2nd car...not the car most of us are making payments on still...theres a difference between slapping on a lil boost and opening up the block and messing w/ internals...either way you are gonna become a slave to that motor, but at least the turbo is bolt on.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This phrase should be stickied in all the power hungry forums so when the newbs come in and dont know what the hell they are doing maybe they could look at this and think about spending $3500 on a body kit, a million tv's and a decent system instead.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why are you guys bustin their chops on their post? They just said what they were building and selling. It appears they even were parting out if asked.

As for people cracking open their blocks....yea, many are going to down the road. Some one has to do it first. It appears to be ZPI. Cool, we get first hand results.

As for being a slave to your car......uh, just posting on here kinda makes a payment towards that sickness Really tho, who would even consider many of these mods without some kind of knowledge of what is involved later. If someone is going this route, they either are doing it themselves.....or....having a turnkey done.

Why, when I was a kid, building your engine did mean another block.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is this an upgrade I see the mighty ScionDad performing?

Don't forget the tech article. :D

Hey ZPI, any estimates or dynos of the 11:1CR N/A block?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Why are you guys bustin their chops on their post? They just said what they were building and selling. It appears they even were parting out if asked.

As for people cracking open their blocks....yea, many are going to down the road. Some one has to do it first. It appears to be ZPI. Cool, we get first hand results.

As for being a slave to your car......uh, just posting on here kinda makes a payment towards that sickness Really tho, who would even consider many of these mods without some kind of knowledge of what is involved later. If someone is going this route, they either are doing it themselves.....or....having a turnkey done.

Why, when I was a kid, building your engine did mean another block.
I gotta agree w/ you and disagree w/ you on some parts. The problem here is that all these kids are gonna see that they can do this type of upgrade and chances are half of them dont know what the hell its really gonna do for them, and the other half have no idea on how to do an engine swap, nevermind just installing new pistons. Everyone is gonna go out and buy it cause some company just says its gonna be good?? If your not gonna do the installs yourself and your gonna pay someone to do it for ya, more power to you. Just dont get ____ed off when something happens and you sit there going...**** I just spent $3500 for nothing but headaches. Like I said, they could sell it for however much they want, more power to them, its just sad that it seems that everyone jumps on a bandwagon because its the newest fad...first it was a turbo, now this.
When I was a kid(still am), building your engine didnt mean spending $3500 for a new bottom end and pistons...you buy a new short block for a complete rebuild of the internals. Who cares who did it first, it doesnt really mean much other than they can charge whatever they feel like charging cause nobody has done it yet...give it a few months and Im sure that price will be drastically reduced...I cant wait to get into work tomm and see what a shorty is gonna cost me from my parts dept.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

an 11:1 CR!?!?!?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ohh and for the record Sciondad, Im not really trying to bust anyones *****, Im merely trying to install some wisdom into some of these youngsters before they get themselves way in over their head, and lefts face it...we were all stubborn when we were young and regret some things that we have done in the past...it was all in the learning experience that makes you what you are today, but just go and F$%k up an old beater instead of your $20,000 car(surely after a few mods it will be close to 20gs) unless you really know what your doind or got the paper stacked in the bank to get yourself out of a jam.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thats the N/A piston setup...boost is around 8.5:1 I think they said in the beginning post.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohh and for the record Sciondad, Im not really trying to bust anyones *****, Im merely trying to install some wisdom into some of these youngsters before they get themselves way in over their head, and lefts face it...we were all stubborn when we were young and regret some things that we have done in the past...it was all in the learning experience that makes you what you are today, but just go and F$%k up an old beater instead of your $20,000 car(surely after a few mods it will be close to 20gs) unless you really know what your doind or got the paper stacked in the bank to get yourself out of a jam.
youngsters ? hey man, i know my fair share of knowledge of cars lol
Old 10-28-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats the N/A piston setup...boost is around 8.5:1 I think they said in the beginning post.
our stock motor is what 9:6:1? i would kill to have 8:5:1.

OK maybe $3500 isnt TOOOOO bad

my apologies to ZPI if i came across rude....im still getting the turbo
Old 10-28-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey they just said they were making em... dont tell em why they shouldnt...

If people wanna buy it they will. Leve it alone.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

youngsters ? hey man, i know my fair share of knowledge of cars lol
wasnt aimed at you ...hell, Im only 23 but my first car was a 71' Nova 350/350(everything done by me and my father) that I still have but needs some front end work( I have a fresh front clip sitting in my backyard just dont have the time)and I have slowly progressed towards imports over the years as well. If your hanging out in the Power Hungry forums, I really hope you would know a lil bit about motors, or at least be in there to learn from the guys that do...the problem is that more and more these guys arent really here to learn, but instead see what the big guys are doing to their motors and try to duplicate them and dont know the first thing to do when something goes wrong...
Old 10-28-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

our stock motor is what 9:6:1? i would kill to have 8:5:1.

OK maybe $3500 isnt TOOOOO bad

my apologies to ZPI if i came across rude....im still getting the turbo
all you need is the pistons, you dont need the block for that buddy
Old 10-28-2005, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, just go pistons..should be way cheaper, and you dont need the extra block..
Old 10-28-2005, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally I think $3500 is a lot of money, but I would be willing to spend it if there is no other cheaper alternative. I’m really new when it comes to cars and working on them. I didn’t start wanting to learn until I made my first car purchase, my scion. Ideally I would love to learn to work on my engine, but for right now I don’t have the time or experience. And ZPI coming out with a short block with forged pistons is perfect for a guy like me.

Anyways, stop giving the people at ZPI a hard time about the price; they are trying their hardest to reach out to the scion community in offering products before anyone else. And the price they get the stock block for is $2700, I would say $800 sounds about right when it comes to manufacturing the forged pistons, labor and whatever else they have to do. And they did mention they would sell just the pistons. So it works out for the people who would on their own motors.

Also, if you can find a new or used short block for a tC at suitable price for you, I’m sure you can ship it to ZPI and they’ll modify the short block for at a reasonable price.

ZPI KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know i dont need a block! geeeezeeeeeeeeeeeee

whoknows....maybe they might bring it down

Quick Reply: ZPIracing Stage 1 Short block