Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Any blown motors from F/I? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/any-blown-motors-f-i-59613/)

msdbsptc 05-20-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
On topic

The only tC motor I've seen blow on f/I was pushing 500+whp on a stock block. So, to answer your question, for others on low PSI, I have yet to see any blown motors. (I'm not sure if Munch blew his motor. I thought he just bought another one for the purpose of building it?)

wow he jus bought another one? how much are new 2AZ motors or did he get one out of a camry or somethin?

pollup 05-20-2006 08:40 PM

another example of how stupid va police are. under that geo was a purple set of neons. i got pulled over and threatened to go to jail if i didnt turn them off and disconnect them since purple apparently is impersonating a police officer. i found this kinda stranage since blue and red are their colors, so im not sure if the ahole was f'ing with me or being serious. wasnt gonna findout so i unhooked them with the quickness.

TurboCustomz 05-21-2006 12:25 AM

On topic

The only tC motor I've seen blow on f/I was pushing 500+whp on a stock block. So, to answer your question, for others on low PSI, I have yet to see any blown motors. (I'm not sure if Munch blew his motor. I thought he just bought another one for the purpose of building it?)

What stock block tc has made 500whp?

rhythmnsmoke 05-21-2006 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz

On topic

Originally Posted by msdbsptc
wow he jus bought another one? how much are new 2AZ motors or did he get one out of a camry or somethin?

ZPI racing's Silver tC was near the 500whp mark (not on a 16G by the way). They had some turbo pistons in it, and that was it. When it blew, he was going down the 1320, and still managed a 12.3 with like a trap speed somewhere between 117-120mph. It's ZPI racing, so they can afford to push the stock block and blow it to test the limits, as I'm sure they have about 10 or so more engines laying around the shop... :rofl: (Now only if I can get my hands on one, and do a built motor with it and swap over our turbo kit to the built one... :evil:)

pollup 05-21-2006 01:50 PM

yeah they do have a bunch of motors laying around the shop, ones that they are trying to improve..

TurboCustomz 05-21-2006 04:44 PM

On topic

ZPI racing's Silver tC was near the 500whp mark (not on a 16G by the way). They had some turbo pistons in it, and that was it. When it blew, he was going down the 1320, and still managed a 12.3 with like a trap speed somewhere between 117-120mph. It's ZPI racing, so they can afford to push the stock block and blow it to test the limits, as I'm sure they have about 10 or so more engines laying around the shop... :rofl: (Now only if I can get my hands on one, and do a built motor with it and swap over our turbo kit to the built one... :evil:)

A, you said 500 * + * whp which obviously implies more then that.
B. you said *stock block* which an engine with "turbo pistons" is not.
C. I want to see a dyno sheet otherwise I call B.S.

I dont doubt that its not possible to make 500 HP with a stock sleeved block. I definatly say its not possible with a 16G (which you just clarified that it wasn't) and I see anyone having a very hard time making it on a log manifold and the stock ecu in place.

Besides, even with a trap speed of 120mph in a 3100 pound car, theoretically you would still only be hovering in the 418 whp range, which is much more do-able.

pollup 05-21-2006 05:21 PM

well i dont know numbers of those motors i just know they had alot to play with! lol

rhythmnsmoke 05-21-2006 06:02 PM

On topic

A, you said 500 * + * whp which obviously implies more then that.
B. you said *stock block* which an engine with "turbo pistons" is not.
C. I want to see a dyno sheet otherwise I call B.S.

I dont doubt that its not possible to make 500 HP with a stock sleeved block. I definatly say its not possible with a 16G (which you just clarified that it wasn't) and I see anyone having a very hard time making it on a log manifold and the stock ecu in place.

Besides, even with a trap speed of 120mph in a 3100 pound car, theoretically you would still only be hovering in the 418 whp range, which is much more do-able.

If there wasn't a critic everytime someone posted something, this wouldn't be ScionLife..:yawn:

TurboCustomz 05-21-2006 06:48 PM

lol, if there wasn't a critic then everyone would be driving around 500whp stock block tc's.

hunterUnknown 05-21-2006 06:55 PM

rhythmnsmoke , agreed. its amazing isnt it? :]

tC9o9 05-21-2006 06:56 PM

didnt like world descent or something like that blow their motor and then send to zpi to fix?

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
didnt like world descent or something like that blow their motor and then send to zpi to fix?

LOL...That's a first. Naw, I don't think it was WD. Let's see, we have

2 ScionSpeed kitted people who took their car to ZPI because of problems (one blew I believe, and ZPI fixed it)

Matssi had the Dezod kit, and ran into problems, so he rolled down to ZPI to get work on and re-tuned.

BuddatC also had the Dezod kit, and the last time I checked, he was shipping his car down to ZPI also.

lol, if there wasn't a critic then everyone would be driving around 500whp stock block tc's.

You mean if there wasn't for Haters then everyone would be driving around 500whp stock block tC's....Pardon "turbo pistoned" stock block tC's.

bboyizzy 05-22-2006 01:32 AM

tc motors can take alot of punishment thought its the trainys that have issues sometimes

zer0 05-22-2006 01:33 AM

WD isnt even out yet...Rado has the only one.

TurboCustomz 05-22-2006 11:53 AM

2 ScionSpeed kitted people who took their car to ZPI because of problems (one blew I believe, and ZPI fixed it)

Matssi had the Dezod kit, and ran into problems, so he rolled down to ZPI to get work on and re-tuned.

BuddatC also had the Dezod kit, and the last time I checked, he was shipping his car down to ZPI also.

You mean if there wasn't for Haters then everyone would be driving around 500whp stock block tC's....Pardon "turbo pistoned" stock block tC's.

Dude, an engine with aftermarket pistons in it is not a "stock block". It might have a stock block but at that points its prolly not even the stock bore.

I guess I can say I have a stock block since I only have aftermarket rods, pistons, studs, ect? I mean, afterall, the block itself came from toyota in these cars.

Call me a critic if you want, because thats exactly what im being. Your post will lead someone to believe that their bone stock tc can make 500+ whp without changing anything.

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 11:58 AM

Dude, an engine with aftermarket pistons in it is not a "stock block". It might have a stock block but at that points its prolly not even the stock bore.

I guess I can say I have a stock block since I only have aftermarket rods, pistons, studs, ect? I mean, afterall, the block itself came from toyota in these cars.

Call me a critic if you want, because thats exactly what im being. Your post will lead someone to believe that their bone stock tc can make 500+ whp without changing anything.

How can it be misleading when I said it had turbo pistons in it? One mod, in my book dosen't constatute a "built" motor. If it's not a stock block because it has turbo pistons in it, then what do you call it? Cause it's for sure not a built motor.

msdbsptc 05-22-2006 02:13 PM

its in the middle lol :rofl:
anyway 500hp on stocksleeves and only pistons...pretty incredible. I dont think anyyone expected that from a 2AZ.

Stu_Gotti 05-22-2006 02:29 PM

You'd be suprised..

Munch 05-22-2006 02:48 PM

How can it be misleading when I said it had turbo pistons in it? One mod, in my book dosen't constatute a "built" motor. If it's not a stock block because it has turbo pistons in it, then what do you call it? Cause it's for sure not a built motor.

It's sure not stock :rofl: Can I call my motor stock :lalala:

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Munch

It's sure not stock :rofl: Can I call my motor stock :lalala:

It's sure not built :rofl: Can I call my motor built :lalala: