Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Any blown motors from F/I? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/any-blown-motors-f-i-59613/)

Munch 05-22-2006 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Originally Posted by Munch

How can it be misleading when I said it had turbo pistons in it? One mod, in my book dosen't constatute a "built" motor. If it's not a stock block because it has turbo pistons in it, then what do you call it? Cause it's for sure not a built motor.

It's sure not stock :rofl: Can I call my motor stock :lalala:

It's sure not built :rofl: Can I call my motor built :lalala:

Anytime you change a component INSIDE the motor. It is no longer stock. Get that through your head already bro. It's simple :doh:

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 03:21 PM

How can it be misleading when I said it had turbo pistons in it? One mod, in my book dosen't constatute a "built" motor. If it's not a stock block because it has turbo pistons in it, then what do you call it? Cause it's for sure not a built motor.

It's sure not stock :rofl: Can I call my motor stock :lalala:

It's sure not built :rofl: Can I call my motor built :lalala:

Anytime you change a component INSIDE the motor. It is no longer stock. Get that through your head already bro. It's simple :doh:

:yawn:

TurboCustomz 05-22-2006 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by msdbsptc
its in the middle lol :rofl:
anyway 500hp on stocksleeves and only pistons...pretty incredible. I dont think anyyone expected that from a 2AZ.

Rythmn,

Above is a prime example of what im talking about. They didnt make 500 wheel horsepower. Plain and simple. Your original post clearly stated "ZPI Racing made 500+whp on the stock block". How is that NOT misleading. Had you said stock sleeves, or "with pistons only" then it would have been clear. Not to mention that 500whp is only YOUR speculation and in my opinion completely off.

Im not trying to argue with you but I dont want someone getting on here and reading some inaccurate information and thinking they can turn their boost up to 15lbs and make big power on the stock block because of something they assume to be true.

If I put aftermarket valves in my head can I call it a stock head? No. If I use an genuine MHI turbo can I say I have a stock turbo tC? Nope. I think you get my point.

Fact: no one has made 500+whp on a stock sleeved block yet. If they have, please show me.

Munch 05-22-2006 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz

anyway 500hp on stocksleeves and only pistons...pretty incredible. I dont think anyyone expected that from a 2AZ.

Rythmn,

Above is a prime example of what im talking about. They didnt make 500 wheel horsepower. Plain and simple. Your original post clearly stated "ZPI Racing made 500+whp on the stock block". How is that NOT misleading. Had you said stock sleeves, or "with pistons only" then it would have been clear. Not to mention that 500whp is only YOUR speculation and in my opinion completely off.

Im not trying to argue with you but I dont want someone getting on here and reading some inaccurate information and thinking they can turn their boost up to 15lbs and make big power on the stock block because of something they assume to be true.

If I put aftermarket valves in my head can I call it a stock head? No. If I use an genuine MHI turbo can I say I have a stock turbo tC? Nope. I think you get my point.

Fact: no one has made 500+whp on a stock sleeved block yet. If they have, please show me.

He will never get your point, because he listens to whatever his step daddy tells him. Because he knows nothing about it himself :rofl:

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 03:59 PM

Rythmn,

He will never get your point, because he listens to whatever his step daddy tells him. Because he knows nothing about it himself :rofl:

You will never get a Clue, cause you listen to your mommy telling you when you can come out and play or not. Isn't it past your bed time?

Munch 05-22-2006 04:04 PM

:rofl: :rofl: 33 years old here bro, with my own house and 3 kids. I haven't lived with my mother since I was 16. I bet you can't relate to that one though. Also what the hell does that have to do with the thread. Don't go trying to change the subject because you're backed into a wall with no way out :rofl: :rofl:

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 04:04 PM

Rythmn,

If you can read, then you have enough brain power to know not to try that at home.. :doh: I said it had Turbo Pistons in it for the Umpteenth time. And isn't it YOUR speculation to say it WASN'T at the 500wph mark? If you aren't smart enough to read and know that it was a Company who has the ability to make an engine expendable, and dosen't care if they blow it up, then you shouldn't be boosted anyway.

Fact: It was in the 500whp area.

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 04:14 PM

:rofl: :rofl: 33 years old here bro, with my own house and 3 kids. I haven't lived with my mother since I was 16. I bet you can't relate to that one though. Also what the hell does that have to do with the thread. Don't go trying to change the subject because you're backed into a wall with no way out :rofl: :rofl:

Dude, I'm 26yrs old. Been out of College and working in my profession for the past 4yrs. Graduated with a Degree in M.I.S, and I work for a prominent software security compay called BlackLab Security Systems, Inc. http://www.blacklabsecurity.com/ What does age have to do with the fact that you act immature? Yeah, your 33 - 30 = 3yrs old. You always have to make a personal snide/comment attacking someones character.. :doh: With the money you spending on modding your car, I sure hope those 3 kids of yours have their College Funds all taken care of. :question:

DouBLeJ16 05-22-2006 04:17 PM

Besides, even with a trap speed of 120mph in a 3100 pound car, theoretically you would still only be hovering in the 418 whp range, which is much more do-able.

The new C6 z06 traps around 120-123mph, weighs about 3,100lbs. and has about 470-480whp.

Joe_Dezod 05-22-2006 04:19 PM

Ahh the joys of Scion Life...

Regardless of where one of our customers go, we always reccommend a dyno tune. That's exactly what our customers did. ZPI installed a boost controller and leaned out the tune a little bit, that was it. We always suggest getting a tune for your exact car and do not have a problem with our customer meeting with ZPI to get a tune worked out. We simply do not have a dyno shop of our own, and only use a local one way up in NH which is pretty far away from most of you guys. So yeah, our guys got tuned at ZPI, but that's understandable. An original tune is always the way to go.

Back on topic...
7-10psi is fine on a stock tC for daily driving. The best things you can do is get a good tune (11.5AFR or so) and pull some ignition timing back to help prevent detonation. Once past 10psi the motor doesn't explode/implode, but the piston rings start to wear out. The pistons are the weakest link on this car.

So yeah, 7-10psi (aka 220-280whp) is fine for a DD tC. Make sure you upgrade your clutch, and some Denso Ik22s are both great to have.

GL.

Munch 05-22-2006 04:33 PM

Dude, I'm 26yrs old. Been out of College and working in my profession for the past 4yrs. Graduated with a Degree in M.I.S, and I work for a prominent software security compay called BlackLab Security Systems, Inc. http://www.blacklabsecurity.com/ What does age have to do with the fact that you act immature? Yeah, your 33 - 30 = 3yrs old. You always have to make a personal snide/comment attacking someones character.. :doh: With the money you spending on modding your car, I sure hope those 3 kids of yours have their College Funds all taken care of. :question:

With the money me and my wife have set away for us and them. They will have no problems in that area. We make waaay to much money to have to worry about anything right now :P . Like I said KEEP BACKPEDALING :rofl: :rofl: Now back on topic as said by Dezod :lalala:

Joe_Dezod 05-22-2006 04:37 PM

Thanks Munch haha...

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

Regardless of where one of our customers go, we always reccommend a dyno tune. That's exactly what our customers did. ZPI installed a boost controller and leaned out the tune a little bit, that was it. We always suggest getting a tune for your exact car and do not have a problem with our customer meeting with ZPI to get a tune worked out. We simply do not have a dyno shop of our own, and only use a local one way up in NH which is pretty far away from most of you guys. So yeah, our guys got tuned at ZPI, but that's understandable. An original tune is always the way to go.

Back on topic...
7-10psi is fine on a stock tC for daily driving. The best things you can do is get a good tune (11.5AFR or so) and pull some ignition timing back to help prevent detonation. Once past 10psi the motor doesn't explode/implode, but the piston rings start to wear out. The pistons are the weakest link on this car.

So yeah, 7-10psi (aka 220-280whp) is fine for a DD tC. Make sure you upgrade your clutch, and some Denso Ik22s are both great to have.

GL.

Just to let you know I wasn't implying anything by my comment.

Stu_Gotti 05-22-2006 04:41 PM

Lets keep this arguement/debate over proper verbage in PM's please and not on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with someones personal background :)

rhythmnsmoke 05-22-2006 04:42 PM

With the money me and my wife have set away for us and them. They will have no problems in that area. We make waaay to much money to have to worry about anything right now :P . Like I said KEEP BACKPEDALING :rofl: :rofl: Now back on topic as said by Dezod :lalala:

Backpedaling....riiiiiigggghhhtttt.. :blah:

msdbsptc 05-22-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

Back on topic...

GL.

Thanks Joe good info.

BlkSandPrlTurbotC 05-22-2006 06:00 PM

I think we should add Munch to "The Blacklist"

Simplyscion 05-22-2006 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
I think we should add Munch to "The Blacklist"

why cause he doesnt take sh!t from that friend of yours that half of his posts are useless and wont go away like a bad hemmroid?
Come on rythm every single post you have made since you got a turbo has been as useless as tits on a bull bro...enjoy the boost and keep your innacurate info to the local TN boards.
Munch can talk all the sh!t he wants because unlike most others on here, he has been there and done it with this car.

DouBLeJ16 05-22-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Come on rythm every single post you have made since you got a turbo has been as useless as tits on a bull bro...enjoy the boost and keep your innacurate info to the local TN boards.
Munch can talk all the sh!t he wants because unlike most others on here, he has been there and done it with this car.

+1

pollup 05-22-2006 06:10 PM

how about everyone get back on topic and stop taking stabs at each other. all of these so called "grown adults" and were making references to mothers and fathers. grow up