Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Custom Supercharger Shafts !

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing new yet, they are still waiting on the material. I'll update periodically and as soon as I find out anything new.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

any news and hows urs holding up
Old 03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine is doing great! After i changed the idler pulley bearings that were shot, and retightened all of my s/c bolts and loctited them, it sounds/feels like new.

I decided officially this morning that I'm moving shaft production to a different shop! The old shop is giving me the run around and I am trying to get you guys your shafts asap. Luckily i have not paid them yet and I have all of the cad drawings so its just a matter or taking it all to a different place. The old shop suddenly wanted more money and they got really interested in what the shafts were for all of the sudden.

The new shop is http://www.bartechprecision.com/ I'm hoping these guys can do it in 2 weeks as they have the material needed on hand.

Feel free to check out the website, this shop is much better, I have talked with the owner directly and I am confident everyone will get a shaft soon. Again I'd like to apologize for any delays, but I am doing all I can at this point.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka
I am confident everyone will get a shaft soon.

Sorry it just sounded hillarious to me.

Back to our regular scheduled program ^^

Would it be possible to get a sound clip of the car idling? preferrably from the engine bay.

Just curious thats it.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ippskidder
I am confident everyone will get a shaft soon.

Sorry it just sounded hillarious to me.

Back to our regular scheduled program ^^

Would it be possible to get a sound clip of the car idling? preferrably from the engine bay.

Just curious thats it.
I'll get one made, probably won't be till the weekend though. Humor is always appreciated ;) now that I read it again it does sound funny
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

any news on the new company
Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm driving down there tomorrow with the cad drawings and the original shaft to explain things. Its about a 30 min drive. I'll find out more then and update everyone. Hopefully they will be able to make these quick.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

cool good deal. so what happens if they dont? do u have a back up plan
Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by goodguy889
cool good deal. so what happens if they dont? do u have a back up plan
I have talked with them on the phone already, they will make the shafts, just have to find out how soon and explain everything to them. This shop is owned by my brothers good friends older brother, so things should go smoothly, the shop has a good rep. The other place was getting greedy, i think they were trying to steal the shafts and sell them on their own, but i never revealed to them what car they were for.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm driving down there tomorrow with the cad drawings and the original shaft to explain things. Its about a 30 min drive. I'll find out more then and update everyone. Hopefully they will be able to make these quick.
any updates on when you can get the shafts made up?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

any news?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys sorry for the delay I have finals going on and its nuts. Went to the shop delivered the old shaft, cad drawing, and bearings. They should be on schedule to make the shafts in 2 weeks. Hopefully there will be no more delays and i can get these things to you guys. Man, i feel sympathy for guys like Todd at TT cause when things don't go your way it sucks. I hate making you guys wait, but its out of my control. Thank you to everyone for their patience.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you gompka
Old 03-10-2009, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Make sure they don't gyp you on the steel their using. Ask to see the Certification of Material if they're special ordering that funky steel.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etli
Make sure they don't gyp you on the steel their using. Ask to see the Certification of Material if they're special ordering that funky steel.
they are good people. They have all of the certification and this time im dealing directly with the shop and not through another peson like before.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

waiting
Old 03-13-2009, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by streettimetc
waiting
I have finals this week, don't have a chance to go find out more. They will notify me if anything changes but so far so good. I'll have more info Thursday. Thanks again for your patience everyone. Getting custom stuff done isn't easy!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The stock shaft was tested for hardness today and althought it was a little low they told me it should have held up. So the main problems here that attribute to the bearing/shaft failure is that the shaft is too small for the bearings it is a slide-on fit rather than press on like it should be, that explains why the shaft spun inside the bearings. Also it isn't balanced which isn't good either. The new shaft will be somewhat harder yes, but that turned out not to be a major problem anyway. So think of it as a bonus. I wasn't able to get a hold of the owner today again to get a price so i'll shot for tomarrow morning
Hey Gompka, I copied this response you did back in Dec / Nov of 08 from another thread.

Are you sure the two bearings close together on the shaft are supposed to be a press on fit and not a slide on fit? Hmm, nm, I guess they are supposed to be press-on since they are supposed to hold the shaft in a tight repeatable location relative to the axis of rotation.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etli
The stock shaft was tested for hardness today and althought it was a little low they told me it should have held up. So the main problems here that attribute to the bearing/shaft failure is that the shaft is too small for the bearings it is a slide-on fit rather than press on like it should be, that explains why the shaft spun inside the bearings. Also it isn't balanced which isn't good either. The new shaft will be somewhat harder yes, but that turned out not to be a major problem anyway. So think of it as a bonus. I wasn't able to get a hold of the owner today again to get a price so i'll shot for tomarrow morning
Hey Gompka, I copied this response you did back in Dec / Nov of 08 from another thread.

Are you sure the two bearings close together on the shaft are supposed to be a press on fit and not a slide on fit? Hmm, nm, I guess they are supposed to be press-on since they are supposed to hold the shaft in a tight repeatable location relative to the axis of rotation.
yes it had to be pressed, think about it this way. The bearings are supposed to spin, the shaft needs to be pressed into the bearing in such a way so that it does not spin itself inside of the bearing. Thats why peoples shafts are getting damaged when the bearings lock up. The bearings are a way to get the shaft to spin in the housing without wearing down the housing or the shaft. I will have an update on the shafts soon. Last final on wednesday and then i'm gonna take a drive to the shop and give everyone a final delivery date. Hold tight guys couple more weeks and everyone should have their shafts!

Quick Reply: Custom Supercharger Shafts !