Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

NFS "SHIFT 2" Launch PartY in SoCaL

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
any updates travis?
Haven't had a chance to try out the settings yet. I've been busy trying to find a new employer so its been calls from recruiters on a daily basis.

I will say that the default settings are hog-wash. Whomever thought it was a great idea to send the game out with this setting should have their positioned filled by someone else. Drifting with the DS3 is practically impossible to do.

Shift 1 did not have this issue. Out the box you played with the DS3 just fine. I will try and get some controller time this evening and report back.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
I got it to where AWD cars are manageable. If I have a back wheel drive car, I cant go anywhere near the throttle.
Even with the decrease in throttle sensitivity?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

So, some further tweaking of the settings allowed me to finally DRIVE the cars. I have steering sensitivity set to Zero. Throttle sensitivity is set to about 60%, and the Brake sensitivity about 45%.

Couple of other things to note is the Helmet Cam. It's cool idea, however I don't know anyone who is going to like this view that's using a DS3 controller. The head movement is so Over exaggerated that it makes controlling the car impractical. It's like freaking bobble head and it's like your neck is made out of a rubber band. The helmet view causes you to saw at the wheel a lot. I can see my opinion changing or it being different using one of the Wheels (G27, 911 GT2..etc.). But for DS3....Helmet cam SUCKS...imo.

Glad they left the standard cockpit view there and didn't replace it with the Helmet cam view.

Other little things...Damage system "visually" is AWESOME. But the "mechanical" damage could use a little harder setting. You are more apt to smash your body all to pieces yet the car continues to drive in a straight line reasonably.

Something I thought was rather dumb was one of the challenges you have to drive an Aston Martin. I was watching the replay and one camera angle switched to the interior and you could see the outside mirror sorta flapping due to wind. I thought to myself....when have you ever seen a side mirror flap/flex due to wind? My tC's mirrors don't even do that at 120+mph, you expect me to think an Aston Martin's mirrors are so cheap that they flex up and down because you are doing triple digit speeds? Well hell, remind me to never buy a James Bond car...
Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, just got this game for the 360, add me if your interested in playing. xbox id: mrkikaz