Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: turbo you would choose
ptuning
66.06%
dezod
20.18%
descendant
16.51%
greddy
7.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

ptuning....turbo kit, etc.... DYNO SHEET pg.39

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My turbonetics kit has great fit and finish! I can't complain one bit about that. Power? There are better routes to higher HP numbers but I'm not in a pi$$ing contest with anyone over that. I just want fun reliable power. The PTuning kit seems to offer it in a nicer looking package than most upper end kits. Their kits come with the WG, turbo, manifold, and downpipe pre-assembled. I'm no band-wagon fan because Dezod makes great kits for people like me. I was un-aware of all my options when I got impatient with choosing a turbo kit. Otherwise, I would probably ended up with a Dezod or a PTuning.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Only thing that i don't like about Ptuning kit right now is that it looks to only have an external dump (some of us guys prefer recirc). Also that it runs a tial BOV. Myself, i'm kinda biased against this particular bov. If ptuning could change these 2 for me (minor modifications), then i'd be on deck for ptuning.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
I commented on people who dont know about other turbo kits..I was not referring to people who have a deep amount of knowledge on turbos and who can fully appreciate certain turbo setups. For example, there are 27 people who voted for Ptuning yet there are less then 23 people who commented in this thread. Point is there are a lot of blind followers.
Lol, that's a given, it's the internet =p

Personally, I hate these kinds of threads. What's the best intake? What's the best set of coilovers? What's the best turbo? Unless you've tried them all, or even more than one, you can't say. All you can do is provide your own opinion about your kit, that doesn't make it comprehensive though...

I don't understand why people are putting more into P-tuning than the Descendant kit. I'm not sure if the tuner kit is close to the same as the one being run in Rado's tC, but come on, they've been giving AWD and RWD cars the business for years now. If the kit would have been ready back when I decided to go turbo almost two years ago, I'd have gone with them.

I do like the fact that P-tuning is come out with SO MANY parts for the tC, and I do feel better getting everything from one company rather than mixing and matching.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
That's not the turbo.
That deff looks like the hot side of the turbo that's rusted.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

zz

Last edited by game-over; 09-17-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Only thing that i don't like about Ptuning kit right now is that it looks to only have an external dump (some of us guys prefer recirc). Also that it runs a tial BOV. Myself, i'm kinda biased against this particular bov. If ptuning could change these 2 for me (minor modifications), then i'd be on deck for ptuning.
They said if there was enough demand for a recirc'd dump, they would make it. And that's the same BOV they use on their Time Attack car, so it's a track proven product. TiAL makes by far, the best wastegate on the market, so I'm sure their BOV is good.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tial BOV is the ish. I have one. Only reason not to like it is if you dont like atmospheric BOV noise.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

as someone who is not boosted, and is tempted on a daily basis to enter my CC numbers and just buy a damm kit already, id have to say Descendant and Ptuning are neck and neck in my book

simply put, they are both track proven (both use their respective manifolds on the track and both are beating records and winning races left and right) they both are essentially one-stop shops (turbo kits, intake manifolds, exhausts, etc etc) both have great fitment (i kinda like the use of the stock airbox to keep temps down and keep the engine bay clean and stock looking) and both have pre-tuned setups where you could literally plug in and go about boosting!

right now Descendant is in the top of my list simply because of the price difference ($600 that could go to guages or a clutch)

but honestly, just get the kit that would best suit your needs,all 3 are standup companies that i would not hesitate to trust with my hard earned money!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Function over form is 1st priority in mind when developing this kit. A recirculating dump is not the best choice for making power, even if it is 5 whp more. Also The Tial BOV has 6 ports, one of those ports is equivalent to the expelling capacity of a HKS BOV for example. You will never see a high boost race car with a HKS, it will have a Tial.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08_Scion_tC
That deff looks like the hot side of the turbo that's rusted.
That is the turbine exhaust gas outlet, the hottest place on the exhaust.

That area is going to rust unless you put a turbo blanket over the exhaust outlet. Even if you put a blanket over it, over time it will still look like garbage, Factory turbo'd cars are the exact same way.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

watching and saving monies. Man York,Pa is gonna be a mad house full of turbo tc's lol.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

zz

Old 09-04-2009, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

We need a giant meet to run each other and compare LOL
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

zz

Old 09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im' ready for that!! =D
Old 09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I wanna know what your numbers are at higher PSI master tech I cant wait, to finish up the stock motor power project and turn mine up to 14 with the meth and hopefully the Ptuning management....
Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

zz

Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i'm at 12.5 psi now, hopefully whenever me n mike (elevationtc) set up a dyno day we can post up some numbers...i'm really interested to see how much i'm putting down myself!!! yesterday i took a family member out for a ride, his first time in my car...i explained to him everything about the Ptuning kit and how much i paid for it and he said wow that was a lot of money, almost too much! so after that i took him for a 2 minute joy ride, him holding on for life from what it looked like lol when we got out the car, he went hysterical!! like he just won the lottery!! LOL "WOW OMG HOLY ****!! DAYUM!!! THAT THING IS FAST!!!" and on and on lol he said it was worth it, not only the power, but the looks too. =)
Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Is there anyone in SL with a descendant kit? I wanna see one up and running, dyno and all
Old 09-04-2009, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crazyedie19
Man York,Pa is gonna be a mad house full of turbo tc's lol.
Wouldn't want it any other way lol.

Quick Reply: ptuning....turbo kit, etc.... DYNO SHEET pg.39