Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbotoytas simple kit+GT3071R (vid p 12, final results p 31)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Geoff = good people. Hope to order my steering wheel and quick release combo from him soon, as well as my other stuff.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
anyone local have a dezod kit? then we can do a 4 way run with 4 diff kit if Zac get the decendant one...

mo ive decided to go dezod...so.....it can happen......it can happen very soon
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by youngflyer
actually, funny you asked, there is saurab and G who have a silver tc, kaminari body kit and, a dezod s1 kit putting down 29? something on the ptuning dyno dynamics! he lives of clopper and sheafer road. His car is redic fast!

there 3 different silver turbo kaminari tcs in our are zach......theres the dezod one...the greddy one.....and the zpi stage lighting super fast *
Old 09-14-2009, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what? who are the other two. i only know of one silver turbo tc?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!! waiting around all day, UPS finally delivered it! it is sooo beautiful! i can't wait for it to get installed on monday! this is the happiest day of my life, probably soon to be the second happiest day once everything is installed and i'm driving the car around!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
oh!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!! waiting around all day, UPS finally delivered it! it is sooo beautiful! i can't wait for it to get installed on monday! this is the happiest day of my life, probably soon to be the second happiest day once everything is installed and i'm driving the car around!

congrats man, youll love it 10x more than s/c boost especially when ur just cruising and boost just starts to take the car on a ride of its own
Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i wonder how well cruise control will work with a turbo...trys to just apply alittle throttle and boom! it takes off!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i wonder how well cruise control will work with a turbo...trys to just apply alittle throttle and boom! it takes off!

lol nah on that size turbo youll be fine....now its when ur ar is in the .48 section that u gotta worry or a 16g lol i had a .48 at one point and cruise control hit full boost and was no where near the right speed.....but when i went with a bigger turbo .63 ar...the cruise control was perfect
Old 09-18-2009, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's miller time! LOL
Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All these people getting turbos installed, makes me sad! But good luck and enjoy!!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's miller time! LOL

.........so jealous oh well ill bee boosted again soon maybe we can all meet up some time n hit up a track we all live within 15 mins from each other....
Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good. You coming out to Cecil county in October? you definitely come out, and show off the new kit. You gotta beat me and my slow auto with a small turbo with your awesomness.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't think so, i wanna get a solid 1000 miles of break-in driving on the turbo before i start opening up the throttle.

i attribute part of my supercharger's reliability to my solid 1000 mile break-in.

500 miles of short shifting, followed by 500 miles of slowly approaching redline in 1st and 2nd gear to make sure the everything is humming nicely at all rpms. then i gotta get comfortible with the cars new characteristics and such. i'm very cautious about how i handle the car after new parts have been installed. would rather deduce that something is working properly by gradually probing the new parameters rather than finding out in the middle of a high risk manuever.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't think so, i wanna get a solid 1000 miles of break-in driving on the turbo before i start opening up the throttle.

i attribute part of my supercharger's reliability to my solid 1000 mile break-in.

500 miles of short shifting, followed by 500 miles of slowly approaching redline in 1st and 2nd gear to make sure the everything is humming nicely at all rpms. then i gotta get comfortible with the cars new characteristics and such. i'm very cautious about how i handle the car after new parts have been installed. would rather deduce that something is working properly by gradually probing the new parameters rather than finding out in the middle of a high risk manuever.

sounds like a good idea but turbo break in is over rated and for the record the break in period that people sometimes speak of is 500 miles...ill tell u i had ebay turbos that i dogged after 3 miles and lasted me as long as ive had em....

not saying go beat the turbo but dont sit there for 1000 miles trying break it in...i say hit about 5psi everyday for 500 miles and turbo time ever drive...then after 500 miles ur good to go...i mean the second u go to get tuned they beat the living ____ outta your car and well when u get it installe dat a shop and tuned they take no time to break it in because the break in period of a turbo is fake...the seocnd u turn the car on the turbo is spinning at 10k rpms lol unlike the s/c so it kidna breaks itsself in
Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, but it also gives me time to study my guages and see what is normal and such. make sure the wastegate doesn't get stuck or i have a boost going up over 10 psi etc. make sure oil pressure is steady, watch the air intake temps etc.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

hey drax if your intrested i may have an el mani thats supposed to be a direct replacement for the log on the simple kit. I got it a while back and let a friend barrow it, he ended up not boosting so its never been used.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah drax, i dont think you have to be strict with 1000miles, you need to try and hit boost even for a lil bit, make sure all install is good like vac lines, oil lines, couplers and clamps are tight and the rest is good.. that way you will be good to tune. but yeah you can take it easy though, just hit a lil boost for testing
Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i'll be pretty broke for a while getting the turbo wrapped up, but the main reason i chose the simple log manifold over the EL tubular manifold was because of the kaminari cf hood i have, had to make sure i had clearance to close the hood and not melt the cowl.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, and i'm sure there will be a few times in that break-in period where i gotta merge with traffic or something that i'll have to let some of the horses gallop. but for the most part my commute to the gym and work everyday are pretty relaxed in terms of traffic congestion and mostly rural backroads so i can take it slow and easy or drive it like i stole it everyday, so i might as well go easy on it.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

well, i'll be pretty broke for a while getting the turbo wrapped up, but the main reason i chose the simple log manifold over the EL tubular manifold was because of the kaminari cf hood i have, had to make sure i had clearance to close the hood and not melt the cowl.
this one should work except for the fact that you have a carbon fiber hood...it may discolor the hood a bit but thats also why i make hood heat shields...lol...

but i hear ya, just thought id throw that out there...good luck with the build and looking forward to some track slips and dyno sheets.

Quick Reply: turbotoytas simple kit+GT3071R (vid p 12, final results p 31)