Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

* tC : Gauge Cluster LED Conversion Guide by LEDmod.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 01:31 AM

Hey guys question, I'm going to attempt to swap out the instrument panel on my moms scion for a Christmas present and found this post super helpful but I have a question that I keep coming across. I understand that you need 7 of the 331 Resistors, 2 of the 471 Resistors and approximately 30 LED's. My question is this. Is the actual speedometer gauge painted orange - meaning would I need to swap this out too so the lights will shine through or is it okay to proceed with just the lights and the stock gauge???
Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lv2XLR8
Hey guys question, I'm going to attempt to swap out the instrument panel on my moms scion for a Christmas present and found this post super helpful but I have a question that I keep coming across. I understand that you need 7 of the 331 Resistors, 2 of the 471 Resistors and approximately 30 LED's. My question is this. Is the actual speedometer gauge painted orange - meaning would I need to swap this out too so the lights will shine through or is it okay to proceed with just the lights and the stock gauge???
no the gauges are not orange, its just the LEDs that are in there. once you replace them with whatever color you choose, thats all you will see
Old 12-05-2018, 12:16 PM

Awesome thanks man! Appreciate it, just ordered the LED's. Where is a good place to buy the Resistors? The link above doesnt seem to work and I cant find them anywhere else?
Old 01-28-2022, 11:05 AM

Default Still doing this?

Is anybody still doing this mod, and willing to do it for money? I think I could do it myself, as it just seems like simple soldering. It's been a long while since I've done anything like this though, and I'm having trouble getting the time to even plan to do it. I'm looking to have the multiple color effect on the speedo and HVAC panel. I ordered 50 bright white LED's already because the price was good, if I can find someone, I'm going to order a 100 pack, 20 each various color led after ensuring the output is high enough, I'll order another speedo cluster and HVAC and test then to ensure they're operational. If you're willing let me know a price, what all is needed (do I need to supply the LED or do you prefer to get your own), an estimate on time, and any other details please. I'm in no way rich, that's another reason I haven't done it yet, but I understand it's not the easiest job in the world, but also not too difficult aldo. Iknow I'm very late in doing this, but I got the car a few months ago and I'm slowly but surely trying to work on it. I already picked up the factory TRD exhaust for a good price, need to get it to the dealership to have them test for the oil burn recall which I know I have. I did a little delivery driving in the Scion for a short period and I was putting a few quarts in every 1.5k miles or so. If you're willing please let me know. I don't trust or know of any shops in my area to check with, so I'm trying to rely on forums and trusted members.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mganhs
Is anybody still doing this mod, and willing to do it for money? I think I could do it myself, as it just seems like simple soldering. It's been a long while since I've done anything like this though, and I'm having trouble getting the time to even plan to do it. I'm looking to have the multiple color effect on the speedo and HVAC panel. I ordered 50 bright white LED's already because the price was good, if I can find someone, I'm going to order a 100 pack, 20 each various color led after ensuring the output is high enough, I'll order another speedo cluster and HVAC and test then to ensure they're operational. If you're willing let me know a price, what all is needed (do I need to supply the LED or do you prefer to get your own), an estimate on time, and any other details please. I'm in no way rich, that's another reason I haven't done it yet, but I understand it's not the easiest job in the world, but also not too difficult aldo. Iknow I'm very late in doing this, but I got the car a few months ago and I'm slowly but surely trying to work on it. I already picked up the factory TRD exhaust for a good price, need to get it to the dealership to have them test for the oil burn recall which I know I have. I did a little delivery driving in the Scion for a short period and I was putting a few quarts in every 1.5k miles or so. If you're willing please let me know. I don't trust or know of any shops in my area to check with, so I'm trying to rely on forums and trusted members.
I could do it..

Old 11-17-2023, 04:54 PM

Default 2006 Scion TC

Do you do the LED service? If so how much?