Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

AC Control Unit/SRS Indicator Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 03:23 PM

Default AC Control Unit/SRS Indicator Light Issue

Having a funny issue that started last week after I pushed the switch for my fog lights into the dashboard. The fog lights are wired to an isolated circuit I ran off the battery, not tapped into any other circuits of the car. I did have the Illumination package that was installed by Scion in the car since I bought it. I am not positive what circuit they tapped into, but the wires are in the direct area where the switch went in. I will be tracing that today after work to make sure connections are solid still and checking my electric manual for the circuit they are tapped into.

I have noticed on 4 separate occasions now, 2 times when starting the car and 2 times while driving with a passenger, that the AC Control Unit remains off/turns itself off as if the car was not actually on and will not respond to any buttons. It comes back online after a few minutes, yesterday took almost 15. When this happens, I hear the relay click in the dashboard as if the AC was turned on/off but it simultaneously triggers the Airbag Deployed indication light also. The indicator goes off when the car is restarted. Of course by the time I got home and to my reader, the code is not triggered.

Has anyone here experienced any related issues between the AC Control Unit and SRS system? I know the AC Control monitors the passenger Airbag on/off and am under the impression that when this kicks into an off state while the car is running, it is triggering the Airbag Deployed indicator?
Old 05-16-2023, 04:01 PM

Traced the wire for the illumination enough to determine it was not impacted by the switch being put in the dashboard. The connections for the illumination switch are all secure, and the circuit they spliced into is not in that area, but leads to the center console. Being as I had the console apart to vinyl it this past winter, I know it is leading to the 12v Power Plug.

Yesterday, the AC Control Unit worked in the morning when it was around 60*, but as soon as it started getting hot out and the sun was beating into the car, the AC control did not switch on with the car, nor did it come back on at all until this morning, again when it was around 60*. The entire time that it wouldn't turn on, the Air Bag Sensor was on due to the car not getting input from the Passenger On/Off sensor. As soon as the AC Control came back online this morning, the Air Bag Sensor shut off. I did notice the car not starting as smoothly either at least twice when this has happened.

I was reading other posts on different forums of people mentioning similar issues being caused by the starter, but the electric issues described aren't just isolated to the AC/SRS but almost every system in the car (Windows, Radio, Lights, Horn, etc.).

Any input on the AC Control Units breaking or issues caused by bad starters would be appreciated.