Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

AMP/Subwoofer Help, Please!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default AMP/Subwoofer Help, Please!

So i've been working on installing my subwoofer and my amp for nearly 8 hours in the blistering 100 degree texas heat. Here is my setup:

Pioneer T1806 (OEM)
Scosche LOC-80 Line Out Converter
Cerwin Vega-104 300 Watt RMS
Rockford Fosgate 55.2 Amp

I hooked up some 16g speaker wire from the rear speakers (I took the panels off and hooked them up directly from the speaker harness) to the line out converter.

I then ran a 4g power wire from the battery to the amp.

I grounded the amp on a bolt just behind the rear drivers side seat (this location had two bolts). I made sure to scrape off any paint on there so as to get a good connection

I then hooked up the LOC to the amp via RCA's. Then I ran a cable from the Left Positive post on the amp to the positive terminal on the sub. Then I ran the negative cable from the right negative terminal on the amp to the negative terminal on the sub.

I hooked up the remote wire from the amp to the positive terminal on the front cigarette lighter.

***Here is the problem***

The amp LED turns on showing that it has power, only the subwoofer isn't getting any signal. I don't have a volt meter to test the terminals for signal (I plan to go to Best Buy or Fry's if I can't get it fixed). The Rockford Fosgate pamphlet shows that if the LED is on, then the amp HAS power.

Could the problem be that the amp cannot power the subwoofer? According to the manual it says that when bridged, it can produce 240 watts. Even though it's not the RMS, it should still send a signal to the subwoofer shouldn't it?

For any questions regarding LOC connections, I have tried running the cables from the harness to the back and connecting the LOC in the back as well as connecting the LOC directly to the harness and running RCA's to the back. Neither of which worked out.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

are you sure the amp is bridgeable? try hooking up the subwoofer to just one side of the amp and see if it works.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The AMP manual I downloaded from the manu. website says it IS bridgeable as well as all the websites that sell the amp. I'll try running just one side and see how it goes.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, I tried your way and still didn't work. So I got curious about the sub and opened it up to find out my friend disconnected the wires on the inside of the box. *SMH*

So once I connected that, now the amp won't turn on....one problem after another.