Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

custom 12 white led rear dome light & custom led kick li

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default custom 12 white led rear dome light & custom led kick li

well, this is my first thread w/ the new car thus meaning my first mod/s.. so i just wanted to take this time to introduce myself.. i am obsessed w/ led's and am a hardcore DIY guy.. i dont spend $ on anything that i can build/do myself.. i normaly woulda done some exterior mods, but this thing came w/ everything.. little background of it..lip kit and spoiler, 18" eneki's (sp), heated leather, white led guages, grill, full suspension, supercharger, door sills, blue illumination (way lame). i put in 5 led white 194's in the headlights, blue ones in the dome lights, and 7 color underbody kit, and yeah..

this weekend i made a led underdash bar cause i am totaly against seeing the tube from led's or neons.. so, since this came w/ the lame a$$ blue factory led acrylic rods, i had to ditch those and put in my own led tubes w/ some crappy 5mm's i had laying round.. i used the led tube connector so i can dissconect them when i want and they are a direct bolt into the existing "blue illumination" wiring harness.. as well as i wanted the rear dome to match the front white one, and i have never seen a festoon that was actualy worth seeing a man naked for so i made my own w/ 12 superflux white led's.. they are wired into the factory wiring and operate the same as the factory one did.. they are pretty bright.. they are on the cheaper side, but still, i am impressed... they are in the housing so it looks stock when inside..

on the list to do is using the same white superflux led's, im gonna drill them into the grill insert that is in the sides and bottom of the front bumper.. prolly lookin at two rows of 4 per side.. but i drilled all the way through one side so i had to order one from toyota.. do'h..

enough of that pointless garbage, here's the picts.. the work is lacking final finess, but i get anxious and i forget about astetics.. you'll have that.. feel free to flame as i dont care.. LOL

[/img]
Old 06-06-2006, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

omg looks hella nice. Im just wondering is there a website that teaches u how to set up those led lights? cause I want to do the same.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ea very nice job. iwould definetly be intrested in doing that to my car.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice dome bro
whered u get the leather and how much
Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^thanks.. dude b4 me had the dealership do it.. heated too!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats awesome i want that. i wonder what it run. any idea if youll be able to write up a tech blog on how you did the leds
?