Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

HELP! Reverse Lockout?

Old 08-24-2018, 06:47 PM

Default HELP! Reverse Lockout?

Looking to get a custom shift **** for my 05 Scion tC and we're just not sure if I have a Reverse Lockout or not.

It's my first stick shift so I had to look up what it even meant when they asked. Anything helps.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-24-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:35 PM
SL Member

Most newer cars have a reverse lockout so you cannot accidentally shift into reverse, but this isn't an issue in regards to a **** for the 1G tC and it has a basic 5 speed transmission (no moving parts that fit up into the shift **** like on the tC2).
You should be able to use just about any **** on that car as long as it fits the thread pitch.

The tC2+ (2011-2016) has a Reverse Lockout feature where you have to pull a lockout tab up and then move it over a shift gate to engage reverse gear. This is part of 6-speed transmissions, but on your 5-speed you should be fine to just throw a new **** on.

I will say though that in my experience, universal-fit ***** that have the set screws feel flimsy and loosen up all the time. You'll want to go with something properly threaded if you can afford it.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-25-2018 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.