Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

THE tC iPod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:42 PM
SL Member

Nice! Yeah I just want to make sure i'll be able to control it through my steering wheel audio controls and the unit.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:53 PM

OK, so I just got a tC the day before thanksgiving and am trying to get my iPod touch (2nd gen) to work with the stereo system. When I plug it in, the stereo detects it, but it won't charge and it won't play off of it. I am currently futzing with my iPod to see if I can get it to work.

Anyone know if the 3.1.2 firmware on the ipod works with the tC?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Recently I began to experience a problem with my ipod playback. I at first thought that it was my ipod because the problem would persist even after disconnecting it from my (09 tC, Pioneer Premium H.U.). I almost bought a new ipod, but tried a few troubleshooting things. I restored my ipod, reconnected it to my car, the problem persisted. Then i restored it again, and just listened to headphones. I went a few hours without a single problem. I'm beginning to wonder if my car is the problem. Unfortunately, the noise that I'm hearing is indescribable. It blocks out all of the music, and almost resembles somebody (poorly) scratching records... a very bad dj in training.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody has a solution. I'm going to do one more test to verify that it is in fact my car rather than my ipod.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does newer ipods not work with the 06 Pioneer system. It seems like the newer ipod dosent read off of the aux cable in arm rest

any input?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Can anybody around the Dc Metro Region do a Gage customazation . i live in maryland please message me if you are willing to do the job
Old 05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member

Angry '07 Pioneer iPod unit won't play nice with newer iPods

I have an '07 tC with the factory Pioneer iPod unit. I've noticed that the newer the iPod, the worse things get! I'm using the factory cable to connect the iPod (not aux) and using the HU controls to control the iPod.

With my old 1st gen iPod Nano, no problems.

With my iPod Classic (bought in '08 I think), sometimes I get an "iPod Comm. Error" message on the HU, and sometimes the iPod controls act a bit glitchy (wrong song name displayed, just a number instead of track name, etc.) - but in general, it does work most of the time.

But with my iPod Touch (bought a year ago), things hardly work at all. The HU controls are really glitchy and laggy, to the point where it's really not worth even trying.

So... I want to fix this. Scion chat support told me there's no firmware update for the HU (but they also deny there are any problems with any iPods).

Can anyone tell me if there really *is* a firmware update that will fix this?

And/or can anyone tell me if there's a newer aftermarket stereo (presumably Pioneer) that I can install instead, that will work with the steering wheel controls and the (not aux) iPod cable, and will show track names, allow playlist selection etc., and will work with newer iPods?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM

Default question

i have an 07 scion tc and i have the ipod hookup in my armrest...but i dont know if i have the right head unit....any help would appreciated
Old 06-12-2010, 01:04 AM
SL Member

i need some help

i just replaced in my 07 tc one of these HU's with one of these HU's out of an 09 tc... now my aux isn't working. all i did was plug everything in the same ports it does have an extra port on the back but i suspect that is for the ipod connector, cd player works fine with everything else don't know whats wrong. tho the turn signal did briefly turn on when i was pressing some buttons on it...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 PM

"
With my iPod Classic (bought in '08 I think), sometimes I get an "iPod Comm. Error" message on the HU, and sometimes the iPod controls act a bit glitchy (wrong song name displayed, just a number instead of track name, etc.) - but in general, it does work most of the time.
I'm having the same issue with my iphone 3GS plugged in. It use to work fine, but over the last few months has many issues with finding tracks, starting over, not bringing up playlists, etc. Now it just display's "ipod comm error" and doesn't connect. I have no issues connecting the iphone to any other product, and my ipod nano plugs in and works just fine.

Any ideas? I was considering buying the scoschi passport adapter to see if that might help, but I don't want to waste $30 if it won't help the problem.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 AM

Default iPod's for 2005 tC

Thank you so much for posting this!! I just bought my first iPod and checked scion.com for compatibility before buying it - wasn't until I already purchased my iPod that I found out the '05 models didn't have the iPod capability built in. Looks like my best, most affordable option would be #2: the PIE TOY03-AUX Adapter or USASpec DF-TOY Adapter. Thank you so much for this post - didn't have to search forever for an answer to my question!

Thanks!
Julie
'05 tC owner since 2006 - love my tC!!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:14 AM

Default Urgent...

I'm looking at a 2009 TC with 2k miles on it for $11k. The car has the standard radio installed in it with an AUX iPod Jack... If I removed the stock radio and replaced it with the premium radio that has an ipod cable on it, will that work?

Or maybe it's easier just to replace the current radio with an aftermarket radio like Alpine, ect.? if you go with an aftermarket radio, what happens to the aux jack in the center console?

Last edited by marker227; 08-15-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 AM
SL Member

I am going to be replacing my head unit tomorrow so I haven't seen the back of the stock one... but I am sure you can plug the aux into a new head unit as most of them have a place for aux in the back. There is always a way to make it work
Old 09-04-2010, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

This is great info from a NON-COMMERCIAL & UNBIASED SCOURCE!!!! This thread is a great resource for this site!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(Might be even better in the Tech/DIY section, though, with a short pointer post here telling folks where to find it.)
Old 10-19-2010, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are the iPod interface cables that work with the 1806 1808 and 1809 radios.
All you need is the cable I think. On ebay, this store sells 3 cables for it but can anyone tell me what the difference is because I don't know which one to get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scion-xB-xA-xD-t...item4cf274bc70

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scion-Pioneer-Ra...item5adcdbfc35

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scion-Pioneer-Ra...item4cf24ad266
Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone know of any HUs with a decent iPod interface that also allows for song ratings? I've yet to find one.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

so im upgrading my stock 05 head unit for an upgraded 2008-2010 pioneer premium unit, do i need a cable to connect my ipod to it???? what cable?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

X2^^^ same question here! i got the premium HU off my friends '08 xB and have part number: PT546-21062. i have a '06 tC, where can i get part number: PT546-21061??? i've already bought those $10 iPod cables off ebay and they dont work good... sound comes out really low quality. someone please help!

thanks!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Hi, I just got a red 2005 tC special edition. It doesn't have an iPod connection or Satellite or the changer.

I happened on scionlife.com as reference for things I am looking up about this car.

Would you know if any other mp3 players work as the iPod works with one of these conversion units? I mean, not just getting sound from the player to the speakers, but I mean seeing the information and stuff. I have a zuneHD and would like to be able to use it in the car!

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member

Default Premium Pioneer T1809 iPod wires

I have a 2005 tc and just put a 2009 T1809 Pioneer Radio in. There is no iPod cables in the harness. Can I get these somewhere? Any help would be great.
Thanks
Bobby

Quick Reply: THE tC iPod Thread