Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

THE tC iPod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ack154
Here's an interesting option for those with just AUX inputs (05 or 06 models).

http://www.tentechnology.com/product...exibledock.php

Looks like a nice dock with a line out and charges the iPod. There are a few of these flexible dock holders out there (mostly with an FM transmitter), but none with such a clean look and decent connection. I might pick up one of these to replace my Belkin Tundok cup holder thing. And the way the tC's lighter socket is, it would be a good place to plug that in and just run a wire right back into the cubby hole and up to the radio.
That does look like a great option... I have an 06 w/o the ipod stereo and just use the AUX line in the center armrest, which works fine except i don't like the placement i have of the iPOD- can't see it when I need to navigate, and i've got wires coming out of the armrest (plus it doesn't charge sitting there.

Did you get this and install it? Got any pics? I'd be on it in a second if there was a non-PIMA way to wire the 3.5mm plug up inside the cubby.. .and it didn't look like junk.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No... don't have it yet. It's one of those things that's "on my list" that I'd like to have but need to spend my money elsewhere right now.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

noob question, i did not see this in the options area for an O5. would this be all that i need to connect my ipod? its like $40 cheaper than the usa spec and the other one. http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...&usereferrer=1
Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ I think that it "should" but often the OEM Scion radios don't have all the same connections as a regular Pioneer receiver. You should probably verify with the company that it will work with the OEM Scion radios first.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^well, i just got an email from them, and no it will not work. o well it was cheap anyway.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member

I have the iPod stereo on my 06 and i like it, but the only thing is i have over 1000 songs and it takes forever to pick a song because the scrolling goes so slow, is there a faster way to scroll through the artist/song/etc. or am i out of luck?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tylerwashere
I have the iPod stereo on my 06 and i like it, but the only thing is i have over 1000 songs and it takes forever to pick a song because the scrolling goes so slow, is there a faster way to scroll through the artist/song/etc. or am i out of luck?
Playlists.

Scott
Old 05-12-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ipod video thingy and flip/indashes. I'm starting my info gathering,.... stumbled into this thread, but still searching
Old 05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PrettyniceB
ipod video thingy and flip/indashes. I'm starting my info gathering,.... stumbled into this thread, but still searching
Possibly this:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120988

I'm adding it to the first post.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member

Tylerwashere- I feel ya about scrolling thru your 1000 songs faster...its almost like I wish the stereo had a small remote control, so I dont have to sit there scrolling there for a million years to get to a song when I'm on the freeway trying to pay attention. I got the damn stereo thinking it would be safer than having to operate my iPod by hand thru the AUX port...turns out I could do THAT faster! Oh well, at least it looks nice!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ack154
Here's an interesting option for those with just AUX inputs (05 or 06 models).

http://www.tentechnology.com/product...exibledock.php

Looks like a nice dock with a line out and charges the iPod. There are a few of these flexible dock holders out there (mostly with an FM transmitter), but none with such a clean look and decent connection. I might pick up one of these to replace my Belkin Tundok cup holder thing. And the way the tC's lighter socket is, it would be a good place to plug that in and just run a wire right back into the cubby hole and up to the radio.
Hmm... Ok So i'm wondering, assuming I picked up the flex dock and its charging the ipod from the console cigarette lighter- could i run a 3.5mm stereo -> RCA back into the stereo aux port? Or is the aux connector from the armrest permanently hard wired into that spot? Trying to think how I could get it plugged in from that position without gross wires running all across my shifter.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 PM
bid
5 Year Member

2005 Option 3. The Pioneer Car Deck Interface adapter link if outdated. Here's the one from price grabber.

http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/search_...terid=19261701
Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bid
2005 Option 3. The Pioneer Car Deck Interface adapter link if outdated. Here's the one from price grabber.

Fix'd. Thanks.

WhiteWolf:
There are no RCA jacks in the rear of the head unit. If you have the 06, what you could do is run a wire under your center console/armrest that would connect to that dock and also the jack in the armrest. You would possibly have to drill a small hole in the bottom of the cubby, but it would be much nicer than running a wire on top of everything.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
bid
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bid

On further research, looks in there are some posts in the forum that suggests that it does not work with the tC HU. I'm going with the USA Spec. Let's see how this goes. So far this gives me everything I want except the ID3 display which I can live without. It is also more expensive, tho.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well... being Option 3... that's if you have an aftermarket HU only. You'd be more concerned with options 1 and 2 if you have the OEM HU.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, having a stereo with audio/video inputs (avn 5435), I read I can just use a A/V Cable and play my music through this...When you do this, does it just leave the screen blank? I dont mind if so because I can just have the nav map on while the music plays. I just want a temp fix to play my ipod through my car for now thats cheap...

I seen a few on ebay that were pretty cheap, or apples is $20. Eventually I want to do the DLO Deluxe dock like IceNine, but not until I have time to make something custom like him...

Do the A/V Cables produce clear sound? I dont really want one of those FM transmitters as I always have problems and hear a buzz w/ them, and its not clear...
Old 07-02-2006, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GLaMoUrDoLLy
Tylerwashere- I feel ya about scrolling thru your 1000 songs faster...its almost like I wish the stereo had a small remote control, so I dont have to sit there scrolling there for a million years to get to a song when I'm on the freeway trying to pay attention. I got the damn stereo thinking it would be safer than having to operate my iPod by hand thru the AUX port...turns out I could do THAT faster! Oh well, at least it looks nice!
I have the iPod upgraded head unit on my '07 tC. When I scroll through the songs on the head unit, they don't appear to be in alphabetical order. They seem to go by the artist name. Does this happen to you as well? It takes forever to scroll through 1,000 songs to find one when I only know the name, and not the artist.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member

good info
Old 07-04-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by WillJitsu
Originally Posted by GLaMoUrDoLLy
I have the iPod upgraded head unit on my '07 tC. When I scroll through the songs on the head unit, they don't appear to be in alphabetical order. They seem to go by the artist name. Does this happen to you as well? It takes forever to scroll through 1,000 songs to find one when I only know the name, and not the artist.

Same happens to me too. That's the downfall of it. You can'st scroll through the songs in alphabetical order at all. But the other options work fine...its just the 'Songs' area that doesn't work as it should.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that problem. I do really wish there was a way to fix it though. There's a ton of songs that I only know the title to and have no idea who the artist is.

Quick Reply: THE tC iPod Thread