2005-2010 [ANT10]

cops are b******

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default cops are b******

i was driving on i-95 south in virginia and this state trooper comes out from the median and follows me,i wasnt speeding and i didnt even have my foot on the gas, also i was in the middle lane (3 laanes). so he pulled me over and gave me a ticket for exhaust and for my tinted licence plate cover wtf, how did he hear my car if i wasnt even pressing on the gaswhen he was following me. i think i was profiled, there was a mitsubishi lancer right next to me doing over the speed limit.

sorry just had to vent
Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that really sucks dude. are you gonna fight that in court? because i would
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

State Cops in VA are pretty harsh on window tint and stuff. I once pulled over twice in one day on a 3 hr trip on 95. I have 20%, i really do believe they profile people with modded cars.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

is the exhaust and plate cover tint illegal? If so, you really only have yourself to blame. Its not the cops fault you broke the law and he had to give you a ticket.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i found the laws online
these are what im charged with

§ 46.2-1047. Muffler cutout, etc., illegal.

It shall be unlawful to sell or offer for sale any (i) muffler without interior baffle plates or other effective muffling device or (ii) gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate on the highways in the Commonwealth a motor vehicle, moped, or motorized skateboard or scooter equipped with a gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust.

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates.

A. Every license plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer to which it is assigned:

1. So as to prevent the plate from swinging,

2. In a position to be clearly visible, and

3. In a condition to be clearly legible.

B. No colored glass, colored plastic, bracket, holder, mounting, frame, or any other type of covering shall be placed, mounted, or installed on, around, or over any license plate if such glass, plastic, bracket, holder, mounting, frame, or other type of covering in any way alters or obscures (i) the alpha-numeric information, (ii) the color of the license plate, (iii) the name or abbreviated name of the state wherein the vehicle is registered, or (iv) any character or characters, decal, stamp, or other device indicating the month or year in which the vehicle's registration expires. No insignia, emblems, or trailer hitches or couplings shall be mounted in such a way as to hide or obscure any portion of the license plate or render any portion of the license plate illegible.

C. The Superintendent may make such regulations as he may deem advisable to enforce the proper mounting and securing of the license plate on the vehicle.

also i have a concept g so i think just because i had a canister that he pulled me over, and for the plate, it says its illegal if it obstructs view and with mine u can still see it perfectly
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know about fighting it. You may be able to get the exhaust thrown out if you have documentation on db level of you exhaust versus the state's limit on exhaust on db level. But that is if you documentation shows that your exhaust is under the limit.

The only other thing I could say that if he didn't measure the db of your exhaust that he has no cause/reason to say that it was too loud. You could ask him in court if you were accelerating away from him when he was following you and if he says no then you could ask how he is positive that your exhaust was too loud? You could also ask him what is the maximum db level for an exhaust? If he knows you can ask what the standard operating procedure for measuring a suspected exhaust that is over the limit during a traffic stop. I would think that they have to measure it but idk.

From my experience traffic law is there to screw you if you don't have a lawyer and some cops will lie to make the charges stick (I have seen it)
You would have to get a lawyer (local one too) to make sure that you have a fair shot of winning. If it was my choice I will pay a lawyer over the state everyday.

But you will probably get stuck with the plate cover one.

Sorry to hear it man, I have had plenty of traffic violations and they just suck. Good luck.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 203superwhitetC
that really sucks dude. are you gonna fight that in court? because i would
i plan on it im trying to trade my concept g for a trd so i can put that on and show them at court , cause they cant give me a ticket for the trd because the delarship sells it as an add on
Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have heard of people on SL getting tickets for the TRD one too. I don't know if anyone has fought it and won.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by rjweitzel
and for the plate, it says its illegal if it obstructs view and with mine u can still see it perfectly
B. No colored glass, colored plastic, bracket, holder, mounting, frame, or any other type of covering shall be placed, mounted, or installed on, around, or over any license plate if such glass, plastic, bracket, holder, mounting, frame, or other type of covering in any way alters or obscures (i) the alpha-numeric information, (ii) the color of the license plate, (iii) the name or abbreviated name of the state wherein the vehicle is registered, or (iv) any character or characters, decal, stamp, or other device indicating the month or year in which the vehicle's registration expires. No insignia, emblems, or trailer hitches or couplings shall be mounted in such a way as to hide or obscure any portion of the license plate or render any portion of the license plate illegible.
It looks pretty clear to me. You have a tinted cover on the plate, and that IS illegal. Sorry, kind of sucks, but it's the law
Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 09tC_CB7
I have heard of people on ScionLife getting tickets for the TRD one too. I don't know if anyone has fought it and won.
but is it llegal if it a factory option? cuz i would fight that one
Old 01-07-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murbyrne
and for the plate, it says its illegal if it obstructs view and with mine u can still see it perfectly
It looks pretty clear to me. You have a tinted cover on the plate, and that IS illegal. Sorry, kind of sucks, but it's the law
i know but it just sucks because alot of people have them, i just dont see the big deal about it, you can see all my information on my plate
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i got pulled over a few days ago for tint and my license plate cover. got a repair order, no fine.

everything's still on the car, lol.

cops ARE b******. fight it and win.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
i got pulled over a few days ago for tint and my license plate cover. got a repair order, no fine.

how do i get a repair order, if worst case ill slap my stock axel back on and show them
Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate when people know they break the law & then come online & cry about it when they get busted. IF IT'S ILLEGAL, & YOU GET BUSTED, SUCK IT UP, IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Why do people say crap like cops are b*tches and all. If you break the law and they catch you, why does that make them b*tches? I know not all cops are upstanding citizens, but come on. Why don't people take responsibility for their actions?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha you think thats bad...i got a wreckless driving ticket for drifting 2 laps in an empty parking lot
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
I hate when people know they break the law & then come online & cry about it when they get busted. IF IT'S ILLEGAL, & YOU GET BUSTED, SUCK IT UP, IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT.
i not cryin for one, i just hate how car like ours are profiled, mustangs, camaros, ect never get pulled over for their exhausts
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by topekatc
haha you think thats bad...i got a wreckless driving ticket for drifting 2 laps in an empty parking lot
was there other cars around?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
Why do people say crap like cops are b*tches and all. If you break the law and they catch you, why does that make them b*tches? I know not all cops are upstanding citizens, but come on. Why don't people take responsibility for their actions?
even though they are law, they seem a little redicoulous, virginia need to have a dB note law, cuz right now it anything other than stock is illegal
Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour

how do i get a repair order, if worst case ill slap my stock axel back on and show them
it must depend on your state. i'm in AZ and got a repair order. funny thing is, all i have to do is sign and date. i don't have to show anyone my car or get anyone to sign off on it.

Quick Reply: cops are b******