Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Dealership denied suspension work because of...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dealership denied suspension work because of...

Get ready for it. Ready? SUBS! Denied suspension work because of subs, ain't that something? When I went to get my oil changed, i asked the lady if they could lubricate my sway cuz its been creaking lately. I didn't ask them to check it out cuz I didn't know what it was, I asked them to lubricate it cuz i KNOW its the sway thats creaking. She comes back to me saying, Its the Aftermarket system that's causing the creaking. I just looked at her like. I know its the sway so don't give me the audio bs, i've had the creak way before I got the subs in. She said well I'm sorry but until you get it removed we can't go on I just said. Wow okay. I guess I'm gonna have to do the sway myself then. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

You got more guts than I do to have kept a cool about it... I would have laughed in her face and called her an idiot.... LOL! I know a system adds extra weight to the car, but come on... Messes with Susension and prevents something from being lubricated? wow...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

You should have asked her to explain the logic behind her theory
Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have to agree with sicktc06....shes an idiot....
Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
You should have asked her to explain the logic behind her theory
That would've been perfect. I just see it now "Uhh uhh..well the vibrations from the system..uhh uhh...

Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol It was a long day. I was and still am sick, plus I got some nasty damage thats probably gonna result in me having to have to buy and paint a new one that day , so I really didn't want to waste time arguing and stressing myself out even more because of her, i just wanted to get home at that point. She said that the sub box was rubbing against the hatch and actually tore through the liner and was causing the creaking I hate the dealership. You see a guy with a sway, dropped, rims, bunch of electrical work done, and you still try and bs him like that. Come on. Seriously.

Anyone know what I should use to lubricate the sway since I gotta do it myself now?
Old 03-26-2008, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I was thinking more about the weight. Then he could say "Well my wife is 600 lbs. Are you saying it's partially her fault too?"
Old 03-26-2008, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha
Old 03-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by a_german_named_hans
Anyone know what I should use to lubricate the sway since I gotta do it myself now?
Try to use some silicone based lube. Anything oil based will ruin the rubber mounts over time.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

...She said that the sub box was rubbing against the hatch and actually tore through the liner and was causing the creaking

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

...Found a better one! :D
Old 03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I was thinking more about the weight. Then he could say "Well my wife is 600 lbs. Are you saying it's partially her fault too?"
Lmfao..that wouldve hit the nail right on the head.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just took care of this myself and used white grease, bought from walmart. was probably like $5, if that. shouldnt take much longer than 10-15 min.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Call the shop and speak to the manager and have them put it on your account for the car that they refused to lube the sway so that when the car has future problems they are liable...........you did not ask them to find the squeek you asked them to lube a part that needs lubed ..........they refused service and it amazes me the amount of crap the dealerships will do to get out of doing any work..........next thing you lube it your self and it fails and they blame you for lubing it........get well and go start a fight with them........

You don't want to know the hassle I went through to get my headlights replaced.......it came down to me asking if I needed to take off my own bumper and driving it in because they said my underglow had voided my warrenty onthe lights........then they tried to say that due to a under 5mph accident on the passenger side bumper that was why my lights were leaking...........

They lost.........they also replaced my lights and gave me an apology.........thanks to me calling Scion Corporate and asking WTF........
Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ awwww, glad to hear that it ended well though
Old 03-27-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People at dealerships will try to tell you anything to get out of doing work on your car. When I took mine in for bad HVAC lights, one of the technitians told me "they're not supposed to light up". I explained that for the first 9000 or so miles I drove the car, they did illuminate. The part was eventually replaced by them.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

^OMG..........now I though my experiance of them trying to get out of work was bad......what was the worst part was it took them 3 hours to pull the bumper and lights.........and put them back on........I meen come on........I can do it in under an hour and most of that is standing there drinking a beer.......and marveling at the girls walking through the parking lot to the pool.........
Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ lmao. They really do think were stupid don't they?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:49 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Killface
People at dealerships will try to tell you anything to get out of doing work on your car. When I took mine in for bad HVAC lights, one of the technitians told me "they're not supposed to light up". I explained that for the first 9000 or so miles I drove the car, they did illuminate. The part was eventually replaced by them.
This reminds me of when I used to have my '02 Jetta. (Worst vehicle ever, don't waste your money)

Anyway, my HVAC lights had quit coming on right away when I would turn the interior lights on. The would come on eventually, just not right away, so I'm thinking "short."

Anyway, not long after I noticed this, I went to start my car and my battery was dead as a doornail. I got no charge whatsoever.

I had it towed in (and on the way heard the tow guy talk about how he towed about 6 a day) and when I got to the dealer, I said "Have them check for a short in the electrical system because I have been having issues with my interior lights.

The service tech looked me IN THE EYE and said

"No....those two systems are not related."

The......BATTERY.....and the ELECTRICAL SYSTEM......are NOT RELATED??????

Needless to say, the car's repeated trouble and morons like that are why as soon as the battery was replaced, I was car shopping the next day. I'd bought that Jetta brand new in '02 and had it traded in before the end of June of '04.

Never buy a Jetta. The 'new' final assembly plant is in a place that takes all that wonderful german engineering and flushes it down the toilet.