Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Defogger not working???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Defogger not working???

I was driving down the freeway last night when my windows started to fog up (I was singing @ the top of my lungs)...I turned my defog on, which made it worse...no biggie. So I waited, thinking it would eventually go down, and it didn't. I eventually ended up pulling over because I literally could not see out of my windows.

I tried turning it from warm, to cool--still nothing. Then, I turned it on cool, with the AC on, and it finally helped. I've had my car for about 9 months, and have never really had to use the defog until now. Does this seem normal???

keep in mind, my car has been in the shop ALL summer for rattles (of course), a completely new belt tensioner bar, ABS issue, a realignment, new power window motor AND power door lock. The dealership has been giving me crap about EVERY time I go in and refuses to close out my paperwork after every visit. So basically, I've had the same work order since June. Is there any way I can claim a lemon???
Old 10-14-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when your windows fog, turn the AC on. If its the windshield in particular, set the mode towards the windshield and turn on the AC.

Sometimes this works, sometimes it makes it worse necessitating the heat or just air directly from outside.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

What you described sounds completely normal. In the worst scenarios when you need to defog, you will need to have the a/c on (whether it be air conditioned heat or cold air)

All of those issues do not sound normal however!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounds to me like you had it on recirc. Recirc will fog your windows like nobodies business due to it re circulating moist inside air rather than pulling in drier air from outside. In the summer it isnt too bad, but when it cools off outside it will be worse.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if she had the front defogger on, the a/c comes on with it.. even though the light doesn't not indicate it, you can check for yourself, click defogger, and hear the a/c compressor click and turn on..

plus when i have the defogger on, the recirculation will not work, have to turn off the defogger for the recirculation feature to work..

and to Trista'sTC, if you don't like the work at this dealer and they've kept the original order open so that you wouldn't be able to claim lemon, take your tc to another dealer to get the work done. Plus they give you grief? You're not the one who built it, so why is it YOUR problem? it's not.. find a better dealer..