Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Frustration: Parts Availability

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member

Default Frustration: Parts Availability

Ok, I don't know what other horror stories everybody has, but the parts availability on these cars is lack luster at best. This is not 100% a complaint since I should know better for being the first to buy a car, but this car seems like the king of pushed back dates.

Right now I am waiting on the security system and spoiler, the dealer promised to give me a free loaner when it comes in, so not the biggest of deals, although I checked and it was pushed back yet another month.

The kicker though is I destroyed a tire when I couldn't pull over right away after getting a flat, $213, and 3 days to get here to get a replacement. Although looking at the only low profile doughnut I have ever seen is fun, it doesn't make my 50 mile commute very fun not being able to go over 55 mph, so the car is in the garage waiting for it's wheel.

Make me feel better in knowing I am not alone, what parts/options are you waiting for?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i was waiting for the car itself but got fed up and bought a color that wasn't my fav but it has alotta options installed (lip spoiler, 6disc, mats, rear applique and sill guards, mud guards and wheel locks) that kinda make up for it... my advice would be to shop around but i haven't ran into any problems yet
Old 09-01-2004, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say, just be patient. Lotta companies are working on this car, we just gata wait and thats it...well,
good luck and peace
Old 09-01-2004, 10:27 PM

You can add www.precisionmuffler.com to the list of places that has parts available now!! We now offer an axle back and a cat back system for your lesure and tC pleasure!! check it out and get back to me if you want an exhaust system! :D The day is finnaly here for the tC owners to have another choise on the exhaust system!!

Old 09-01-2004, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
You can add www.precisionmuffler.com to the list of places that has parts available now!! We now offer an axle back and a cat back system for your lesure and tC pleasure!! check it out and get back to me if you want an exhaust system! :D The day is finnaly here for the tC owners to have another choise on the exhaust system!!
Got any sounds of both the axel back & cat back? Be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the TRD.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by chucksu
Originally Posted by Stylis
Got any sounds of both the axel back & cat back? Be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the TRD.
right now I do not have any sound bites, but I can tell you that the sound is there and so is the HP. Fits perfect and is something different! :D

Old 09-03-2004, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice job on the exhaust. What size pipe is that? Any plans to dyno? Not to be picky but those bends look more restrictive than stock.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by RageAholic
Nice job on the exhaust. What size pipe is that? Any plans to dyno? Not to be picky but those bends look more restrictive than stock.
thats about the only down side to the system. But the tC needs back pressure for Hp, its really wierd. But the sound and performance feels great! :D

Old 09-04-2004, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell me about it. Since I picked up my car its had a bunch of broken parts, and the dealer ordered them to fix the car. They are still on backorder with no sign of them. Atleast you guys are just waiting on upgrades and not parts to fix your car.