Go Back  Scionlife.com > Scion tC First Gen > Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
Reload this Page >

Help. Finding my car is unlocked and key fob won't work..

Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Help. Finding my car is unlocked and key fob won't work..

Old 04-01-2019, 12:56 AM

Default Help. Finding my car is unlocked and key fob won't work..

2010 Scion tC.
For a while now I've found my car would sometimes be unlocked after coming off work or just getting up to go to work. The key fob won't work to lock or unlock the doors.
Also the car won't start unless I press on the brakes first. After the car starts my time on the car is reset and the AC as well.
Sometimes the car would be locked and I'd have the same start up issues and the reset problem.

I know for a fact I locked my car every time before I find it unlocked since I've been observing the issue.

The start up and reset issue isn't really a problem but finding my car was unlocked is pretty scary. Keep having to check for missing items. So far nothing has been taken.

Really hoping this community can help me find out what's going on. I've tried rewording my Google search for answers but I couldn't find any. Your help would be much appreciate.

Thank you.

_________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-01-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 PM
SL Member

My original key fob battery lasted about 9 years. The other symptoms suggest a battery/ alternator test might be in order. AutoZone will do it for free.