Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

HELP!!! My dealership messed up my rims!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HELP!!! My dealership messed up my rims!

So ya, basically ive had my TC for about 4 months now, i bring it in a week and half ago to have my first of three free oil changes. so while im there the service guy reccomended that i should have my tires rotated (which normally my dad does for me) but i figured what the hell, it was on like $14, so i did it. so i get my car back w/e and the other day i was walking outa school and was walkin up to my car when i noticed a scratch on one of the back rims! it was right in the area where the lug nut goes in, so im like WTF, my Boyfriend starts walkin round my car makin sure everything else was OK and it wasnt! They did the same thing to EVERY single one of my rims! in the same spot! and 3 of my rims have at least 2 or more of the scratches in that area where the lug nuts go! im so freakin ____ed, there deep a$$ scratches too! some of em are so bad that it looks like curb rash, and there big too! nyways ya, so i called my dealership up yesterday, and left the service manager a voicemail, i was actually surprised he called me back w/in the hour! so im bringing it in tommarow b4 work for em to check it out, but what do you guys think there gunna do?! is there a way they can fix that or are they gunna have to give me 4 new rims?! (i'll just add that i live in south florida, and we've been havin alota rain here lately, so thats why it took me a lil while to notice it, cuz i havent been able to wash my car in like 2 weeks!) so any advice id really appreciate it!!!! ill try to post some picks when i get home later! thanks every1!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The good side it has it on all the rims...the bad part is..it has been a week and a half. Are they the stock 17"? I think you ae better off having it on all your rims... for you sake in getting the dealer to fix it. Well good luck...let us know what happens!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the same thing happened to me when I got my springs put on!!!! unfortunately for me, I was having a toyota tech do the install on the side, so I have no recourse whatsoever.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya, there the stock 17". Im really hoping my dealership will make good for it though, bc it was the first time i had any maitnence done to my car and it was done by them. I know im better off havin it on all of my rims,(even though that ____ed me off more!) cuz i know if it was like on one rim in one spot theyd pull sum crap like "oh it was a rock" or sumthing like that, but ya im keepin my fingers crossed that there not guna give me a hard time, especially cuz im a girl, so there allready going to think they can pull a quick one on me, so ima try and have a guy friend come with me! Im deff. gunna keep yall posted!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

damn that sucks! i had break check scratch one of my rims (very light tho, but i see everything) when they were getting me an allignment. It was no biggie cause you could hadly see it only when im cleaning my rims, but it still ____es me off that some ppl dont take care of other's stuff! if i were to ever work on cars, i would work on it like its my own! Im sure they go by that but some ppl dont care about their sh*t either.

hopefully you get it taken care of! keep us posted.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Your lucky its not the 18's. I had it happen to me, they had to paint all 4 rims because they couldnt color match it correctly. Oh well im the only one now this color wheel on a tC. And theres only 2 other cars here in georgia with them. When i get my camera back Ill post up some pictures.....
Old 09-07-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

This is why you never use your free oil changes. Lesson learned. Do it yourself for now on since you now know other people can't be trusted with your car.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true. I just got my second oil change and nothing happened either time, but I make it a point to tell them not to rotate my tires because I would rather do it myself. Really though, I should just let them do it since they already got screwed up during the spring install - before I ever even got an oil change!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think oil changes might be fine. I'm not gonna shell out $14 for a rotation when I have the jacks at home and can do it in under 30 minutes myself.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take your dad or boyfriend with you. they will see a girl and just laugh you out of the dealership telling you that you must have hit a curb or something. It sucks, but it's true. My gf is a cutie and gets all the BS at the dealerships but when me or her brother go with her, it's funny how it's all about the numbers rather than the color of the car. Weird huh ?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:04 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
This is why you never use your free oil changes. Lesson learned. Do it yourself for now on since you now know other people can't be trusted with your car.
EXACTLY!!! I never used anything from the dealership and never let them touch my car. My hands are the only ones installing anything on that car and if they're not, i'm standing right next to the person that is b/c I'm learning how for next time.

NEVER LET DEALERSHIP TECHS TOUCH YOUR CAR!!! There will always be something wrong.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had just put on my new wheels and went to the dealer for a full balance and alignment (under warantee). When the car came out.... same deal. scratches and gouges on all 4 wheels. I made a friggin stink about it. They agreed to have all 4 wheels refinished......backed out of that, and just decided to buy me 4 brand new wheels.

Don't back down man! Stick it to em and get what you deserve. That just ain't right!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn i seriously hope there not gunna tell me there guna "paint" them or w/e, seriously since its all 4 of them i personally think they should give me all new rims, my dealership is str8 though, there not like some scum bags out there, believe me! i hada Mazda dealership screw up my rim when i had to replace a tire cuz sum _____ intentionally let the air outa it thinkin itd be funny, and mazda said when the tire came in theyd mount it and do all that crap, the sec i got hom, i realized the scratched the WHOLE lineing of the rim all the way around, i called em up, and the put a "different" rim on it, so it looked the same as the others, but was different in some specific way (i dont remember) but nyways, ya, i mean my dad usually does all my oil changes and my tire rotation, but he hasnt been home alot lately do to a promotion, so its not all the convienent anymore, i guess ill just have my brother rotate my tires from now on, cuz he cant do the oil change by himself, he usually helps my dad, and ya, ima try and have my BF or my guy friend come with me! ill let u know what happens!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys! so i went to my dealership today, met with the service manager, and brought my dad along so they wouldnt try to screw me over. anyways, i had a really positive outcome that i wasnt expecting.....there actually going to give me a whole new set of rims!!!! the guy kinda complained and was like "well the way the lug nuts go in is on an angle, so we have to use and extention blah blah blah" and that they couldnt garuntee to prevent it in the future, so my dad said well normally i do the tire rotation, which ill be doing from now on, we just did it cuz ive been out on business alot and i havent been home at all to do it so it was more convienet for u guys too. also, let me just add if they were "careful" with putting the extension thing in, they wouldnt of scratched my rims at all, so ima agree with that one person who said that people dont give a 2 sh*ts bout some1 elses property and they apparently didnt treat it carefully as if it were there own car! so after all that good news, i have bad news too! i got into my first accident yesterday! and i was so ____ed it had to be in my TC cuz its basically still brand new! the person who i had the accident with is claiming i hit him, when really, he hit me, but he has 3 witnesses, of whom 2 were in our spanish class we just got out of, sayin he was allready in reverse and stickin outa his spot, which is hard to believe cuz my car was hit on an angle, in the right rear bumper, his is just a big scratch in his pant....right under the license plate.....so hes tryin to rip me off, say its my fault, and on top of it all 3 witness said i was on my phone when the accident happened! which i wasnt!!!! plus i have 15% tint on my windows, so how the heck would they of been able to seen from far away even if i was (which i wasnt) i have pics, ill post em later. but the thing that really ticks me off is that the police report says no1 is at fault, and hes this kid is bein so persistant that its mine, hes allready called his insurance company, and paid a $500 deductable, for what was written on the report as $200 worth of damage....FL law is anything over $500 u have to report and make a claim, so hes choosin to make a claim on $200...what an idiot....oh and ya seein as it was my first time in an accident, he decided he was gunna try to intimidate me and get all up in my face with his finer in it too! tellin me what I needed to do, and didnt want me callin the cops! which i did! and told him i wasnt given him anything till the cops got there and he could get it from them, then one of the dumb biotches that claimed to be a witness said i by law have to give it tohim, i told her nither he or she was a FL law inforcer, and that1 was on the way who id gladly give my info too! so since the begining the kid was tryin to take advantage of me, i know he was the one who hit me, whether or not his claim of "i was reversing first" is true, bc ur supposed to do everything to advoid and accident and he didnt apparently if hes saying its all my fault...nyways im soo upset! im not lettin this creep scamin me! if u guys have any advice on that id appreciate it!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:47 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome, congrats. Glad it worked out.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I hope you at least learned something in Spanish class, because your English grammar is terrible!

Joking aside, though, it's good to hear the wheels thing worked out for you... not everyone gets that lucky when dealing with the devil... I mean dealership!

As for your accident, I don't know what the tint laws are like in FL, but I'm guessing that 15% tint is illegal and won't help your case at all. It really kind of sounds like the cards are stacked against you this time. I guess it just depends on who the cops/insurance companies want to believe.

So how bad is the damage to your car?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see how you would've been able to see him anyway considering he hit your right rear bumper.

What do they think you were doing? Driving around in reverse?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by GetCaughtDead
Well, I hope you at least learned something in Spanish class, because your English grammar is terrible!
Not just that, but is that whole thing one sentence?!? I thought I saw a period or two, but then my head exploded from trying to read it all .....
Old 09-08-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as you supposedly being on the phone, that can be easily proven true or false via phone records.

P.s.: Space bar and punctuation = friends
Old 09-08-2006, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok seriously i know most of you are jokin bout my grammar, but i was very upset when i typed that, ive had an extremly ruff week, i found out a friend of mine let the air out of one of my tires (which happened over a year ago) and i drove home on it, which ruined the tire and cost me $250 to fix. and this supp. friend and i have been through thick n thin for 6 years and of all ppl i would of never expected that from HER! back to my accident.....i got my first estimate today from the dealership, it was $657, but the guy who did it said that the paint job there going to have to do to the bumper is whats going to cost the most, bc of the quality of the paint, and the fact that they garuntee w/e paint job they do for the life of the vehicle. he said i could prolly go somewhere else and get it done for cheaper, but the warantee on the paint job would prolly only be for like a year or something. idk it just happened, so i have alot of estimates to still get. as far as my tint goes yes it is illegal, but the kid who i got into the accident with had even darker tint. the cops did say that at the disantce the girls were standin at that claimed to see me on my phone driving wouldnt of been able to see me, that only if they were like 5 ft away from the car. i did see the kids car that i hit, i saw it b4 i backed out when i was checkin my blind spots and what not, and i saw it when i was reversing and had my head turned looking, the kids basically tryin to make it seem like i just backed out not looking at all, but if you were to see the point of impact on my car and on his, since mine is on the angle it shows i was more out of the spot, not saying i put my car into reverse and floored it, i went normal speed, which is what all of like 5mph? and i was just letting off the break. the cops said the phone thing is hard to prove bc they would need an EXACT time of impact, which they dont have, plus my class got out early yesterday, its supposed to go till 6:45, but got out a few min b4 6. i honestly think there just assumin i was on my phone, cuz i answered it as i was walkin outa class, but i walked up to my car, opened the passenger side door to put my books in, and when i got over to the driver side i opened the door, and b4 i got in i hung up and put my phone in the cup holder, its not like i got out of the car on my phone....idk this kid was estimated at havin $200 worth of damage, so i have more then him, and hes freakin claimin his insurance, and expecting mine to pay him back allready!!!! idk this is deff. no where near over yet!!!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! My dealership messed up my rims!