Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Laser Jammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:39 PM
SL Member

Okay......I'm forum-retarded. How do I put a pic into a post?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol haha thx for the law updates on the laser jammer guys, now on the lines of name brands? I kno valentine1 are good for radar detection but are there any specific name brands that anyone here has and possbile recommend for laser jammers? It doesnt have to be cheap, just want a good well known brand or are the ones listed above already top notoch? Thanks for the help guys really appreciated because cops now adays busting people more and more on speeding and paying for those is just no joke, my suspension funds just went down to half from one speeding ticket. It's just terrible i say lol.

-Dan
Old 12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
SL Member

According to the ex cop on radarbusters.com, the Blinder M25 and M45 are the highest rated jammers for laser. You can even watch the video demo of it n action.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Just a quick note from radarbusters.com

Costly Radar Jammer problems

You could be fined thousands of dollars, you could be jailed and/or be placed on federal probation.

It is a federal felony to possess, operate or sell these jammers.

Because of this, Radar Roy does NOT offer nor recommend the Scorpion radar jammer.

Also there have been numerous complaints posted on RadarDetector.net by dissatisfied customers, because of poor product support and frequent calibration problems.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:15 AM
SL Member

Lucky for us cops use lasers now. It's perfectly legal to jam lasers.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Supposedly these are the best ones. They use more powerful emitters than the Blinder jammers.

http://www.laser-interceptor.co.uk/

Also, check these guys out:

http://www.guysoflidar.com/
Old 12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
SL Member

I'l wait til good ol' "Radar Roy" the ex cop tests that one out. He's got time though, I can't afford either one right now.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Currently there are no US federal laws prohibiting the use of laser jammers.
However, some states have passed their own laws against jamming police laser guns.
http://www.guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html
Old 12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
SL Member

So jammers are only illegal in 9 states....and mine ain't one of 'em. ;)
Old 12-17-2007, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The one thing about radar roy is that he has his own store that sells jammers and detectors. He seems to know his stuff more than most, but keep that in mind.

It seems that the V1 is universally regarded as the best detector out there (and frome experience I would agree). Radar Roy doesn't sell them, but he does sell Beltronics detectors and he says those are the best ones....

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's worth keeping in mind when making a decision.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
SL Member

Well Roy tests the detectors and jammers before he sells them. There are even videos of the tests. So I'd go with what I saw first hand before some other company 'telling me' theirs is best.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 PM

A valentine1 is the best radar detector hands down. It isn't just the company saying it, it is people who have used them daily voicing their opinions too.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
SL Member

I'd still rather go with factual tests, personally.Though I have no need for a detector. I'm getting a laser jammer. Most cops use lasers now anyway, making traditional detectors useless.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Knightman
According to the ex cop on radarbusters.com, the Blinder M25 and M45 are the highest rated jammers for laser. You can even watch the video demo of it n action.
Reminds me of the early 60s when aircraft started using chaff to jam the radar guidance system on missiles. That was about the time police started playing with radar guns. A rumor spread across the country among gear heads that you could jam police radar if you put aluminum foil in your hubcaps. Didn't work, but Alcoa and Reynolds sure sold a hell of a lot of aluminum foil!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
SL Member

Not sure I see the comparison, since the jammers actually work. But ummm....thanks for that.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 PM

Well cops around here mostly use radar so I'm not worried for now with my V1.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:15 PM
SL Member

Where's "here?" Most metropolitan cops now use lasers because they're more like guns and harder to thwart with detectors because they aren't 'on' until you're being tagged.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 PM
SL Member

I'd still rather go with factual tests, personally.Though I have no need for a detector. I'm getting a laser jammer. Most cops use lasers now anyway, making traditional detectors useless.
The jammer will only alert you to a laser hit. The best defence is to run a detector and a jammer at the same time. I have been doing alot of research on high-end detectors and jammers and that is what everyone I have talked to has told me. The jammer isn't just a "free pass" to speed. There are a few videos I saw that show a jammer in use from behind the laser gun. Eventualy the cop will get your speed (by aiming at a different point on your car). The main use of a jammer is to give you the few seconds you need to slow down.

I just bought the Bel STI because I'm still not sold on the V1. I have no doubt that it is a good detector but all of the test results I found showed the STI and the 9500i out-performed the V1.

The other reason I bought the STI is because my Bel LaserPro 905 should be here in another week. The 905 is a jammer that is controlled by a Bel detector. No extra display to mount so the install should be nice and clean. Besides, I got a great deal on the 905 off ebay.

I can take some pics of the jammer install process if anyone is interested.

-Brian
Old 12-18-2007, 12:16 AM
SL Member

Here's another good place for info. There's a forum for everything.

http://www.radardetector.net/

-Brian
Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jailbird
The jammer will only alert you to a laser hit. The best defence is to run a detector and a jammer at the same time. I have been doing alot of research on high-end detectors and jammers and that is what everyone I have talked to has told me. The jammer isn't just a "free pass" to speed. There are a few videos I saw that show a jammer in use from behind the laser gun. Eventualy the cop will get your speed (by aiming at a different point on your car). The main use of a jammer is to give you the few seconds you need to slow down.

I just bought the Bel STI because I'm still not sold on the V1. I have no doubt that it is a good detector but all of the test results I found showed the STI and the 9500i out-performed the V1.

The other reason I bought the STI is because my Bel LaserPro 905 should be here in another week. The 905 is a jammer that is controlled by a Bel detector. No extra display to mount so the install should be nice and clean. Besides, I got a great deal on the 905 off ebay.

I can take some pics of the jammer install process if anyone is interested.

-Brian
Actually, jammers - most of them - don't 'alert' you at all. They just jam the signal. However, there are packages available on the radarbuster site that include the jammer, license plate covers and a laser-absorbent stealth spray, and they say to get best results, use all of them at once.

There are also detectors that can be interfaced to a large rearview mirror (also available on the site) with a display screen that will show you various bits of information, such as when you're being tagged, from where, etc. I'm thinking of getting that as well.