2005-2010 [ANT10]

my tc may be finished...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

yea bent frames can be fixed. but itll never be exactly the same. and isnt it illegal for body shops to attemp to repair frames? thats what i heard when i totalled my car.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yellow - It depends on the frame and where on the frame...one off the top of my head is a full frame on a F series truck because they are hydroformed and should not be repaired. But like frame rails on unibodies mostly can be replaced/repaired that is depending on if the damaged rail section has a kink or bend in it. Frame rails can be pulled/replaced to withing +/- 3 mils of specs which is the allowable tollerance.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

word.
thanks for clarifying.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is what I am here for....
Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Obsoletepunk04
That is what I am here for....
huhh, and all this time i thought you were here for something else
Old 09-19-2008, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sonic_tC
Originally Posted by ESEMRFOZZ13
Originally Posted by jBoRiCuA
i wouldnt of invited him nowhere!
i wonder if he also invited him to the street races i would have let the suv hit me so they pay instead of having a lawsuit parade at my door

WHO EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RACES?? heres another guy who judges some1 right off the bat because of what they do.. just because hes a cop dont mean hes out there trying to site every modified car he sees.. he was realy interested in the things i had done.. and told me that he realy liked alot of the modified scions he sees out on the road..//// it was good humor at your expense, what did you want a pitty party like i was your mom ///

and dont say anything of what you "would have done" because you dont realy know what your reaction will be until you experience it...///not true, thats just your age showing. i drive hazardous material all day and yes i know my reactions because i made it routine how to react///

and how am i going to have a law suit if it is clearly not my fault and no one was injured?? thats why we pay insurance these days..
// it's up to the courts to decide, so make sure you post your update///
Old 09-19-2008, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jBoRiCuA
i wouldnt of invited him nowhere!
i wonder if he also invited him to the street races i would have let the suv hit me so they pay instead of having a lawsuit parade at my door

WHO EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RACES?? heres another guy who judges some1 right off the bat because of what they do.. just because hes a cop dont mean hes out there trying to site every modified car he sees.. he was realy interested in the things i had done.. and told me that he realy liked alot of the modified scions he sees out on the road..//// it was good humor at your expense, what did you want a pitty party like i was your mom ///

and dont say anything of what you "would have done" because you dont realy know what your reaction will be until you experience it...///not true, thats just your age showing. i drive hazardous material all day and yes i know my reactions because i made it routine how to react///

and how am i going to have a law suit if it is clearly not my fault and no one was injured?? thats why we pay insurance these days..
// it's up to the courts to decide, so make sure you post your update///
enough of this ok, he's not the type that speeds, he drives really clam. as for the lawsuit that you guys keep talking about it knock it off because he wasn't at fault.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so i just spoe with my insurance and it is being declered a total loss

nothing happend to any1 so its all good but now the question is what color should i get now!?!?! the 08 and 09 come with a little stock subwoofwer right???
yes Luis the 08-09 come with the factory subwoofer which honestly you can't even tell it's there, pobably it's just me from all of the bass i already have. but tomorrow if you go to the meet Cati has one in her car and you can listen to it. as for white no, bsp..UAV what? glad your ok and i can't wait to see what you decide on getting...maybe the RS1 xD with a bunch of TRD parts from Hamer? see you tomorrow if you show up.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yellow - It depends on the frame and where on the frame...one off the top of my head is a full frame on a F series truck because they are hydroformed and should not be repaired. But like frame rails on unibodies mostly can be replaced/repaired that is depending on if the damaged rail section has a kink or bend in it. Frame rails can be pulled/replaced to withing +/- 3 mils of specs which is the allowable tollerance.
yes and it still isn't the same, i got hit and my frame got bent and even pulling it there is still a gap from my fender and hood, samething happened with a friend and it's still not the same because he has a minor gap as well....i think it's best to just replace it instead of tring to pull it, although it's more but will come out better and that is what your paying for.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True, depending on the circumstances it should be replaced. If they did get it within specs there should be no odd gaps. Could be that the problem is elsewhere or aftermarket parts....
Old 09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
yea its totalled but hey... at least you had the tow hook in and ready to rock and roll!
hahahaha i was jus gonna say that.

so wats gonna happen man? whos fault is it?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True, depending on the circumstances it should be replaced. If they did get it within specs there should be no odd gaps. Could be that the problem is elsewhere or aftermarket parts....
true because I did get a cheap VIS cf hood and I blame it on the hood but my friend got everything oem and yet he's still has a gap but it's not much unless you keep looking at it.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
I hate shopping. =/
^New best friend^

Hey my mom lives in the 818!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
Originally Posted by davedavetC
yea its totalled but hey... at least you had the tow hook in and ready to rock and roll!
hahahaha i was jus gonna say that.

so wats gonna happen man? whos fault is it?
well i just got a new superwhite tC last night =) and there was no BSP sticlk shifts anyewhere in socal exept for 1 on san luis ovispo and it was gong to take a couple days for it to get here and i already need the car for tomaro so i ended up getin the white.. as far as the accident my insurance took my statement of what had happend and my adjuster told me it was not my fault according to my story... and the chik in the suv was tellin me that the dumptruk was merging in to her lane and made her merge in to mine.. so if thats the statement she gives her insurance it should work out and im not going to be at fault.. it looks like the dump truck dirve might want to fight it cuz it looked like he was arguing with the chp officer when he was getin the drivers side of the story.. but i dont think itl be a big deal cuz the only way i was involved with him was after the suv made me loose control, hit me in the back and mede me spin in to him so im pretty shure its all good.. my car old tc is getin paid off and the remaining balance is geting paid off by the gap insurance i purchased... sooooooooooooo its all good... and any1 selling a black spoiler??? hahaha
Old 09-21-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
ok so i just spoe with my insurance and it is being declered a total loss

nothing happend to any1 so its all good but now the question is what color should i get now!?!?! the 08 and 09 come with a little stock subwoofwer right???
yes Luis the 08-09 come with the factory subwoofer which honestly you can't even tell it's there, pobably it's just me from all of the bass i already have. but tomorrow if you go to the meet Cati has one in her car and you can listen to it. as for white no, bsp..UAV what? glad your ok and i can't wait to see what you decide on getting...maybe the RS1 xD with a bunch of TRD parts from Hamer? see you tomorrow if you show up.
hahaha naw man i dnt know about xD.. not my cup of tea.. haha i had to get the white 1 i was aiming for the BSP but there werent any available soon.. so we got another white in the team.. lol.. and as for the sub... i shure as hell can tell theres a difference!! haha i was like dammmm this is dope!!! hahaha but it nothing compared to the brain massager you have in yours.. lol... when r u putin in the new system that u won at pasadena nights????
Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
SL Member

who was at fault? sounds like the JO driving the SUV?

glad to hear you made it with no injuries....but I fear that TC is totalled...
Old 09-21-2008, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad you got a brand NEW car, brain massager i like that one. as far as the new system i wanna start working on it already but it'll most likely be after our show. what kind of spoiler are you looking for so i can keep an eye out for one, the oem lip or the pedistal?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
glad you got a brand NEW car, brain massager i like that one. as far as the new system i wanna start working on it already but it'll most likely be after our show. what kind of spoiler are you looking for so i can keep an eye out for one, the oem lip or the pedistal?
im lookin for a black pedestial...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont give a ____.. straight up.. i am the way i am and i react the way i react. ____ you shouldnt be worrying about.

looks like its your b-day.. good luck with all that