Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Problem...

My tC has a problem with pulling to the left and shaking at highway speeds... It has been to the dealer twice for the this problem... It keeps going out of alignment ... It was pretty bad the first time too... it was so bad that the car would almost take a left turn... I had it fixed again today...it was fine until I got off the highway (I didnt hit any holes so I know thats not what caused it) it started pulling very lightly but I didnt think anything of it, just thought it was the road... I used the highway again later this afternoon to go to a movie and it started to shake alittle over 60mph... I did a search and didnt find anything definitive on this problem...Has anyone else have this problem? Isn't the 3rd repair attempt at a problem grounds for the Lemon law?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

all anyone here will tell you is keep going back till it's fixed. Read up on the lemon law some more.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"pulling" and "shaking" like that is not something you should have to endure as a new owner. that chit should be fixed in the first couple visits unless there is a "unit specific" defect (meaning your car), that they can't put their finger on.

in any event, keep a log of when and why it is in for service issues. note repeat visits for the same problem.

even though no dealer or manufacturer wants to admit "lemon law" liability, they will if repairs are documented properly. so, keep a journal of all service and keep the records.

all car manufacturers make and sell a certain amount of lemons. "quality control" tries to catch the potential lemons before they are built or sold but obviously miss some....(it's part of the assembly ideosyncracies of making cars, i.e., employees on pay day toss a few back at lunch and afterward might not grease the axle shafts because they get behind...., or hung over employees on mondays might toss a wrench into the assembly line so they can play poker and catch their breath while management tries to fix the line, etc., in the meantime an axle shaft misses being polished properly on a superfinisher, etc., and gets put into a car when it shouldn't.

nevertheless, stand your ground and make sure the car is fixed.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If they keep aligning it & that doesn't fix it, it would seem to me that they should check the wheels & tires, as your symptoms could also be caused by a bent/unbalanced wheel or a bad/flat-spotted tire.

Every state has differences in their lemon law. Check out your state's MVA website for their laws. My dealership actually gave me a pamplet on the lemon law when I bought my car that had a link to a website.

And yes, you should not have to endure this type of problem with a new car. Good luck.