Go Back  Scionlife.com > Scion tC First Gen > Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
Reload this Page >

Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)

Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)

Old 08-28-2010, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ever since the website change, I cannot find a way to change my age/yrs in my user CP ... please point out the obvious solution to this that I've missed?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there anyway to get some security on a tC..im not talking about cheap aftermarket alarms..they are crap.since some *** tried to break in my car once before and dont want it to happen again, or is the tC itself hard to break in?.thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 05:55 PM
SL Member

what are the benefits of an lsd on a tc?
Old 08-28-2010, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie View Post
you sure it coming from there?

could be your belt or A/C compressor since your saying it speeds up when you turn the A/C up.

i havent had A/C in my car for a while but if i remember correctly mine did the same thing. And if you say youve heard alot of others have the same "problem", it may just be a toyota "thing". Kind of like how toyotas are notorious for loud valvetrains
Its nither of those 2 items. If I do not have the A/C on it obviously doesnt have a sound LOL. If I turn it up to the slowest setting it sounds like a constant ticking, it is coming from the blower motor compartment under the dash on the passenger side. Some days it can barely be heard, and some days I have to turn up the radio at like 35+ to not hear the ticking. I know as soon as a find the problem its going to be something so freakin simple to change, but I know its inside the blower otor compartment. I am going to take the glove box out and try and find it today. I will keep ya posted.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which company should I buy from APR or Dr. Isotope for the air spliter?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yu can never go wrong with Dr. Isotope
Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

??? Anybody got any ideas?..or know anybody who has fixed it?...^^
Old 08-29-2010, 03:28 AM
SL Member

So I had my stock springs/struts on my car and put raceland coilovers on for a day. Today I took them off and went back to my stock springs and struts. Well all corners sit even except the front left. Any ideas on what it could be? It also pulls to the left a little when I'm driving straight. I'm doubting its a sagging spring considering they were just on and fine thursday. Let me know what you guys think I'm taking the strut and spring to make sure it seated correctly. Thanks for any tips.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:30 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
??? Anybody got any ideas?..or know anybody who has fixed it?...^^
Its probably the blower motor itself. Just drop it out of its hole and turn it on.
Mine was doing the exact same thing. Replaced the blower motor assembly.. problem solved.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:52 PM

what's up guys , i 'm having a problem with crontrolling my ipod from my head unit , i have 2010 tc with the upgraded pioneer system, i plugged in my ipod threw the interface cable but no scion symbol or check mark appears on the the ipod and i have to control everything threw the ipod not the head unit. Any clue how i can control it threw the head unit??
Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDezodtC View Post
So I had my stock springs/struts on my car and put raceland coilovers on for a day. Today I took them off and went back to my stock springs and struts. Well all corners sit even except the front left. Any ideas on what it could be? It also pulls to the left a little when I'm driving straight. I'm doubting its a sagging spring considering they were just on and fine Thursday. Let me know what you guys think I'm taking the strut and spring to make sure it seated correctly. Thanks for any tips.
Front left has always been lower on my car. My guess is because of the constant weight being in the drivers seat + the fact that the transmission is shifted slightly to the drivers side of the car.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by KrackMunkyTC View Post
what's up guys , i 'm having a problem with crontrolling my ipod from my head unit , i have 2010 tc with the upgraded pioneer system, i plugged in my ipod threw the interface cable but no scion symbol or check mark appears on the the ipod and i have to control everything threw the ipod not the head unit. Any clue how i can control it threw the head unit??
there are 2 jacks in the center console.
the one that plugs into the top of the ipod will not charge it and only allows you to control it through the ipod.
the one that plug into the bottom of the ipod lets you control it through the headunit and charges the ipod
Old 08-30-2010, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why is there a 1gen and 2gen threads for tc's, is there even anyone on here with one? the only ones ive seen are on commercials
Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

where do you see that?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge 2005-2010 [ANT10]
look at the top of the page
Old 08-30-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie View Post
there are 2 jacks in the center console.
the one that plugs into the top of the ipod will not charge it and only allows you to control it through the ipod.
the one that plug into the bottom of the ipod lets you control it through the headunit and charges the ipod
I do have the ipod plugged into the port that you can plug in the bottom of the ipod ,but nothing is working from the head unit, i tried a friends iphone but a mesg showed on the iphone that said you can't controll the iphone from it. So i'm not sure if it's my ipod or if the head unit is not working correctley?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Young-Gun View Post
Front left has always been lower on my car. My guess is because of the constant weight being in the drivers seat + the fact that the transmission is shifted slightly to the drivers side of the car.
Thats what I figured but I made myself paranoid messing with the suspension. My cars wandering to the left a bit. I switched my fronts to the back and visa versa so I'm assuming it's because of the change. Fronts were about 60% rears are about 90%.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what is itrader and when did we get it
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ight here is my small random question I'm saving for wheels nd should have around 1200 around winter.I got a RS2.0 on s techs currently but coils coming soon.I'm looking to run flush and I'm gunna roll fenders nd run stretched and spacers if needed. I just want some opinions on these setups..

1.LINEA CORSE LEMANS from wheel dude. Hyper Black 18x10et30 all around
2. ^^^ staggered 18x8.5et45 Front and 18x10et30 rear with spacers in the front.
3.Raderwerks MO-2 18x8et35 / 18x9et38
Old 09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law View Post
what is itrader and when did we get it
allows you to leave feedback from transactions youve done on here so that sellers can have a rep.

Originally Posted by RS2_1823 View Post
Ight here is my small random question I'm saving for wheels nd should have around 1200 around winter.I got a RS2.0 on s techs currently but coils coming soon.I'm looking to run flush and I'm gunna roll fenders nd run stretched and spacers if needed. I just want some opinions on these setups..

1.LINEA CORSE LEMANS from wheel dude. Hyper Black 18x10et30 all around
2. ^^^ staggered 18x8.5et45 Front and 18x10et30 rear with spacers in the front.
3.Raderwerks MO-2 18x8et35 / 18x9et38
$1200 for just wheels? or wheels and tires?

if its for just wheels, why not just get a nice set of used REAL rims that are high quality?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.