Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

TRD tC Supercharger Price Drop is REAL! $2130 plus tax!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I figured so... Yota charges bout $80/hour.. and if it calls for 7 hours.. that's going to turn out to be an additional $600~
Old 06-17-2007, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Factory warranteed 200whp to 220whp for under $3000 is a pretty good deal.. Factory warranty being very important.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My warranty is up in less than a year, so I don't care.

I think I may revise my plans about buying an EVO, this coupled with a 9lbs boost pulley sounds tempting.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:43 AM

Yeah they quoted me 800 bucks. But like Diversion says, good deal to keep the warranty when you still have some left. I've already got 20k miles, so I will still keep most of my warranty.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where do you guys see the price on the sites online?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 AM
SL Member

2k(plus tax/install) for sc = good deal (cuz of waranty)

now i want one
Old 06-18-2007, 02:00 PM
SL Member

Makes us who paid 3k+ for it want to cry... I paid $3500 total counting install/labor costs. TRD should hand everyone $1k that paid $3000.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xxmattxxtc
Makes us who paid 3k+ for it want to cry... I paid $3500 total counting install/labor costs. TRD should hand everyone $1k that paid $3000.
I didn't request any kind of money back but I did e-mail TRD to let them know how I feel. I did mention that I thought it was great that the price has dropped by 25% for all future buyers, but what about all the owners who purchased the kit for $3200.

I am calling out all s/c owners who paid the original price to e-mail TRD/Toyota and let them know how you feel, they have to at least begin keeping record of this complaint.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe they'll have a 30-day price match guarantee. lol.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
SL Member

Is s/c worth it if I have an auto? I know some people have turbo'd autos that they enjoy, and I was going to go that route because it would have gotten more bang for the buck, and cheaper than doing a s/c and tranny swap. But with the price dropped a grand, would it be worth it to just do the s/c with the auto and stick with that for awhile before deciding to do either a tranny swap or sell the car?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
SL Member

If your thinking about doing a tranny swap and want a s/c, I'd just trade the car in for a 5spd and then s/c... it'll be cheaper in the long run.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 AM

It's not a scion branded part, it's not pure priced. I don't see why everyone is ____ed at TRD for lowering the price. Fact of the matter is you paid a price you were comfortable with and it dropped. Prices drop on stuff all the time.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

not to sound like a dik but thats the price u had to pay to say u were one of the first to get s/c. i knew the price had to drop eventually. thats y i waited so long. i just could not justify paying that much for the s/c. thats the same reason i don't have a ps3 yet.... waiting for the prices to fall.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad the price dropped, but I'm at 48k miles... I'm not dropping another ~$3000 for the supercharger. I wanted it whenever I got my car, but then they had problems and delays.

I'm contemplating switching to a new WRX, Speed3, or if Toyota does it... the heavily rumored v6 AWD Corolla.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc-guy
not to sound like a dik but thats the price u had to pay to say u were one of the first to get s/c. i knew the price had to drop eventually. thats y i waited so long. i just could not justify paying that much for the s/c. thats the same reason i don't have a ps3 yet.... waiting for the prices to fall.
Exactly. Unless you jsut bought the supercharger within the week of the price drop I would not feel entitled to anything. If you bought a plasma tv when they first came out you got raped, now they are VERY affordable, you dont have the people who payed for them when they first came out demanding some refund because a few years later there is a significant price difference. It is simple supply and demand...on another note the price is very tempting if I had the money to put into it.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Confusious once say san-san. Good things come to those who wait. Grasshopper who jump too soon, often find toad waiting with mouth open.

Sorry, you wanted it, you bought it, you can bite the bullet of the extra money. Cuz they could of dropped the price a year from now and people would still _____ about i want a refund cuz 6 months ago it was this price. Its the price to play the game, and you got bit.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc-guy
I know you aren't trying to sound dick... but I didn't buy the s/c right when it came out. I got mine near the end of February of this year and I didn't buy it to say I'm the first because I certainly wasn't the first. Like I've said, I think its great for all the people that are looking to get s/c'd but I personally felt my stomach drop when I heard of the HUGE price drop.

No complaints about my supercharger, just what I paid for it NOW that TRD dropped it 25%!!! If it would have been $200-even $400 price drop, I wouldn't mind at all, but $800 dollars drop is outrageous!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Being in business myself there is also the gamble by a company to produce a product with no gaurantees to make thier money back.

Once the initial investment is covered and a suitable profit was made then there is the ability to sell cheaper and stay competitive.

Believe it or not company's do lose money on products sometimes but they are not asking the consumer to cover their losses. How about next time a company like TRD loses money on a product they ask the people that did buy for another $500 later on as they did not sell enough of the product as they expected and want to cover costs. I don't see that going over to well!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by racetested
Being in business myself there is also the gamble by a company to produce a product with no gaurantees to make thier money back.

Once the initial investment is covered and a suitable profit was made then there is the ability to sell cheaper and stay competitive.

Believe it or not company's do lose money on products sometimes but they are not asking the consumer to cover their losses. How about next time a company like TRD loses money on a product they ask the people that did buy for another $500 later on as they did not sell enough of the product as they expected and want to cover costs. I don't see that going over to well!
I doubt you know for a fact that TRD lost money on selling their s/c kits originally for $3200. If so, where's your source?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I "didn't" say TRD lost money on the S/C.

Understand what I wrote about business in general and then comment.

Quick Reply: TRD tC Supercharger Price Drop is REAL! $2130 plus tax!