Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

2.0" drop/ Wheel Camber

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stupid question: how could i upgrade something to keep the toe steady... i mean.. i got my alignment done and it seems like the alignment goes off fast...
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by davedavetC
Originally Posted by tc-guy
Originally Posted by davedavetC
fyi, rear camber is not adjustable w/o camber links.
sorry dave but u are incorrect. the rears have eccentrics on the upper control arm that adjusts the camber to a point. (meant for the stock height). it is at the end of the upper control arm that bolts to the frame. unbolt the back side bolt and use a wrench to turn the eccentric cam bolt for camber adjustment. of course u won't be able to see what ur adjusting without the use of an alignment rack. i'm on s-techs and both sides are slightly off. even at the highest point of adjustment on the eccentric cam bolt it gets near within specs but not actually into specs yet its right on the border.

yes, negative camber will wear tires out but very slowly. now with toe out, if it is bad enough ur tires could be gone within a few hundred miles.
odd, every tech i talked to said it wasnt adjustable. looks like its time to smash some skulls...
yea i found out that the camber links from hotchkis is built into the upper control arm which gives more or less camber along with the stock adjustment eccentric bolt.

on the one that SPC makes, all it is is a longer upper control arm that uses the stock adjustment bolt. that how it gets more adjustment. thats why it is cheaper than the hotchkis piece.

oh and to ur question csocso the only way ur gonna get your toe not to go out of adjustment is to probably weld your lower control arm toe adjustments together after you get the toe in specs cuz when u hit big bump or potholes it could knock your toe out easily.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that could really work ?:D
Old 08-09-2008, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i dunno. im just talkin out of my a$$ on that one. but in theory it could work. somehow the guy that did my alignment before i did it myself tightened my toe adjustments on the right side so much that it is permanently stuck in one position. i mean it is still in spec but that thing is basically welded together and it stays in spec so i dunno it COULD work.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

tc-guy you hit the nail on the head as far as the stock rear camber adjustment being just BARELY out of spec. Thats how both my rears are, like .1 out of spec. I'm on s-techs.

My buddy (certified tech at Hundai) did my alignment with me watching and we both tried to get it in spec but theres just no more room for adjustment.

Although i'm sure my springs have settled quite a bit since then. I used to be able to put a finger straight in the wheel well with a TINY bit of space, now it's snug to even do that. The rears have settled in even better than the front.

I was on Prada spec2's for a few thousand miles and had no uneven wear. Been on my Azenis RT615's for about 1100 and they are still 98%, can still read the Azenis on the chunk of tread in the middle.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yea i think thats why trd made their springs 1.5" drop only cuz they did r&d and found that with that slight of a drop u can still get in into specs. i bet that if trd could get the alignment into specs with a lower drop they would have made the springs that way.