Front wheel bearing keeps going out? - Scionlife.com

Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Old 02-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #1

Default Front wheel bearing keeps going out?

Hey guys, i have a 2007 tC and cant figure out why my wheel bearing keeps going out? I had it replaced last September, bought a bearing off ebay and had it installed at a shop. About 2 months later. the same wheel bearing went out again. So took it to a different shop and they told me " we need to replace the hub too, otherwise this new bearing is going to go bad really quick again" so i had them replace the hub and bearing. Now its been about 3 months and it seems like the bearing is going bad again. If i lift the car up and grab the wheel by the top and bottom, i can get a little bit of play out of the wheel, which from my understanding more than likely means bad wheel bearing, plus ive got a loud clunk when i hit even the smallest bumps, sounds like a really bad ball joint, but the ball joint is fine and everything else in the suspension seems to be fine. Any ideas why this same bearing keeps going out?
BDog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:36 AM   #2

nobody.....?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #3

im having the same issue. I replaced it a total of two times and still had the same winding sound when driving and a hard cluck on some bumps. have you checked the struts? maybe its blown.

i do believe thats what my issue is and as a result the lack of support on that side is causing extra wear on the bearings, i believe this is my issue. you could be in the same boat. on pay day im buying me a "kit" from autozone, it has zero reviews so i guess ill be the first to give it a try.

https://www.autozone.com/suspension-...56_249912_2888
or
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/m...&q=strut+shock

Gonna do some research but ill be selecting on of these.
ill update this once its up and running to see if that was the underlining issue. hopefully this helps.

if it comes down to having answer right away i would recomend a dealership or a mechanic that you trust and have them check that out. if the dealersip trys to sell you on extra stuff like lets say "having all the tires the same otherwise the test result could be wrong" just tell them that your looking for this and only this nothing else.

they tried to get me to buy 4 new tires to get my strut checked. gave them the bird and left lol

Best of luck tho
texascion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascion2 View Post
im having the same issue. I replaced it a total of two times and still had the same winding sound when driving and a hard cluck on some bumps. have you checked the struts? maybe its blown.

i do believe thats what my issue is and as a result the lack of support on that side is causing extra wear on the bearings, i believe this is my issue. you could be in the same boat. on pay day im buying me a "kit" from autozone, it has zero reviews so i guess ill be the first to give it a try.

https://www.autozone.com/suspension-...56_249912_2888
or
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/m...&q=strut+shock

Gonna do some research but ill be selecting on of these.
ill update this once its up and running to see if that was the underlining issue. hopefully this helps.

if it comes down to having answer right away i would recomend a dealership or a mechanic that you trust and have them check that out. if the dealersip trys to sell you on extra stuff like lets say "having all the tires the same otherwise the test result could be wrong" just tell them that your looking for this and only this nothing else.

they tried to get me to buy 4 new tires to get my strut checked. gave them the bird and left lol

Best of luck tho
Ya let me know if you figure it out. I'm taking mine in to have the wheel bearing replaced under warranty right now, gonna have them check the struts. Mine does have red TRD struts I'm guessing those are not stock?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #5

Yea, my original ones are stock yea, but for now just gonna settle for either of these two. I'll let ya know either way.

TRD Struts are nice my friend has those on her tC, handling is nice.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-15-2018 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo
texascion2 is offline   Reply With Quote