Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Hi, I Hit a Curb head on..2008 tC 3 speed automatic..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 05:50 AM

Default Hi, I Hit a Curb head on..2008 tC 3 speed automatic..

I have a 2008 tC 3 speed automatic with 23,7000 miles on it.
I was trying to do a U turn it was icey I slid dead on into a sidewalk going about 20 mph I went up and over the curb. Got the front end aligned but now if I’m on the freeway and hit a bump. I feel like the cars back end starts to turn on its own or like I’m driving in grooves or the steering gets stuck in the slight turn
it’s made on its own Only for a split second. It’s really scarey it only happens at a high rate of speed and when I hit a bump. It feels Like the frame is sideways or like I’m driving on ice and don’t have complete control of the car. Like it’s driving itself it takes a couple seconds for me to regain control.

Les Schwab here in Washington says nothing is bent or damaged and aligned the front end. But something is definitely wrong. If I’m going into a turn on a corner even a small turn or changing lanes it’s like the wheels lock in place or like it’s following a track kinda like when you go through a car wash.
It only lasts a few seconds but it I know it can cause me to wreck. I thought it might be because I still have Winter tires on but that became unrealistic after the 7th or 8th time it happened. When I go over the bump it actually throws my car into another position almost sideways. The steering is fine it’s the car itself that acts strange.

Anyone have any idea why it’s doing this?

Please help!

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-09-2021 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 05-16-2021, 05:02 PM
SL Member

Years ago, I had an older hero that would do something similar when going around long curves and then it started getting the death wobble on the Interstate.
Turned out to be a loose bolt on the steering stabilizer. Not sure if these cars have that or not yet, as I am still very new to Scion.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-16-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alignment places don't know car that well, just enough to aim wheels and that's it. Take it to dealer, they have manuals and mechanics that know this model.