Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Issues with my Headlight Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Default Issues with my Headlight Bulbs

I have a 2012 Scion TC. My highbeams are still original factory bulbs. I recently replaced my low beams light bulbs in August 2015. Two things: First, even after replacing the low-beams my daytime running lights aren't working. Is there another bulb I need to replace?
Second, after 3 months of installing the new Sylvania H11 bulbs, they stopped working. Could have been a bad batch from the manufacturer but I found it odd. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a better brand?

I already received a lovely ticket so I really need to get this issue resolved.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. You may have touched the glass part of the bulb when you were replacing it. If there is oil, dirt, ect. on the actual glass part it will cause it burn out prematurely. Wear plastic gloves and DONT actually touch the bulb. Hold it by the plastic part at the base.
2. Normally if you get the brightest halogen bulbs, they won't last as long as the normal, slightly dimmer ones. Extra bright HALOGEN bulbs won't last as long.
3. For your daytime running lights, its probably something related to the wiring. Either you accidentally disconnected the DRL wire from the bulb, or damaged the wire/connection. Double check an make sure the wires look solid and the bulbs are fully seated into the connectors, inspect the bulb housing. After that, you may have blown a fuse while messing with the cables. I would check the fuse, refer to your owners manual for help with that.