loss in power at 3k rpm and up - Scionlife.com

Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 03-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
Default loss in power at 3k rpm and up

So a few weeks ago I down shifted into a lower gear (which one I canít remember maybe 2nd) from 5th by accident. I have never done that ever even learning how to drive manual 16 years ago.

I quickly got it out of gear and put it into 4th gear and it seemed fine however on acceleration around 3k rpms and above there feels like a loss in power. And tonight on the way home from work the yellow engine light flashed a couple times and trac off came on and then went off.

I have been searching around and canít find anything related to my noob mistake. Hoping someone on here could maybe guide me in the right direction.

Side note I took it to a dealership and they fed me BS about cleaning my intake, throttle body and adding some FI cleaner. I didnít want to pay $300 so I did it myself and it hasnít changed anything.
Tatz is offline   Reply With Quote