Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Upgrading exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 05:02 AM

Default Upgrading exhaust

Hey guys I'm new here and haven't had my car much more than a couple weeks. I'm looking at upgrading my exhaust system. I'm looking at a borla axle back and possibly a Meghan racing mid pipe. Here is my question... if I add the midpipe will i have to change out the headers as well? And if so what else do I need to replace the headers? Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your looking for a good cheap sound, CNT racing makes a mid pipe that bolts right up to the OEM system. It replaces the 2nd Cat/Scuba tank and really brings the OEM sound to life. I love the sound of mine, and if you search, there is a video of it around here in a thread I made. CNT Racing should really be all you need to search for.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just an FYI, the borla exhaust is the exact same as the TRD, i love my TRD exhaust. I also had a borla muffler put onto my 97 tacoma and i loved the sound on that one too. My plan was to do the megan racing mid pipe or the CNT as well, not sure about the headers but I'm not against doing them. To answer your question though yes it says its supposed to be a direct bolt on to the OEM equipment so i would say the megan mid pipe can bolt up to the OEM headers.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:31 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_toph
just an FYI, the borla exhaust is the exact same as the TRD, i love my TRD exhaust. I also had a borla muffler put onto my 97 tacoma and i loved the sound on that one too. My plan was to do the megan racing mid pipe or the CNT as well, not sure about the headers but I'm not against doing them. To answer your question though yes it says its supposed to be a direct bolt on to the OEM equipment so i would say the megan mid pipe can bolt up to the OEM headers.
Good luck finding mid pipes for your tC. About a month or so ago I contacted both manufactures and their distributors and they are no where to be found. They are on national back order for about 3 to 4 more months.

On a side note. If you find a place that has those midpipes let me know!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by dunna15
Good luck finding mid pipes for your tC. About a month or so ago I contacted both manufactures and their distributors and they are no where to be found. They are on national back order for about 3 to 4 more months.

On a side note. If you find a place that has those midpipes let me know!
My tC is running on a Tsudo s2 full catback exhaust with CNT s pipe and headers. Also with TRD cold air intake. If you want sound my setup is extremely loud with a little horsepower gain. I don't care about HP at all lol it's a tC. I care about looks and sounds basically.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:19 PM

I've found the borla online but can't find the TRD anywhere. Can I only get it through a dealer? How much is the TRD axleback? And when you say the borla is the exact same... like is everything identical?
Old 05-24-2016, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lazerboy101
I've found the borla online but can't find the TRD anywhere. Can I only get it through a dealer? How much is the TRD axleback? And when you say the borla is the exact same... like is everything identical?
Go to trdsparks parts, pretty much the best deal I could find. The borla will most likely say borla on the exhaust tip and the trd says trd on the exhaust tip, only difference that I could think would be there.. Pretty sure borla makes the trd exhaust for trd.. Just like Ebiach makes the trd springs..
Old 05-24-2016, 02:50 PM

Go to trdsparks parts, pretty much the best deal I could find. The borla will most likely say borla on the exhaust tip and the trd says trd on the exhaust tip, only difference that I could think would be there.. Pretty sure borla makes the trd exhaust for trd.. Just like Ebiach makes the trd springs..
Just read a little bit and borla does not make the trd bosal does. So they are not the same. I'm trying to find a video of the megan racing midpipe with the borla. I've found one with the trd axle back and I like the sound of it now to just find one with borla
Old 05-24-2016, 03:10 PM
SL Member

Just read a little bit and borla does not make the trd bosal does. So they are not the same. I'm trying to find a video of the megan racing midpipe with the borla. I've found one with the trd axle back and I like the sound of it now to just find one with borla
I currently have the Borla Axel back. I like it a lot and I got mine from Jegs.com. They price match anything on their site and are a really good company. If I ever find the Megan Mid pipes. I'll make a video of the mid pipes and the Borla! I imagine that it's going to sound a little more deep than the trd and megan combo
Old 05-24-2016, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm interesting, they look pretty similar but yea your right.