Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

2011+ Scion tC Bulb Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kvnhmmd
Too bad all of those LEDs don't come in the Natural White 4,500k color. How much of a blue tint do you get with the Cool White 7,500k color?

Also, the switch being harder to press, why is that? Hopefully, it shouldn't be too big of a deal, since ultimately, the trunk light is controlled by the hatch opening and closing right? Most people would leave the switch on, I would imagine.

Yeah the light just takes a bit more effort to press on and off, and i personally wouldent wanan flick it on and off all the time. But i leave it in the "on" position all the time since it comes on only when the trunk is opened.

For the color, it isnt much of a blue tint actually, more of a white, like a soft white. My dads friend compared it to a flourecant glow in the car with it. Which i guess it kinda right. Its really weird to describe it, and pictures make it look weird.

If you have ever used an LED flashlight, its kinda comparable to that i suppose. But its not pure white, and its not blue.

OH!! And the rear dome with the 9 bulbs, its slightly whiter than the front dome with 6 bulbs in each socket. Not sure why, but its only noticable if you actually try to spot differences
Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enzie
Yeah the light just takes a bit more effort to press on and off, and i personally wouldent wanan flick it on and off all the time. But i leave it in the "on" position all the time since it comes on only when the trunk is opened.

For the color, it isnt much of a blue tint actually, more of a white, like a soft white. My dads friend compared it to a flourecant glow in the car with it. Which i guess it kinda right. Its really weird to describe it, and pictures make it look weird.

If you have ever used an LED flashlight, its kinda comparable to that i suppose. But its not pure white, and its not blue.

OH!! And the rear dome with the 9 bulbs, its slightly whiter than the front dome with 6 bulbs in each socket. Not sure why, but its only noticable if you actually try to spot differences
Thanks, and do the lights still SLOWLY turn on when you open the door, and SLOWLY turn off? (1-2 seconds like it's supposed to be) Or is it instant bright, and instant off? Some LEDs are not dimmable.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, and do the lights still SLOWLY turn on when you open the door, and SLOWLY turn off? (1-2 seconds like it's supposed to be) Or is it instant bright, and instant off? Some LEDs are not dimmable.

They dont instant on and off. They actually dim :D!!! like 1-2 seconds, just like the stock ones. My neighbor with a really nice M3 was jealous because the LEDs he bought wouldnt dim in his car and stuff
Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They dont instant on and off. They actually dim :D!!! like 1-2 seconds, just like the stock ones. My neighbor with a really nice M3 was jealous because the LEDs he bought wouldnt dim in his car and stuff
Well, looks like I'm sold. Thanks for the info, Enzie. Looks like we are waiting for the rest of the info on bulb sizes for the turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, and if any modifications will be necessary for those.

There is also this link: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

But they do not have any 2011 cars listed on there yet...
Old 02-12-2011, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, looks like I'm sold. Thanks for the info, Enzie. Looks like we are waiting for the rest of the info on bulb sizes for the turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, and if any modifications will be necessary for those.

There is also this link: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

But they do not have any 2011 cars listed on there yet...

np, and yeah :/ i really wanna change my plate lights etc.

Thanks for the link btw, after seeing my car my dad is dying to led swap his '07 tundra, and all the info i need to help him out is right there!

Sometimes i wish the tC got parts/info even faster, even though its already getting stuff at a super fast rate xD

EDIT: just a heads up, I think they have a return policy for the bulbs, something like being able to return certain bulbs even if the packaging was already opened. But for most cases I don't think it makes sense to return em cause shipping alone would make you lose out on any refund
Old 02-12-2011, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

No problem! it's a pleasure to finally do something useful xD.. But no, i dont have the license plate swapped to LED..

I too am waiting on someone to give a list of the bulbs for all those other great places.

License Light is the same as the front two dome lights. I know that the reverse light is a 7440 bulb so just search for a 7440 LED bulb. Not sure about the stops. Just remove the bulb and get the numbers printed on the bulb and then do some searching.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the pictures of my LED swaps, they arent much.. but its better than nothing right? xD

Name:  DSC04513.jpg
Views: 11355
Size:  79.5 KB
Front Dome

Name:  DSC04514.jpg
Views: 11249
Size:  88.0 KB
Front dome (kinda scratched the black D

Name:  DSC04515.jpg
Views: 11192
Size:  99.2 KB
front dome with lights on (Yay mario and a feather thing xD)

Name:  DSC04516.jpg
Views: 11294
Size:  89.7 KB
front dome, with cover on

Name:  DSC04518.jpg
Views: 11242
Size:  45.1 KB
rear dome, the bulb wouldnt get focused on, and thus is kinda blury for the little bulbs for each rear dome photo (also, i know the bulb isnt in the slit, i fixed it after i uploaded these and saw it

Name:  DSC04519.jpg
Views: 11349
Size:  63.2 KB
rear dome

Name:  DSC04520.jpg
Views: 11248
Size:  63.0 KB
rear dome

Name:  DSC04521.jpg
Views: 11173
Size:  68.9 KB
rear dome light on

Name:  DSC04522.jpg
Views: 11625
Size:  148.0 KB
rear dome, cover on

Name:  DSC04523.jpg
Views: 11378
Size:  64.1 KB
trunk light

Name:  DSC04524.jpg
Views: 11429
Size:  66.0 KB
trunk light

Name:  DSC04525.jpg
Views: 11323
Size:  97.5 KB
trunk light, cover on

Name:  DSC04526.jpg
Views: 11508
Size:  180.8 KB
trunk light, light on, in housing

Name:  IMG_2483.jpg
Views: 11458
Size:  119.3 KB
Reverse Light bulb

Name:  IMG_2484-1.jpg
Views: 11176
Size:  91.7 KB
Reverse light on in the day

Name:  IMG_2488-1.jpg
Views: 11304
Size:  72.6 KB
License plate light in the night

Name:  IMG_2490-1.jpg
Views: 12464
Size:  63.3 KB
License plate light and reverse light in the night

The trunk is again, harder to switch than before and just makes me feel uncomfortable switching it on and off a lot.

Also i wasnt sure if i could edit photos into my original post, so i justmade a reply. If a mod could move it to my OP, that would be great.

hooray!

Name:  IMG_2487.jpg
Views: 11363
Size:  52.3 KB
Just for fun :D. I had to sit on the floor at a weird angle for the light to look blue like that, but it makes a great iPhone background :D!!!

Last edited by Enzie; 02-20-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: added more photos
Old 02-14-2011, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the pictures of my LED swaps, they arent much.. but its better than nothing right? xD

Front Dome

hooray!

It ALMOST looks like you can fit a bigger bulb in the front dome, with more LEDs on it. Like a 12-LED bulb. Is this true? Or are the bulbs with more LEDs longer and will hit the lens cover?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um i thought about that aswell, im not sure if its longer, but theres a lot of room so i'm pretty sure it should fit. Im considering ordering a pair when i get some bulbs for my dads truck, but i'm pretty satisfied with these for now, and im trying to save my money for a CAI xD...

I also wasnt sure about the light pattern for the 12 LED bulb, it says something like 220 degree light pattern, so i have no idea how that would look in it..

If they fit though, the 12 LEDs would be amazingly bright
Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump because i added the bulb information for the bulbs i used in my license plate lights and reverse lights, as well as photos
Old 02-20-2011, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good, Enzie, thanks! Do you plan on doing your turn signals and side markers as well?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do plan on doing the parking lights, im only trying to debate wether i should do yellow parking lights or do white or a light blue, because i'm not sure of the legality issues regarding them. I'm pretty sure light blue would be pushing it cause blue is illegal... Not sure about white though. (plus i think theres an orange reflector in the housing ._.)

But for the turn signals... that i'm not too sure about because i dont want to get that hyper blinking and i dont want to have to do any wire cutting and crazy stuff like that to fix it, i honestly have no idea if you have to do any of that stuff to fix hyper blinking, i dont even know if i'll get hyper blinking...

COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT CAUSES HYPER BLINKING? D:

i might just put some PIAA bulbs there.. but for now i'm probably just going to put parker lights when i get the chance (car payment is coming up so im trying not to blow all my money
Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT CAUSES HYPER BLINKING? D:
Hyper Blinking is your car's way of telling you that you have a turn signal light burnt out. Since LEDs are not normal lights, and contain small circuit boards, the car might think the bulb is burnt out, thus creating hyper blinking. (turn signal blinks 2-3x fast.)

However, there are resisters you can plug in/wire in to simulate the load of a regular filament bulb while still keeping LED (which i believe defeats the purpose of energy savings of LED lights)

But if you just use LED for the instant on/off, and brightness, then you should be fine. But in my theory, if you have all LED lights, and forget to turn off your lights, you have longer leeway time before your battery is depleted.... in theory.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohhh, thanks for the info... I'll have to look into the resistors and stuff before I actual consider going LED for those parts
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohhh, thanks for the info... I'll have to look into the resistors and stuff before I actual consider going LED for those parts
I'm not sure if hyper blinking with LEDs are an issue with the 2011 tC, or if some LEDs cause hyper blinking, and some not... Lots of research
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They do. I spoke with another member who is experiencing hyper-blinking. He prefers it though, so he couldn't provide any insight into what can be done to remedy it.

I think the best and easiest way to go would be to get a replacement flasher. From what I gathered during my limited research, it's just a replacement module that goes in the fuse box in the engine bay.

EDIT: I believe the flasher is actually located in the fuse panel inside the car.

Last edited by biglilsteve; 02-22-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  IMG_0244-1.jpg
Views: 11357
Size:  186.3 KB

my 11 baby

Name:  IMG_0271.jpg
Views: 11604
Size:  109.4 KB

white led blinkers and corner lights

Name:  IMG_0270.jpg
Views: 11472
Size:  79.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0272.jpg
Views: 11404
Size:  92.4 KB

with 6k hid by ddmtunning

Name:  IMG_0267.jpg
Views: 11553
Size:  101.7 KB

white led turn signals/reverse and license plate

Name:  IMG_0268.jpg
Views: 11402
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0273.jpg
Views: 11149
Size:  39.1 KB

uv purple interior dome leds

Name:  IMG_0274.jpg
Views: 11275
Size:  68.5 KB

cant find an led bulb for this lights in uv purple. so had to hook up the strip

wish someone came out with white mirror lights!!!! id buy those right now!!
sorry for the bad pictures..not the best camera man in the world lol.

Last edited by jtk2; 02-22-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I like the UV purple, and your LP and back up lights are waaaayyyyy brighter looking than mine!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks dude. kinda got a little tired of doing blue so went purple.
Name:  194.jpg
Views: 11146
Size:  14.4 KB

these are the type of bulbs i used for the lp and front corner lights

Name:  7440.jpg
Views: 11218
Size:  32.0 KB

and used these for reverse and blinkers. bought off ebay from the seller "tuning pros"
Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh cool, my dad tried using the same bulbs i used for my LP lights for his tundra, and either he put them in and they somehow are aimed wrong, or they just arent bright enough for his truck, but the light doesnt even reach the license plate xD....

Did you have to use a resistor thing? or did you just plug those bulbs into the blinkers and have no hyper blink issues?

Quick Reply: 2011+ Scion tC Bulb Sizes