Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:56 AM

Default Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs

Hi, I was wondering if I need to buy anything other than the lowering springs. I don't want to end up buying them and not have enough parts to complete the install and end up paying more than what I hoped for. This is for a 2011 tC.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not super familiar with the tC2, but Sportline springs might be a bit much for OEM shocks. They will likely wear out faster. I'd recommend that you go with a sport oriented shock like Tokico or similar.

Besides that, you shouldn't need much. Rent a spring compressor from the auto parts store for free (once returned).
Old 11-07-2018, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know it's a late reply but I had them for a bit but of upgraded to coils after a year. I really enjoyed the ride height. Other than the spring you don't need anything else.

Last edited by Renike; 11-08-2018 at 02:17 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old reply but FWIW I had the Sportlines for a few months and they made a ton of noise up front when turning and going over bumps. It was extremely annoying. Ended up getting them RMA'd thru Eibach and then replaced them with the Tein S-Techs. They ride 100% smoother, handle better and the car sits a lot more evenly. 100% recommend the S-Techs over the Sportlines.

Also to answer your original question, unless you want to run ~3 degrees of negative camber in the rear you will need to install adjustable camber arms back there as there is no factory camber adjustment. They're ~$200 for the SPC's I have. Megan also makes a kit.

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
Not super familiar with the tC2, but Sportline springs might be a bit much for OEM shocks. They will likely wear out faster. I'd recommend that you go with a sport oriented shock like Tokico or similar.

Besides that, you shouldn't need much. Rent a spring compressor from the auto parts store for free (once returned).
There are no aftermarket performance shocks available for the tC2. The KYB Excel-G's are the only 'upgrade' option and they're kind of meh. It is a smarter idea to install coilovers on this car as you get new shocks with them and the Tein Basis kit is <$500. This is a good option for people that just want lowering springs as it's cheaper than full-on adjustable coilovers and they can still get adjustable ride height paired with upgraded shocks that can handle the drop and are matched for the spring rate.