Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

SPC adjustable rear camber arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question SPC adjustable rear camber arm?

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the SPC adjustable rear camber arms for the tC2 - part number 67487.

Hopefully, I will at least get the springs changed out by the end of fall. I've got -1.1 degree camber at the rear left, and -1.8 degree camber at rear right on completely stock suspension, so even going a inch lower will probably put me out of factory alignment specs, at least on the one side.

I know there are other companies making adjustable rear arms, but SPC is a company that I know, and I'm not crazy about the idea of having to take the suspension apart to change out the locknuts once a year.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm likely going to pick these up sometime soon. Bought my car brand new and since then I've driven for 20K miles on a max drop with Racelands. (had stock suspension for about a week) My rear tires are toast now. However, to be fair, up until recently, trustworthy camber kits haven't been available for the tc2. SPC should be solid and I think I saw another known company selling rear kits as well like Hotkis or something like that. Can't seem to remember where I found them though.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stenger
I'm likely going to pick these up sometime soon. Bought my car brand new and since then I've driven for 20K miles on a max drop with Racelands. (had stock suspension for about a week) My rear tires are toast now. However, to be fair, up until recently, trustworthy camber kits haven't been available for the tc2. SPC should be solid and I think I saw another known company selling rear kits as well like Hotkis or something like that. Can't seem to remember where I found them though.
Hotchkis did make camber arms for the tC1, but not the 2nd Gen tC, if I remember correctly. I was researching this a few months ago, and was hoping that someone would post a review of the SPC arms on Amazon, but haven't seen one yet.

I was seriously considering coil-overs, but I'm afraid that they're going to rust solid on me. I also got a set of TRD springs as part of the deal when I bought the car last year. I think I'm just going to install the TRD springs.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just ordered a set, I'll post more info once they arrive. $115 from SummitRacing.Com

Also ordered a set of Nitto Motivo tires for the tC since my rear tires are utterly useless in any moisture now. Read a review on Car & Driver giving them good reviews when compared to the Continental Extreme Contacts. Supposed to be a OEM style replacement (for the car they were testing) with improved wet grip and turn in response. The Yokohama's that come on the tc leave much to be desired that's for sure
Old 07-22-2016, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So here's a tip. When ordering from summit, order 2. I thought I read on the SPC web site that there were sold in kits, but apparently, summit sells them 1 per axle. So I only ordered one, and only received one.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member

so are they $200 each for a total of $400 or is the $200 one the set?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:51 PM

I got a set of these last year when they first came out from Dezod and they are awesome amazing design from a very well known company. by far the strongest and best designed RUCA i've seen for our cars. The adjustment sucks because you have to unbolt them every time and there adjustment scale is off. By far still the best designed and strongest. the Megan arms i have heard of people having issues with weld joints breaking and other design flaws. They are easy to adjust but seem to have defects and lack strength in design.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have these installed. Yes, they are good pieces and I prefer, respect, and trust the SPC brand more than I do Megan. That's why I went with them.
Originally Posted by SciontCelica12
The adjustment sucks because you have to unbolt them every time and there adjustment scale is off.
This is 100% true. I don't have the capability to align my car myself. I installed these myself and then took the car to the shop to get it aligned. They gave me so much trouble and were so reluctant to make adjustments in the rear because it's so tedious and time consuming.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got my set installed. Here's what I can say so far:

I noticed by lining them up fully compressed that they are shorter than OEM. That being said, you can achieve MORE camber if you are going for that hella stance brah look.

Install went eh, smoothly I guess. The nut on the back of the control arm is a pain in the butt to get back on. But that is Toyota's fault, not SPC. They should have had that nut welded to the tab. Although now that I think about it, in the long run that will be bad on cars that experience winter/salt. Anyhow, have fun with that. I found using a 17mm wrench to hold the bolt in place since my hand could not reach into that small area.

Post install and check I first noticed the wheel spacing was out a bit more. It pushes the wheel track outward on the rear, so now I believe I am going to have to put about a 5mm spacer on the fronts to even things out. So if you are trying to fix negative camber, and run low offset wheels, you'll probably have too consider another option or start doing some more fender work.

The first voyage out of the driveway was actually noticeably different. The corrected camber has actually made the car feel different, and more like it did stock. Not sure if I like that or not, but just driving down the road normally doesn't feel bad at all. I will not be able to tell if I like the new feel of the car until I take it around some back road corners.

Construction is nice, fitment is perfect, and although you have to remove the wheel and front arm to adjust camber, it's not something I plan on adjusting constantly.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

6 month update:

Everything is still good. Tire wear normal, no noises yet to report back. I did find that my tires suck for cornering (expected a better tire from the Nitto Motivo after reading the review from TireRack.com). But overall, ride still good, tire wear normal, and I hate my tires for cornering. Good in the rain though.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCelica12
I got a set of these last year when they first came out from Dezod and they are awesome amazing design from a very well known company. by far the strongest and best designed RUCA i've seen for our cars. The adjustment sucks because you have to unbolt them every time and there adjustment scale is off. By far still the best designed and strongest. the Megan arms i have heard of people having issues with weld joints breaking and other design flaws. They are easy to adjust but seem to have defects and lack strength in design.
Theres nothing wrong with megans. Ive owned their coilover set for 4 years now and the welds are perfectly fine if they are stressed for typical driving, not racing. It is quite missleading why they sell products under a name that is marketed towards racers. What people complain about is the cheap construction for racing which is true just the same as how stock components arent designed on this car for the purpose of racing considering its an economy car sharing alot from a camry.

Im going to buy the megan RUCA as a replacement for the other RUCA that i purchased here years ago for the 2nd gen which had the bolt construction just like Megan. The reason I just now decided to replace it is because its extremly squeeky due to the cheesy way they designed washers that are seperate from the shim. Although it uses alot of quality parts and the welds are great, the design requires constant maitnence due to it needing constant reapplying of greese at the back which is already a complete pain to get to.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the ones like this?
been 3 years on them.
Attached Thumbnails SPC adjustable rear camber arm?-image-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2017, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was this one....
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...2/#post4148207