Go Back  Scionlife.com > Scion xA > Scion xA Owners Lounge
Reload this Page >

xA 1st Gen- Anyone know where I can get cheap already premade cut key?

Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

xA 1st Gen- Anyone know where I can get cheap already premade cut key?

Old 12-21-2018, 07:50 PM
SL Member

Default xA 1st Gen- Anyone know where I can get cheap already premade cut key?

Hey, does anyone know of a cheap place to buy a premade cut key for xA 2004??
My ex throw both sets of keys in the trash.. so I had to improvise by taking out the ignition from the metal casing been using a uncut key. so it looks like I stolen my own car.
They key were just normal key no fob no chip. Simple. I just need them to lock my doors. Thinking installing after market push start for replacing ignition.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-21-2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-23-2018, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know if anywhere is going to have a pre-made cut key for your car, so you best bet is likely going to be either a locksmith cutting you a key or checking to see if the dealer can provide one (which I doubt as they likely sell blanks and you'd need it cut anyway). Neither route is going to be exactly 'cheap' and I'm guessing you'll have to provide some proof you actually own the car if you're driving around with the ignition tumbler yanked out of the car.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MileHightC View Post
I don't know if anywhere is going to have a pre-made cut key for your car, so you best bet is likely going to be either a locksmith cutting you a key or checking to see if the dealer can provide one (which I doubt as they likely sell blanks and you'd need it cut anyway). Neither route is going to be exactly 'cheap' and I'm guessing you'll have to provide some proof you actually own the car if you're driving around with the ignition tumbler yanked out of the car.
Hello mileHightC:
Thank you for help. Yes I did drive it round with the ignition tumbler hanging and yes I had all my documentation at hand to show if I was ever questioned witch did only happen once that's all. but I just got a universal push starter whole kit. I installed it today. It's works and helped me out hella of allot.