Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

1NZ-FE differences?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 10:30 PM
SL Member

Default 1NZ-FE differences?

I was doing research into the 1NZ-FE engine. I was just looking at engine code considering how few references I could find for specifically a Scion xA. I found out that many people do a throttle body swap. Typically you could swap a throttle body from either a 1.8L 1-ZZ from Corolla or Matrix but also from a 2.4L Camry. Both these were basically same throttle body being nearly an inch wider than the 1NZ-FE. But as I noticed all these were drive by wire throttles and the Scion xA is a drive by cable. But many other 1NZ-FE are drive by wire.

I was wondering if the Scion xA just had to sit out this throttle body upsize due to this issue and if anyone else knew anything about this to shine light on the topic for me.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-08-2020 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 11-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

If you do a search you will find all kinds of detail on xA/xB throttle body swaps and you need to source one that came from a cable-operated throttle. I'd imagine very minimal gains for the hassle but the throttle body you would need are relatively inexpensive on eBay.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:58 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hverner
I was doing research into the 1NZ-FE engine. I was just looking at engine code considering how few references I could find for specifically a Scion xA. I found out that many people do a throttle body swap. Typically you could swap a throttle body from either a 1.8L 1-ZZ
from Corolla or Matrix but also from a 2.4L Camry. Both these were basically same throttle body being nearly an inch wider than the 1NZ-FE. But as I noticed all these were drive by wire throttles and the Scion xA is a drive by cable. But many other 1NZ-FE are drive by wire.

I was wondering if the Scion xA just had to sit out this Throttle Body Up size due to this issue and if anyone else knew anything about this to shine light on the topic for me.
24lb injectors work in our motors with the stock computer, the stock ones are 20lb. I wonder if that would be a better mod? I'm not sure how it feels with the injectors alone.

Just thinking but if you leave the cams and cylinder head alone is making the TB just a tiny bit bigger going to help? It just flows into the air box and then everything else behind that is stock you'd at least also have to port match everything.

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-09-2020 at 12:12 PM.